Eagles/Seahawks thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
You could be right. It appeared that way to me. The ball was recieved at a point which looks forward from where he released it which is a normal projection. Now whether that’s legal within the rules I couldn't say . My hunch is they wouldn’t have over ruled the call on the field .

You would be wrong.

It’s where the ball is released, relative to where is is caught that matters. That’s all.

U have to remember that the ball is moving forward at same speed that Wilson is running. So when he throws it sideways. The momentum carries it forward. Thus making it a forward pass.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The football certainty is it was an illegal forward pass that is all that matters in this discussion of a football play in a football game.
Could be . I’m not certain how the officials would have ruled if challenged.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Eaglea are extremely beatable. Schedule has been butter soft but they saw tonight what it's like to play from behind. I'd be shocked if they won it all.
Whoever gets home-field advantage. The Vikings and Saints look pretty strong too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You would be wrong.

It’s where the ball is released, relative to where is is caught that matters. That’s all.

U have to remember that the ball is moving forward at same speed that Wilson is running. So when he throws it sideways. The momentum carries it forward. Thus making it a forward pass.
You might be right . I can’t be certain how the NFL would have ruled on it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see Eagles fans all over Facebook blaming the refs!! Haha Funny how our fan base isn't allowed to do that but it's apparently acceptable for them.
I think everyone is allowed to do but it’s more about if it’s valid or just sour grapes.

Qbert

Reaction score
listening to the eagles post game, they are making every excuse you can think of as to why the Eagles lost, bad refs, bad coachin, wentz being hit early on, not being prepared, its hilarious

garyo1954

Reaction score
listening to the eagles post game, they are making every excuse you can think of as to why the Eagles lost, bad refs, bad coachin, wentz being hit early on, not being prepared, its hilarious

Maybe they should try Seattle disguised their coverage very well. They would show single high and drop into cover three. They would set their LBs back in passing situations and dare Wentz to throw short. Wentz did the best he could with the situations he had.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The long throw being tackled was a nice throw, but he had already wound up and started forward before contact as he was heaving it to a wide open receiver in busted coverage. I’m not sure why all the love for the TD throw.....he was out of the pocket with no one near him and hit a wide open receiver. First play special strength. TD any QB could throw.
Pretty sure it had to do with how Wentz seemingly evaded that 'jail break' pass rush that looked to have ' little big horn' written all over it and squirt out&up to the right of that envelopment unscathed,,, ya,that's where the praise/admiration comes from on that oneo_O