Twitter: Eagles trading Ertz to AZ

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I’m saying LAC is a playoff contender but not a super bowl contender. Is that all Dallas is? If not, Then why are we gloating they beat a team everyone here would agree is beneath them?

Dallas has played 1 offense so far they couldn’t keep up with, and it was almost entirely Brown’s fault. If you had the chance to improve that position, why on Earth would you refused that’s where this conversation started.

Chargers are good, but you won’t be seeing them again this year like you will GB, ARI, TB, LAR… a better 2nd or 3rd corner would be huge against those WR corps
Keep in mind it was the first game of the season with a new defense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
White lie? What does that mean? What do you think I’m lying about?

I think using Parsons as a DE is an improvement over what you had in week 1, but that doesn’t really help Brown torching Brown, the whole reason this topic was brought up

White lie is omitting things.....so yes the defense is better..I mean Brown looks way better now than he did in game 1 and some of game 1 was not on him. Again it was the first game with a new DC and basically 7 New starters..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, I’m saying LAC is a playoff contender but not a super bowl contender. Is that all Dallas is? If not, Then why are we gloating they beat a team everyone here would agree is beneath them?

Dallas has played 1 offense so far they couldn’t keep up with, and it was almost entirely Brown’s fault. If you had the chance to improve that position, why on Earth would you refused that’s where this conversation started.

Chargers are good, but you won’t be seeing them again this year like you will GB, ARI, TB, LAR… a better 2nd or 3rd corner would be huge against those WR corps
Not wrong

Quality of CB's could be a big factor for us going deep. Brown has played better since week 1, but he is and always will be a league average #3. He could be a problem for us going up against deep WR corps. Lewis is right with him. The one that could turn it around would be Joseph securing that #2 spot when healthy and significantly outplaying those two. But that is unlikely

blueblood70

Reaction score
Weak QB class coming up? So they're keeping Hurts.
I think Hurts will grow and be fine...

but weak class says they ahve enough draft picks stocked they could ends up with Rogers, Wilson, or Watson so lets hope they keep Hurts..:)

scary 2022

WFT- wilson
NYG-watson
Philly- rogers

or flip any of them...if all 3 go after these guys it will be an interesting 2022..

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not wrong

Quality of CB's could be a big factor for us going deep. Brown has played better since week 1, but he is and always will be a league average #3. He could be a problem for us going up against deep WR corps. Lewis is right with him. The one that could turn it around would be Joseph securing that #2 spot when healthy and significantly outplaying those two. But that is unlikely

Against TB he’s guarding Antonio Brown. Against LAR he’s guarding DeSean Jackson. Against Arizona he’s guarding AJ Green. NFC playoffs are gonna be insane this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
no one gives up or ha fire sale at 2-4 in 17 game season with an extra WC game i believe?..apparently they believe they need cb and pick over an aging TE unhappy about his snaps being reduced..

we turned around our team from 3-5 in 16 game seaosn.this is a weak division so no way we should think this is the sheagles giving up..thats a bit ignorant of you ask me.

so is this CB any good?

The Cowboys turned around from 3-5 because they had a solid QB and they made a trade for an outstanding WR. We didn’t trade away a weapon we added one. Just last season Philly intentionally threw their season finale to gain a higher draft pick. Hurts needed work and they took him out, replacing him with their third QB with the game still in the balance. Ertz is still a real good player. You don’t part with a player like that after only 5 games for a draft pick if you feel good about your chances this season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
they were trying in the off-season to unload him

So they could help their team this year with a draft pick. Trading him away now isn’t going to help them this season. The move reduced their chances of having a successful 2021 season. The Cardinals on the other hand landed a player they feel well help them in their Super Bowl run. They’re trying to give Murray as many weapons as they can. Hurts on the other hand just lost a weapon. Dallas Goedert missed Thursday nights game with an injury.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Against TB he’s guarding Antonio Brown. Against LAR he’s guarding DeSean Jackson. Against Arizona he’s guarding AJ Green. NFC playoffs are gonna be insane this year.
Ya its gonna be fun to watch. As it stands we would need an equalizer to pull those wins. Either a strong game from our pass rush, timely TO's, or simple outscoring them. However I think your chances of getting that for the 3 wins min you will need are not every good

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Anthony Brown was not at fault for the Antonio Brown TD before the half. Lewis tripped and Kazee went to help. Kazee was supposed to give Brown help deep. Brown was supposed to trail. Yet, you blame Anthony Brown.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Not unlike all those teams you listed who will have thier 3rd best CB covering Gallup...whats your point, which team has 3 all pro CB's?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not unlike all those teams you listed who will have thier 3rd best CB covering Gallup...whats your point, which team has 3 all pro CB's?

You’re saying Brown is just below all pro level and that’s all that would be an upgrade over him?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If that’s the case? Forget it. We can have his services this year and wait for the comp pick.
Im guessing he is right. A trading team will only have Gallup half the season, and he will be a FA after the season.

I think Ertz comp is a solid benchmark for what we could expect from Gallup. He is likely to get us a 3rd round comp in 2023 if we keep him and let him walk. Plus I think our best bet to go deep in the playoffs this season is overpowering teams with our WR's. Next year, when some of our recent defensive draft picks are more experienced, we should be more balanced. But right now, teams not being able to defend us is our best bet for 2021

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You’re saying Brown is just below all pro level and that’s all that would be an upgrade over him?

Again your trying to hard...I said name the teams that match up well at CB with the top offenses in the league which we are one of? I didnt say Brown was all pro there are no teams that deep at CB

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Im guessing he is right. A trading team will only have Gallup half the season, and he will be a FA after the season.

I think Ertz comp is a solid benchmark for what we could expect from Gallup. He is likely to get us a 3rd round comp in 2023 if we keep him and let him walk. Plus I think our best bet to go deep in the playoffs this season is overpowering teams with our WR's. Next year, when some of our recent defensive draft picks are more experienced, we should be more balanced. But right now, teams not being able to defend us is our best bet for 2021

Theres also the consideration that a team who has no real use with their franchise to tag him right away and try and work out a long term deal. The Tag won’t be a whole lot more than he’d be expected to get. I think you could get a bit more than Ertz due to long term potential. Plus he’s like5+ years younger

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Again your trying to hard...I said name the teams that match up well at CB with the top offenses in the league which we are one of? I didnt say Brown was all pro there are no teams that deep at CB

Why did you ask who had 3 all pros? That seems dramatically hyperbolic.
What context are you using teams needing 3 all pro CBS for?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Theres also the consideration that a team who has no real use with their franchise to tag him right away and try and work out a long term deal. The Tag won’t be a whole lot more than he’d be expected to get. I think you could get a bit more than Ertz
Its still a big cap hit if they cant work out an extension. 15M last year, probably 17 or so this year. Tag tends to raise the bar on a contract. I don't know of a team would do that for Gallup.

I think the most we could get for Gallup is a 4th. Probably closer to a 5th

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys turned around from 3-5 because they had a solid QB and they made a trade for an outstanding WR. We didn’t trade away a weapon we added one. Just last season Philly intentionally threw their season finale to gain a higher draft pick. Hurts needed work and they took him out, replacing him with their third QB with the game still in the balance. Ertz is still a real good player. You don’t part with a player like that after only 5 games for a draft pick if you feel good about your chances this season.
ertz has not been a weapon this year and sorry but again my comments holds true NO TEAM , NONE ,ZERO is not having a fire sale after 6 games @2-4., all is not lost in 17 game seasons ..jeez people

ertz had only 18 catches for under 300 yards and Goddoert 15 for under 200

its easy to assume now goddert gets more targets, 30% more and they use their rbs to make up for it..Ertz was a weapon, hes no longer a weapon..that not the word for declining player..sure in moderation maybe AZ ca get more from him

Hurts is not playing bad, dudes started 10 games and showing improvement, im obviously not a fan of the eagles nor any player they have, not one, HOWEVER i saw them lose with bad call by 6 points last night..not all is lost nor are they thinking that way..this was a move they tried to make in the offseason and it just got done now..

the eagles issues are not using the run game more with their Rbs and need to get back to that better defense and take some pressure off hurts.its the coaching and play calls ive seen hurt them more then anythign.weve seen that here in 2019 down the stretch..