Eagles to hire Nick Sirianni as head coach

ESisback

Reaction score
It sure wasn’t.
Replies are.

Stash, I don’t get your meaning.

All I’m saying is this...our 2020 team as it is would probably have trouble with a Giants team with a 20th ranked offense and a defense ranked in the upper half. Just my opinion that for this year’s team, virtually any win is not a slam dunk, especially a division rival.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash, I don’t get your meaning.

All I’m saying is this...our 2020 team as it is would probably have trouble with a Giants team with a 20th ranked offense and a defense ranked in the upper half. Just my opinion that for this year’s team, virtually any win is not a slam dunk, especially a division rival.

I would agree with you on that. The Giants defense was shockingly good based on the players they had.

But that doesn’t change the fact that Garrett’s offense was horrible.

ESisback

Reaction score
I would agree with you on that. The Giants defense was shockingly good based on the players they had.

But that doesn’t change the fact that Garrett’s offense was horrible.

I’m certainly no Garrett fan, and I’m not advocating for him by any means. I’m RELIEVED he’s no longer our HC. That said, we had a top ten offense most of his time here. Could have been a top two or three offense had we been better in the RZ.

IMHO...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m certainly no Garrett fan, and I’m not advocating for him by any means. I’m RELIEVED he’s no longer our HC. That said, we had a top ten offense most of his time here. Could have been a top two or three offense had we been better in the RZ.

IMHO...

I'd say you're misremembering things a bit.

Here are the actual offensive rankings.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/

Take note of how Parcells had assembled the team and stacked the deck for Garrett and Wade Phillips when they arrived, and sitting at 4th in the league in scoring in 2006. He set that table.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'd say you're misremembering things a bit.

Here are the actual offensive rankings.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/

Take note of how Parcells had assembled the team and stacked the deck for Garrett and Wade Phillips when they arrived, and sitting at 4th in the league in scoring in 2006. He set that table.

Yeah, I’m looking through rose colored glasses. Of course, some MIGHT say your glasses have poop stains. Didn’t they finish in the top half of the league in points 7 out of 10 years? Plus, I’d bet you could find plenty of examples throughout league history that showed previous coaches “setting the table”, couldn’t you? Like I said, I’m STILL glad Garrett’s gone, though!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I’m looking through rose colored glasses. Of course, some MIGHT say your glasses have poop stains. Didn’t they finish in the top half of the league in points 7 out of 10 years?

You’ll have to clarify the “10 years” you’re specifically referring to?

Plus, I’d bet you could find plenty of examples throughout league history that showed previous coaches “setting the table”, couldn’t you?

Feel free to support and make that case.

Like I said, I’m STILL glad Garrett’s gone, though!

We can definitely agree on that.

ESisback

Reaction score
You’ll have to clarify the “10 years” you’re specifically referring to?

Feel free to support and make that case.

We can definitely agree on that.

The ten years The Clapper was here! As far as “making a case”, sorry, I’m too lazy! Am I allowed to voice an opinion without hours of research, sworn affidavits, and legal precedents?✌

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ten years The Clapper was here!

He was here for more than ten years overall.

As far as “making a case”, sorry, I’m too lazy!

Am I allowed to voice an opinion without hours of research, sworn affidavits, and legal precedents?✌

Sure, but not making up your own facts. It’s simple, if you don’t want to do the work to support it, don’t make claims.

J817

Reaction score
I wonder when people will realize that maybe Eric b doesn't want to leave especially to these garbage franchises. I heard some interviews he did years ago and he seemed smart I actually thought to myself this dude would be a great coach. It's like the media wants to be able to claim it's cause of his skin. instead of him wanting to stay in kc and take over when fat Andy leaves

Same as Bienemy maybe he doesn't want to leave. Sometimes people know their role.

Why is he going on interviews then? For fun?

Reactions: C42

ESisback

Reaction score
He was here for more than ten years overall.

Sure, but not making up your own facts. It’s simple, if you don’t want to do the work to support it, don’t make claims.

I’m not “making up facts”, I’m merely giving my opinion based on what I read and hear and see. I was referring to his ten years as HC. How many years before that as OC? 4? 5?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not “making up facts”, I’m merely giving my opinion based on what I read and hear and see. I was referring to his ten years as HC. How many years before that as OC? 4? 5?

3 full seasons and then the one year where Wade was fired during the season.

Flamma

Reaction score
For any coordinator looking to make a name for himself, taking the Eagles job is borderline setting yourself up to fail.

Besides the QB issue they're going to have a cap problem for the next couple of years. That along with not having a very talented team. He might not have that job long enough to recover.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We’re going to be decimated by our division for years to come. We have the worst coaching in the division by a long shot. That’s a smart, high risk, high reward choice. Big Mike was a high risk, low reward. Now with Quinn and Moore by his side? What a joke. Sad that Dallas went from a dynasty team in the 90’s to the Knicks of the NFL now.
The habitual haters like this one loves anything other teams do and hates anything the Cowboys do. But everyone knows this so nothing new here.