Eagles/Seahawks thread

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess we can't count on the Eagles to do anything for the Cowboys. They lost to the Seahawks tonight to spite us. :muttley:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No they aren’t.
Right. So Wentz is doing it without a back like Zeke.

But our receivers aren’t as good as theirs. Nor is our tight end. No matter how much I love Jason Witten.

I honestly would take Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith and agholor over our receivers.

And let’s not even get into coaching.

The Eagles receivers aren't elite. They're not considerably better than the Cowboys receivers. And the Eagles O line isn't better than the Cowboys.

Wentz is doing well with the cast he has just like Dak did well last year with his cast.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
The Eaglea are extremely beatable. Schedule has been butter soft but they saw tonight what it's like to play from behind. I'd be shocked if they won it all.

Verdict

Reaction score
I have a feeling EaGirls are going to lose to the Rams next week.

Real possibility. It may be as likely that Wentz breaks a leg in that game and we end up winning the NFC East as getting in as a wild card right now.

links18

Reaction score
Yes the only thing that matters is the ball, that is the "pass". It never traveled from the 47 back to the 46 then forward to the 48 where the receiver caught it. It moved forward the whole time.

Although it would be possible for a ball that travels backwards initially to land forward of where it was released if there is a big gust of wind, I suppose.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Eaglea are extremely beatable. Schedule has been butter soft but they saw tonight what it's like to play from behind. I'd be shocked if they won it all.

It's a damn shame one more win gets them the division.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Even if the pass was lateral which is legal at the speed they were running once the ball got to the reciever it would have been at a forward point from where he threw it. It’s a scientific certainty.
The football certainty is it was an illegal forward pass that is all that matters in this discussion of a football play in a football game.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The Eagles receivers aren't elite. They're not considerably better than the Cowboys receivers. And the Eagles O line isn't better than the Cowboys.

Wentz is doing well with the cast he has just like Dak did well last year with his cast.

Exactly. So both QB’s need their supporting cast to be successful. As does basically every 2nd year QB. Which is something I’ve said multiple times.

So what’s the argument about?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was a standard lateral pass. It wasn't challenged because it was a good lateral...everybody was in motion. The announcers got that wrong.
You could be right. It appeared that way to me. The ball was recieved at a point which looks forward from where he released it which is a normal projection. Now whether that’s legal within the rules I couldn't say . My hunch is they wouldn’t have over ruled the call on the field .

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They were behind a lot last season and he threw picks and turned the ball over in those situations. Just like he did tonight.

Just saying he hasn’t proven he can do that yet.
And Dak turned the ball over a lot playing from behind, lest you forget the Denver and Philly games this year.
QBs tend to press when they're playing catch up.
Why Dak threw two pick sides from within our own red zone.
It happens.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

The Eagles D is obviously far better than the Cowboys' has been for at least a decade. The Eagles have only had to play from behind twice all year and lost both games. Wentz has never had to bring his team back like Dak did last year vs the Packers in the playoffs.

But I would agree, both QBs have played very well when their supporting casts are very good and average to below when they aren't (as most first/second year QBs would).

I think Wentz is a better overall QB but Dak's demise is greatly exaggerated.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This is true.

If god forbid the eagles make the Super Bowl, the patriots would take them.

The run-pass options and one read routes won’t work against belichek.
That's true but with the Saints, Vikings and Rams all having good defenses and explosive offenses I don't think the eagles will go very far.

They struggle when defense isn't getting turnovers and they fall behind some.