Twitter: Eagles sign Suh

Fmart322

Reaction score
if your neighborhood is full of Philly fans talking about the 90’s Cowboys, I’d move and I’m a Philly fan.
Quite a few acutely think the Cowboys bought those 90s championship. That's why I bring it up.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Quite a few acutely think the Cowboys bought those 90s championship. That's why I bring it up.

How did the Cowboys "buy" the 90's Super Bowl wins?

The only team that I can really think bought a Super Bowl is Tampa Bay when Brady came to town and they brought in a short term supporting cast for him.

If Dallas picks up the weird hair color guy from the Ram/Giant's and the Boys win the Super Bowl this year because he makes a great catch in a playoff game, do I think Dallas "bought" the Super Bowl? Heck no.

Even though Philly squeaked out a win (Colts lost it), one thing I was curious about and that is the Colts were only held to 99 total running yards as a team.

Thing is, Colts ran 25 times, the Commanders ran 49 times.

One could argue that Jim Irsey hired a joke for a coach who didn't demand that his team run the ball given the information the game before.

Sorry, didn't watch the complete game today, so now clue how the play calling was on the Colts side.

Last edited:

DripTooHard

Reaction score

The only team that I can really think bought a Super Bowl is Tampa Bay when Brady came to town and they brought in a short term supporting cast for him.

If Dallas picks up the weird hair color guy from the Ram/Giant's and the Boys win the Super Bowl this year because he makes a great catch in a playoff game, do I think Dallas "bought" the Super Bowl? Heck no.

The 1994 Niners truly bought their Super Bowl.

Fmart322

Reaction score

I think it's because they signed s
Dion Sanders. Other than that, idk. Trust me, eagles fans are extremely bitter people at heart.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Dion Sanders. Other than that, idk. Trust me, eagles fans are extremely bitter people at heart.

Honestly, Eagles fans are no different than other radical fans whose life must suck where a football game decides if you're happy or not:D

THAT is the NFL strategy LOL

Legendz82

Reaction score
Honestly, Eagles fans are no different than other radical fans whose life must suck where a football game decides if you're happy or not:D

Just curious, are cowboy’s fans the same way? Because they sound it.

Fmart322

Reaction score

I guess you don't live in the Delaware Valley.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Just curious, are cowboy’s fans the same way? Because they sound it.

Honestly dude, I have no clue.

I like the cowboys NOW, I have not always in the past ("Americas Team" kind of ticked me off because they were not my "team" growing up). Added the fact that other than the hill country in Texas, Texas aint exactly my favorite state to work and live.

Full disclosure. My father was away in SE Asia in the late 60's and early 70's during a "war" because he was a lifer, so me and my mom lived with my grandmother living in Pa during that time, and I could only spend time with my uncle and cousins watching the Eagles on Sundays so I liked them growing up as a boy (in my defense, because of my father, I enlisted to serve our country, so even though I wasn't a cowboys fan in the early 80's, don't hold it against me LOL).

End of the day, am I disappointed that the cowboys lost, yes I am. Also, end of day, football is a business, and that business makes money based on "loyalty" to a game where the "revenue" (AKA the "fans") only watches and doesn't participate.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I guess you don't live in the Delaware Valley.

Sorry to say, you couldn't pay me to live there. But that's just me. Everyone has a place they like, and there isn't it for me. I ended up in Camden one time at 0100 and it scared me for life LMAO

I LOVE living in BFE North Carolina now.

When we retire, perhaps Arizona or Utah. Could never see myself being a fan out with those teams though.

I try to stay away from being "radical" on anything. Try to keep a level head and keep things in perspective.

Last edited:

Fmart322

Reaction score
Sorry to say, you couldn't pay me to live there. But that's just me. Everyone has a place they like, and there isn't it for me. I ended up in Camden one time at 0100 and it scared me for life LMAO

I LOVE living in BFE North Carolina now.

When we retire, perhaps Arizona or Utah. Could never see myself being a fan out with those teams though.
Camden can be a frightening place. Believe it or not i work there a lot. Sometimes at night. Lol.

Legendz82

Reaction score
Honestly dude, I have no clue.

I like the cowboys NOW, I have not always in the past ("Americas Team" kind of ticked me off because they were not my "team" growing up). Added the fact that other than the hill country in Texas, Texas aint exactly my favorite state to work and live.

Full disclosure. My father was away in SE Asia in the late 60's and early 70's during a "war" because he was a lifer, so me and my mom lived with my grandmother living in Pa during that time, and I could only spend time with my uncle and cousins watching the Eagles on Sundays so I liked them growing up as a boy (in my defense, because of my father, I enlisted to serve our country, so even though I wasn't a cowboys fan in the early 80's, don't hold it against me LOL).

End of the day, am I disappointed that the cowboys lost, yes I am. Also, end of day, football is a business, and that business makes money based on "loyalty" to a game where the "revenue" (AKA the "fans") only watches and doesn't participate.

I thank you for your service.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I thank you for your service.

Honestly, no need for thanks.

In my honest opinion, I think it's what everyone person out of high school should do (Israel doesn't have a bad plan per mandatory service IMO and perhaps that has changed now, I honestly don't know). My uncles were parents of immigrants off the boat in the early 1900's and they all served during WW2. My uncle Pete gave his life in Belgium and I never had the opportunity to meet him.

I've come to understand that we can ***** all we want about the NFL, but there are more important things in life to just a game we all watch. The NFL however in my humble opinion would like you to forget that.

Hopefully my rambling makes sense...

Note, I'm in my late 50's. My boy plans on enlisting as well to see what life can offer him in the service after he graduates high school. Something EVERY high school student graduating should do IMO.

There is something to be said when you actually understand that the government owns your arse and how grateful you can be after that fact...

Last edited:

DZSierra

Reaction score
Camden can be a frightening place. Believe it or not i work there a lot. Sometimes at night. Lol.

I don't get afraid easily. But being a white boy accidentally driving in Camden from Philly at 0100 by mistake scared the living crap out of me LOL I'm not dumb.
Honestly, looked like a worn torn 3rd world country with my headlights. At the time, I didn't know places like that existed in the US.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Lifelong Eagles fan from the Philly area and literally never heard anyone claim the Cowboys bought their championships.
Well I you never heard it it must not be true then I guess.
I see people talk about it on Facebook too.