Eagles v Pats Game thread *Merged*

StylisticS

Reaction score
btw...this game nearly got 1000 posts. Is this the most posts for a Non-Cowboy game during the regular season on this board ever?:laugh2:

DT101

Reaction score
:disseags:

Even when COWBOYS fans are rooting for them, and basically all of America, the Eagles can't win.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Yep I said before the the Pats games Witten would be key because the LB core of the Pats is kind of slow and old.

To bad we had to many stupid false starts and holding calls and a few other stupid plays

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Listen to Costas trying to sugarcoat Favre's lack of success at Texas Stadium-"most of those losses happened early in his career against some truly great Dallas teams."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
watch the Pats really run up the score on teams now

the remaining teams on the Pat's schedule curse Andy Reid

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1789887 said:
Listen to Costas trying to sugarcoat Favre's lack of success at Texas Stadium-"most of those losses happened early in his career against some truly great Dallas teams."
well, he'll lose to another "great Dallas team"

BTW, I wonder what Costas would say about Favre's loss in 99 with Jason Garrett, Chris Warren and Raghib Ismail as our offensive threats?

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1789889 said:
watch the Pats really run up the score on teams now

the remaining teams on the Pat's schedule curse Andy Reid

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't blow the doors off of Pittsburgh just because everybody expects the Stealers to either beat them or give them a run. If Roethlisberger turns it over they'll get smoked.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1789891 said:
Same disdain for Buffalo?
I'm not sure what you're getting at but we beat Buffalo and if it was not for Romo's turnovers quite handily.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1789895 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't blow the doors off of Pittsburgh just because everybody expects the Stealers to either beat them or give them a run. If Roethlisberger turns it over they'll get smoked.
Wouldn't it be funny if the Dolphins or Jets beat them?

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
windward;1789894 said:
well, he'll lose to another "great Dallas team"

BTW, I wonder what Costas would say about Favre's loss in 99 with Jason Garrett, Chris Warren and Raghib Ismail as our offensive threats?

That was one of my proudest moments. Actually, I think Warren went out during the game too. That has to be one of the most humiliating regular season Favre moments. You could make a pretty long tape of Favre EffUps.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1789900 said:
That was one of my proudest moments. Actually, I think Warren went out during the game too. That has to be one of the most humiliating regular season Favre moments. You could make a pretty long tape of Favre EffUps.
I really love Teague's pick of Favre at the end as the Pack was driving for a potential winning score.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
windward;1789904 said:
I really love Teague's pick of Favre at the end as the Pack was driving for a potential winning score.

I love that game- I have that thing on tape :laugh2: Actually, I think I have all eight or nine of them on tape.

StylisticS

Reaction score
windward;1789898 said:
Wouldn't it be funny if the Dolphins or Jets beat them?
It would be gold if the Dolphins beat them. Simply gold. Like they defeated the 85 Bears.

But Pittsburgh should do what Philly did. Attack the middle with Miller. And they also have better receivers than Philly too.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
StylisticS;1789913 said:
It would be gold if the Dolphins beat them. Simply gold. Like they defeated the 85 Bears.

But Pittsburgh should do what Philly did. Attack the middle with Miller. And they also have better receivers than Philly too.
yep
Ward, Holmes, Miller, Washington>>>>>>>>>>Brown, Curtis Smith, Baskett.

The Patriot

Reaction score
StylisticS;1789913 said:

Miami beats us every year so don't hold your breath.

The Patriot

Reaction score
You guys should be one to talk about having a bad game. If I made a gameplan after the Bills game it would be to sit back and wait for Tony to throw an interception. But that's not the case. This was a mere psychological issue. The Eagles were pumped being 24pt under dogs and the Pats defense expected to sit back while the offense cruised. Hopefully they'll bounce back.

Reaction score
I believe Pittsburgh will blitz enough and pound the rock enough to beat New England... Now can they cover as well as the Eagles, I doubt it.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Patriot;1789923 said:
You guys should be one to talk about having a bad game. If I made a gameplan after the Bills game it would be to sit back and wait for Tony to throw an interception. But that's not the case. This was a mere psychological issue. The Eagles were pumped being 24pt under dogs and the Pats defense expected to sit back while the offense cruised. Hopefully they'll bounce back.
blah blah blah. Maybe you'll see us in the Super Bowl.