Eagles trade Haason Reddick to Jets

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Looks like a similar player, so the trade-off is they get a similar player to what they had and a quality pick. It would be like us signing a similar player to Lawrence in free agency and then trading Lawrence for a mid-round pick. I think most of us would be OK with that.
Plus saving $8M

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is as simple as this. You have this much money to spend and it behooves you to spend it in a manner that makes you as competitive as possible. Some teams concern themselves with that reality, some teams are the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas can’t figure out how to get their starting quarterback to sign, can’t get their top wide receiver to sign, and can’t get their most dynamic defender to sign. You’re used to a team that is clueless. Don’t succumb to it.
Huh? I don’t know what any of this has to do with what you replied to. I’m not use to a clueless team lol. I watch and follow most NFL teams not just Cowboys…I know the difference between Huff and Reddick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
24 year old Huff had the same pass rush win rate as 29 year old Reddick, 5th in nfl. Huff was 2nd in pressure rate, only behind Parsons (20.3 to 20.4). Over the next 5 years I expect Huff will be better than Reddick, likely much better…. The Eagles also are getting Huff for about 8m/year less than Reddick, and are getting a future 2nd round pick to boot.
Unless I’m looking at different stats then you mine says Myles Garrett is second in pass rush rate followed by Will Anderson and TJ Watt.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You’re assuming he won’t. It’s professional football. It comes down to how much? Prudent decisions have to be made. The Cowboys have not signed their starting quarterback, their number one receiver, or their most dynamic player on defense. See how it works? Some front offices are making tough decisions. Jerry Jones hires his idiot kid to run the show and throws down Johnnie Walker Blue hoping his attorneys protect him from young women who claim he’s their father. See the difference?
I've been aware of the difference for almost 30 years already.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Unless I’m looking at different stats then you mine says Myles Garrett is second in pass rush rate followed by Will Anderson and TJ Watt.
Omg. I say it right in this post….two different stats. Huff/Reddick had the same pass rush win rate (tied for 5th). Huff was 2nd to Parsons in pressure rate. If I could add Huff at 17m (plus a draft pick), or Reddick at 25m, to the Cowboys it would be Huff all day long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Omg. I say it right in this post….two different stats. Huff/Reddick had the same pass rush win rate (tied for 5th). Huff was 2nd to Parsons in pressure rate. If I could add Huff at 17m (plus a draft pick), or Reddick at 25m, to the Cowboys it would be Huff all day long.
Well not sure what you are looking at but Huff ain’t as good as Reddick so as a “Cowboy fan” you don’t have to worry…;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What did the Eagles add vs what did the boys add. One team is “all in” while the other…I’m not sure…tanking?
Well we did more losing then adding. I don’t follow your point? I never said we were going all in that’s Jerry and whoever believed it.