Eagles Writer Offers Fair & Analytical Evaluation in the Dak vs Wentz Debate

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yall argue about everything under the sun when it comes to these two qbs and their situations..

None of yall are competent enough to bring up the fact that Wentz is being coached by a borderline elite nfl coach..while dak has had nothing but incompetent idiots coaching him his entire career..coaching in the NFL equally as important as personnel..
DAMN! We are all incompetent!

leicafan

Reaction score
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...philadelphia-eagles-dallas-cowboys-comparison

Pretty fair comments overall from their fans too lol. It seems from this comment section that they are higher on Dak than I would think. Some even wanted him as their QB. Anyway, interesting analysis.

**Spoiler

Here’s his conclusion for those who aren’t into clicking links:

So Who’s Better?
Congratulations on making it this far (either for the diligence of your reading, or the speed of your scrolling). You’ve made it to the finale, where I tell you who I think is better.

I really don’t know. I hate to disappoint you, but I really don’t. I thought Dak was better by a hair before I started, and now that I’m done, I think Wentz might be better by a hair. Perhaps if I watched another 20 games, I’d flip back the other way.“

How dare you!!!!

Don't you know that in here the experts always want us to believe Dak is a horrible QB and much worse than Wince.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good QB's look better with a top OL, RB, WR. Both benefit from a really good OL. But we typically had the better receiver and rb even if you include ertz. The hard part in comparing QB's is also evaluating the guys around them. We've seen what happens when Dak doesn't have a stud receiver or if he can't hold the ball for neay 3 seconds.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Hes talking about AFTER they were hit by the injury bug.

Lane Johnson
Desean Jackson
Alshon Jeffrey
Jordan Howard
Jason Peters
Darren Sproles
Zach Ertz
Nelson Agholor

All missed time. When our offense suffers injuries, we lose to the Jets

And they lost to Miami ?

Neither team was good last year. Dallas was ragged on for winning their 1st 3 games last year against "lesser" talent. I see very little mention of Philthy's end of the season 4 wins in a row (other than the Cowboys laying down on Garrett) were against the NYG twice and the Deadskins. pppfffftttttt !

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And they lost to Miami ?

Neither team was good last year. Dallas was ragged on for winning their 1st 3 games last year against "lesser" talent. I see very little mention of Philthy's end of the season 4 wins in a row (other than the Cowboys laying down on Garrett) were against the NYG twice and the Deadskins. pppfffftttttt !
The Cowboys laying down on Garrett? :laugh:

You Dak stans say ANYTHING. A 9-17 LOSS is the Cowboys “laying down”?? :huh::huh:

How long have you been a fan of this team? Go back and watch the Cowboys vs Packers in 2010 if you want to see a team quit on its coach.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...philadelphia-eagles-dallas-cowboys-comparison

Pretty fair comments overall from their fans too lol. It seems from this comment section that they are higher on Dak than I would think. Some even wanted him as their QB. Anyway, interesting analysis.

**Spoiler

Here’s his conclusion for those who aren’t into clicking links:

So Who’s Better?
Congratulations on making it this far (either for the diligence of your reading, or the speed of your scrolling). You’ve made it to the finale, where I tell you who I think is better.

I really don’t know. I hate to disappoint you, but I really don’t. I thought Dak was better by a hair before I started, and now that I’m done, I think Wentz might be better by a hair. Perhaps if I watched another 20 games, I’d flip back the other way.“

That's there's any debate at all says more about the 2nd overall pick than the guy taken at the end of the 4th round.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excuses

1. the division wasnt “wrapped up”. They were win and in, during that matchup and the game was still close until the 4th

2. Who cares if they werent out at the same time? Wasnt Dak’s excuse for his poor play that Tyron missed games (2017)? Lane Johnson is probably their best OL.

3. “They still had the stats, even with Howard missing games”. Didnt the Cowboys have a solid running game with Alfred Morris during those games Zeke missed?

Like I said, this team goes to ****, when we suffer any type of injuries on the offensive side of the ball. And you all excuse Dak’s play because of it.

The Cowboys didn't miss the playoffs in 2019 due to the offense.

Of the top 5 defenses the Cowboys played other than the Patriots those teams didn't lose when they scored as many points as they scored against the Cowboys defense.

Jdenzo

Reaction score
Comparing the two without considering durability and the fact Philly gave up four premium picks isn't the right metrics IMO.

Agreed. And... Any argument that does not include Daks rushing ability and ability to find the endzone is pointless!

Aven8

Reaction score
I will say what Wentz did last season was impressive.

He literally had no weapons and still got the team to the playoffs.

But his durability is a huge red flag.

He can thank JG for that........

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hes talking about AFTER they were hit by the injury bug.

Lane Johnson
Desean Jackson
Alshon Jeffrey
Jordan Howard
Jason Peters
Darren Sproles
Zach Ertz
Nelson Agholor

Boo Hoo. Ertz missed one game and was the best TE in football for the other 15. His starting WR Jeffrey missed 6 games and the other starter Agholor missed 5.

That's normal for an NFL team, Wentz doesn't get a spot on Mount Rushmore for it.

And the Jets game was all of our OTs, WRs and CBs going out at once, that is a completely different.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Boo Hoo. Ertz missed one game and was the best TE in football for the other 15. His starting WR Jeffrey missed 6 games and the other starter Agholor missed 5.

That's normal for an NFL team, Wentz doesn't get a spot on Mount Rushmore for it.

And the Jets game was all of our OTs, WRs and CBs going out at once, that is a completely different.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Good QB's look better with a top OL, RB, WR. Both benefit from a really good OL. But we typically had the better receiver and rb even if you include ertz. The hard part in comparing QB's is also evaluating the guys around them. We've seen what happens when Dak doesn't have a stud receiver or if he can't hold the ball for neay 3 seconds.
what can wentz do when he doesn't have an elite reciver or has to throw within 3 seconds? wait, we know, he gets hit, he breaks, he is on the sideline.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
The Cowboys laying down on Garrett? :laugh:

You Dak stans say ANYTHING. A 9-17 LOSS is the Cowboys “laying down”?? :huh::huh:

How long have you been a fan of this team? Go back and watch the Cowboys vs Packers in 2010 if you want to see a team quit on its coach.

I've been a fan since 1966 WillieB. Not Dak fan. He played like ****. What makes you think I'm a Dak stan?

Why you asking how long I've been a fan? How long you been a fan?

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The Jet loss was just coaching stupidity.

Our WR Depth Chart/Health Status/Season Stats going into the game:
1 - Injured * sits after 3 plays
2 - Injured
3 - Injured Inactive
4 - Healthy - 3/3 26
5 - Healthy - 9/5 113 * Inactive
6 - Healthy - 1/0 0
7 - ST Player - Healthy - 0/0 0

Of our potential Healthy WR depth behind our injured starters, we chose to sit the guy with 4 times the yardage of all healthy others combined so far into the season. We chose him to sit over 2 players with 0 yards, 1 of whom is really just a ST player.

Garrett *so* deserved to be fired last year. He totally earned it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They also traded for that second overall pick. They gave up a 4th that they could have used on Dak Prescott, a top ten pick (close to where we took Zeke) and a #3 (Maliek Collins), a 2018 #2 (Conner Williams) and then a 2017 draft pick that was eventually used to select....

wait for it.....

Deshaun Watson.

Bwahaha! That must eat them alive!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I will say what Wentz did last season was impressive.

He literally had no weapons and still got the team to the playoffs.

But his durability is a huge red flag.

Eagles has weapons. Zach Ertz and Dallas Goodard. They also have Miles Sanders.