Eagles v Pats Game thread *Merged*

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
The Patriot;1789923 said:
You guys should be one to talk about having a bad game. If I made a gameplan after the Bills game it would be to sit back and wait for Tony to throw an interception. But that's not the case. This was a mere psychological issue. The Eagles were pumped being 24pt under dogs and the Pats defense expected to sit back while the offense cruised. Hopefully they'll bounce back.

Yeah, that must have been why AJ Feely was picking apart your secondary :rolleyes:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
You guys should be one to talk about having a bad game. If I made a gameplan after the Bills game it would be to sit back and wait for Tony to throw an interception. But that's not the case. This was a mere psychological issue. The Eagles were pumped being 24pt under dogs and the Pats defense expected to sit back while the offense cruised. Hopefully they'll bounce back.

shoo fly, don't bother me.

lspain1

Reaction score

Patriot, you are tossing out red herrings. Madden was pointing out where your defense could be attacked all evening. Those weaknesses have been there all season but your offense has covered them up. The Eagles used a patient attack coupled with pressure to get to Brady. This wasn't a bad game by your team...it was a good game by the Eagles until Feeley made a key mistake. Moss actually dropped a couple tonight and he has been Brady's security blanket all season long. The Brady-Welker machine was in full swing and it almost wasn't emough.

I really hope we get another shot at your team. A nice blueprint was provided tonight and the Cowboys learned from our first meeting as well. You're here because you know we might see you again. We'll see.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What in the world is a Patriot fan hanging out in a Cowboy chat room? Don't the Patriots have their own chat room?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Teams did that after the Bills game. And Tony adjusted, throwing underneath more often.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
It basically comes down to this. You either have a third corner who can limit Welker's effectiveness or you don't. The Eagles didn't, but they almost succeeded anyways.

When healthy, we do.

Edit - Then again, they did put a linebacker on him somewhat often. So, who knows. :)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ozzu;1789945 said:
It basically comes down to this. You either have a third corner who can limit Welker's effectiveness or you don't. The Eagles didn't, but they almost succeeded anyways.

When healthy, we do.

Edit - Then again, they did put a linebacker on him somewhat often. So, who knows. :)

I hate Welker. Then again, I hate all white WRs and white Duke basketball players.

saphire1

Reaction score
its just like the bad cowboy games - pats still found a way to win w/ the weaknesses exposed and not their best offsensive game. i think thats what great teams are made of...

the defense was exposd tonight, but they steppd up when it matterd the most, regrdless of the late bad passes of the philly qb.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1789952 said:
So were the Patriots "exposed" tonight :laugh2:
They showed that Patrick Crayton was right about their defense. If you have a competent offense you can move the ball on them without expended much effort.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1789952 said:
So were the Patriots "exposed" tonight :laugh2:

No more than the Bears were "exposed" by the Dolphins in '85. They'll see this as a wakeup call and resume crushing opponents momentarily.

khiladi

Reaction score
This offensive performance had nothing to do with the Patriots having an off-night... The Eagles defense actually out-played the Patriots offense... They took away what the Patriots wanted to do...

And remember, Feeley spotted the Patriots 7 points in the beginning... and right after that, they marched right up the field and scored a TD...

the defense was exposd tonight, but they steppd up when it matterd the most, regardless of the late bad passes of the philly qb.
uh... that is not stepping up, but getting incredibly lucky... or it was a fix...

saphire1

Reaction score
khiladi;1789970 said:
uh... that is not stepping up, but getting incredibly lucky... or it was a fix...

either way, the defense did what theyre supposd to do - intercept those potential touchdown passes. lucky or not.

i didnt think newman(?) was just plain lucky when he interceptd campbell on the washington game. i thought it was a great play. i also think the same way when samuel got that ball. and also the last interception when philly was making a last-ditch effort to get into fg range.

khiladi

Reaction score
saphire1;1789983 said:
either way, the defense did what theyre supposd to do - intercept those potential touchdown passes. lucky or not.

i didnt think newman(?) was just plain lucky when he interceptd campbell on the washington game. i thought it was a great play. i also think the same way when samuel got that ball. and also the last interception when philly was making a last-ditch effort to get into fg range.

If a QB throws it right to the defense, that is incredibly lucky... especially when that very corner is playing deep off the man... He had absolutely no pressure on him.. he had the middle of the field wide-open, like he did all game...

The difference between Newman's interception and Asante's was different... besides the fact that Campbell was on the run, and under pressure, Newman had tro follow the receiver around...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbgun;1789968 said:
They'll see this as a wakeup call and resume crushing opponents momentarily.

I agree with the latter... not the former.

It wasnt a wakeup call. It was opposing team being effective.

The Patriot

Reaction score
lspain1;1789939 said:
Patriot, you are tossing out red herrings. Madden was pointing out where your defense could be attacked all evening. Those weaknesses have been there all season but your offense has covered them up. The Eagles used a patient attack coupled with pressure to get to Brady. This wasn't a bad game by your team...it was a good game by the Eagles until Feeley made a key mistake. Moss actually dropped a couple tonight and he has been Brady's security blanket all season long. The Brady-Welker machine was in full swing and it almost wasn't emough.

I really hope we get another shot at your team. A nice blueprint was provided tonight and the Cowboys learned from our first meeting as well. You're here because you know we might see you again. We'll see.
There is no such thing as a "blueprint" in football. Things change. Last year the Colts' "blueprint" was to run the football against them and we all know how that turned out. Our defense isn't as good as it used to be and Moss can be contained but don't think that the Pats can't make adjustments while their opponents can.