Eagles' Trotter and Dawkins can beat these Commanders

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
While the Commanders are streaking right now, they're prime for a loss on the road, which can happen with a sudden switch at their QB position. Listening to Moss' (i.e. Commanders Receiver) post-game comments, I found two things very interesting. He spoke about the importance of Clinton Portis' running the ball well and credited that for opening up the Commanders passing gawme. He also aluded to how he had to play with more focus with Ramsey in the game because he has to make more adjustments for his passes.

Well, now the Commanders play the Eagles on the road, in Philly, and Philly has a pro-bowl MLB in Trotter to keep the Commanders' RB (Portis) at bay, and and a pro-bowl calliber Safety in Dawkins to keep their best WR (Moss) at bay. The key for the Eagles will be to key on the run, and with that kind of talent up the middle I think they have a chance to contain it. That will put more pressure on the Commanders passing game to have to control/win the game, meaning more pressure on Ramsey, who throws more erratic passes. and with Dawkins providing Safety help against Moss, we can easily see Ramsey throw into INT trouble. This could very well be the matchup that decides this game.

Zman5

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, EaGirls offense stink. They have a 3rd string QB and 2nd string RB and WRs starting. Only way I can see them winning the game is if their defense and special teams score few TDs.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Zman5 said:
Unfortunately for us, EaGirls offense stink. They have a 3rd string QB and 2nd string RB and WRs starting. Only way I can see them winning the game is if their defense and special teams score few TDs.

Yes, but the point is that with Ramsey at QB for Washington, the Commanders passing offense can fall into inconsitency themselves. The last time the Skins and Eagles played the game was low-scoring. My point is that if the Eagles D can contain Portis, which is possible with Trotter and Dawkins, then the chances of the win swinging towards the Eagles' favor greatly increase.

Remeber, this is a home game for Philly also, which is good, given that Washington plays inconsistently on the troad. And yes, the Eagles offense is bad but you never know what can happen when guys put it all on the line for one last game. The Eagles have a chance to play more loosely and fluidly than Washington, given that the pressure to win solely falls on Washington.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankly, I'm counting more on the Falcons than the Eagles.

twa

Reaction score
The key from what I have seen is the rookie QB not giving the game away,the eagles D is not playing badly considering the number of picks for TD's the kid gives up.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Sarge said:
Frankly, I'm counting more on the Falcons than the Eagles.

Myself. To honest, I'd like to see the 'skins lose just to knock them out of the playoffs.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The Eagles' offense is in terrible shape but their defense is mostly in tact. Ramsey is still the same QB who had a 0.0 rating against us two years ago. If the Eagles can stuff the run, I think their defense can cause Washington some problems and make this a game.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
did anybody see the Eagles play against AZ last weekend?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Somebody get Phoenix-Talon on the horn and tell him that we need his insight regarding this last game between the Foreskins and his Eagles.

It would make me feel better to hear some confidence coming from him as well. I think the Eagles can win this one. I really do.

But it sure would be nice to hear it coming from him. :)

Hoov

Reaction score
i watched the second half of that eagles - arizona game.

arizona defense gave the offense a physical beating. everytime mcmahon threw a pass as soon as wr touched it they were getting nailed from behind by one or two defenders, no one could catch the ball like that.

partly i think cause the cards had a lead and new the eagles had to pass so they just had extra dbacks in, but also cause mcmahon seems to telegraph where he is going with his passes. If eagles dont run on Commanders, its going to be very tough, their best strategy is a heavy dose of run game and screens to go with a fired up defense playing last game at home

wileedog

Reaction score
Wheat said:
did anybody see the Eagles play against AZ last weekend?

Washington didn't play 'em much better before obliterating us.

But I'll be completely shocked if Philly wins this game.

Mansta54

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
Myself. To honest, I'd like to see the 'skins lose just to knock them out of the playoffs.

I want the Foreskins and us to be in because I want to somehow play them again.. Go Atlanta!!!!!

silver

Reaction score
i'll take whatever i can get at this point. it would be nice to play the skins again this season however carolina, ny, chicago or tampa would be just fine thanks

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:

Wouldnt there be some kind of poetic justice to that. Also us getting in while Wash loses out after sweeping us.

Is there a way we could add that to the ownership we have over them during the 14 out of 16(18) games we won over them LMAO

ravidubey

Reaction score
Philly or Atlanta can win if they play with pride, but Philly has no pride left so Dallas will just have to get lucky and hang their hopes on Atlanta.

cfujskins

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
The Eagles' offense is in terrible shape but their defense is mostly in tact. Ramsey is still the same QB who had a 0.0 rating against us two years ago. If the Eagles can stuff the run, I think their defense can cause Washington some problems and make this a game.

No, that was Tim Hasselbeck who had the 0 rating. As a Starter, Ramsey has NEVER had anywhere near a 0 rating. I'm personally looking forward to Ramsey using his cannon arm to throw the ball downfield this week. Hopefully we can build a huge lead and then get a look at Jason Campbell.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i dont know what it is but i just have a feeling that philly can win

i cant put my finger on it...but there is somethign that im holding on to

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Philly or Atlanta can win if they play with pride, but Philly has no pride left so Dallas will just have to get lucky and hang their hopes on Atlanta.

The only good things about Philly and their position is that Andy Reid will play to win and the 2nd and 3rd string players are playing for either a position on the Eagles team or to audition for a new team next year.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
cfujskins said:
No, that was Tim Hasselbeck who had the 0 rating. As a Starter, Ramsey has NEVER had anywhere near a 0 rating. I'm personally looking forward to Ramsey using his cannon arm to throw the ball downfield this week. Hopefully we can build a huge lead and then get a look at Jason Campbell.

personally, i'm hoping ramsey gets hit a few times early and goes into a shell as he is wont to do. that is is the book on the kid - and i hope it plays out chapter and verse...