Rayman70
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 47,161
- Reaction score
- 47,645
Hush dang itWatch the Eagles break it down, and then lap us again in a few seasons after they build it back once more.
Hush dang itWatch the Eagles break it down, and then lap us again in a few seasons after they build it back once more.
DesperateBack issues. Dumb trade for Ravens.
Very predictable at this point.Watch the Eagles break it down, and then lap us again in a few seasons after they build it back once more.
Im just loving the complete unraveling going on to be honest. I think it gets much more unstable once we hear about what's really happening in Philly. The leaks will come out. Pressure is mounting.I know we want to hate on their fans and the team in general but this is a move that’s bad for us.
They got a 2nd round pick for a guy they were benching to make room for an UDFA who spent all of last season on IR. A huge overpay by the Ravens.
LOL, Aero I Like you man. You are a real fan. I knew you would be here. Use to be a stealers fan CPanther that would post a lot, not seen him in years, he disappeared like Pappy, Mountain and Aria (who we use to talk about backs and he would always say Barkley was better than Zeke).In always around. You gotta ping me though or I may miss your comment
Probably...but honestly that first round has been mostly unimpactful. Even top guys like David Bailey and Ruben Baine have looked bad. So farBet Howie is regretting taking that Wr in round 1 about now.
And unlike the NBA stepping in to stop Sam Hinkie with the 76ers, the Eagles will pull somehow pull off the tank.Probably...but honestly that first round has been mostly unimpactful. Even top guys like David Bailey and Ruben Baine have looked bad. So far
But you watch . Philly won't settle for being "middle of the road" like we do. If they think their SuperBowl window has shut (which is yheir only goal...anything shirt of a SB win is cimplete failure to them) with this current group, they will put on a Tank Job show like we've never seen in an effort to retool everything in as short a time as possible, just like they did after winning the SB in 2018. By 2022, they'd already done a complete rebuild and we back in the SB with a whole new group.
I hate them....but I have to admire that. Let's just say.. they aren't worried about circulating propaganda about their revenue ranking like Jerry is....even though they're still upper echelon in that depth too
Ding ding ding. He does not care if they are terrible over this season and next if it means a faster turnaround. Some fans here should think about the wisdom. But, but, but you are giving up when you got a “franchise” QB who has been to two SB’s. I don’t understand how you don’t use all the next five years first and or second round picks to get a player one slight notch above the current guy to hopefully avoid a 5 win season and thankfully win 7 games.This is why Roseman is a great GM. He has no interest if the ceiling is mediocrity. I wonder if they'll move Hurts.
The Ravens’ forums are less than enthusiastic.This was highway robbery. Eagles fans on all their boards today are thrilled.
They will be aiming for 2 years down the road. Not 27 and maybe not 28. Definitely 29. They will make it work just like in between 2020 and 2022. Howie does not do 4-5 years of building. No GM besides Jerry gets the 4+ year mulligan.2029 was always the rebuild year where they have all the void money hitting. I'm not sure how Lane Johnson exactly impacts that, but I think a complete teardown has always been the plan. As of right now, it is over $200m cap collars in void years for Hurts, Mailata, Johnson, Smith, Barkley, Dickerson, and Baun. Jurgens' void year was 2030, but they still have over $100m in cap dollars for voided years allocated then.
The goal I think has been to 2031 or 2032. Maybe starting the rebuild a year early expedites a bit (really, it started with trading AJ Brown), but that conflicts with other moves unless they have a firesale to get out of some of those void years. You'd get a haul for Mailata and Smith (I'd trade Mitchell too), but you have to do that pretty quickly.
Guyton is a real deal NFL Left Tackle.Jerry, get on the phone, offer a 2nd for Mailata, move Guyton to RT where he belongs. That would give us a damn good o-line.
Yep, waiving the white flag. Shedding salaries. Dickerson will likely retire too. They fell off that cliff fast.They are in full rebuild.
They don't have a quarterback to do that.They will be aiming for 2 years down the road. Not 27 and maybe not 28. Definitely 29. They will make it work just like in between 2020 and 2022. Howie does not do 4-5 years of building. No GM besides Jerry gets the 4+ year mulligan.
Wouldn't be surprised if they trade people on the defensive side of the ball. Zach Baun's stock has never been higher, for example. He could seriously be a difference-maker for the Cowboys. Mailata would net a huge haul, but he could well still be there when they're climbing up again. It'd take a lot, but I think we've already seen Howie take advantage of the 'greater fool theory' when it came to the Jurgens trade--it only takes one team willing to pay the price.Wonder if they will trade Mialata for the right price? Not us, but they might get a 1st rounder for him from someone.
I think they've stopped listening to Sirianni. Most head coaches, even Andy Reid in Philly, have shelf-lives. Pretty sure Doug Peterson only lasted one more year after winning the Super Bowl. Sirianni's gone after this year. Wouldn't read anything into Lane Johnson's retirement other than what he said. After all, he could have retired when their O-line coach did.I'm starting to wonder if something isn't seriously going on over there. Do they hate the coach or the QB or the OC or something??
Why would Lane not show up for a game then suddenly retire and the next day they trade away the starting C???
Hmmmm
Bingo.Ding ding ding. He does not care if they are terrible over this season and next if it means a faster turnaround. Some fans here should think about the wisdom. But, but, but you are giving up when you got a “franchise” QB who has been to two SB’s. I don’t understand how you don’t use all the next five years first and or second round picks to get a player one slight notch above the current guy to hopefully avoid a 5 win season and thankfully win 7 games.
They will find another competent QB (Sam Darnold type or better), surround him with a great offensive line, weapon or two, good to great defensive line and roll the dice again. Had I not seen it multiple times with Howie I might believe I was wrong. But I’m not. He does not care about actually rebuilding years. He will do a hard reset and laugh at the dweebs reveling in the year or two of poor records.They don't have a quarterback to do that.
