Twitter: Earl out here teasing us

J12B

Reaction score
After thinking about it more, a 3rd rounder for an aging Safety commanding top dollar isnt being given away. In fact- that's a steal considering the 49ers received a potential franchise quarterback for a 2nd rounder. Granted Thomas has proven himself and Garappolo has had minimal experience, but has played well consistently well.

Thomas should only be on this team for a 4th rounder.
Asking price is going down with each day that passes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's called negotiating.

Tim Cowlishaw said yesterday that he thought Earl Thomas would be a Cowboy by next week.

I think that's far too optimistic.

A lot of people seem to think it's going to happen.

I saw Bob Sturm say as much just the other day, and JJT predicted today that it would happen by week one as well.

I'm not saying anything definitively one way or the other, but I'm not ruling it out.

erod

Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think it's going to happen.

I saw Bob Sturm say as much just the other day, and JJT predicted today that it would happen by week one as well.

I'm not saying anything definitively one way or the other, but I'm not ruling it out.

I do think it's going to happen. I certainly hope so.

I just think next week was an odd prediction from Cowlishaw.

However, it's going to be a MASSIVE distraction for the Seattle camp, so maybe they do want it done beforehand.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think one thing being overlooked is Earl's impact on Seatlle's own picks. We all saw last season what one win can do to a team's draft position (Still bitter over Week 17 win over Phi). Whether Seattle admits it or calls it "retooling" or "rebuilding", it's in their best interest to improve their own 2019 draft stock. Earl can be the difference between a pick in the mid teens or a top 10. That, in my opinion, is more impactful than quibbling over 2019.2020 3rd/4th.
Wow I didn't think of it that way

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do think it's going to happen. I certainly hope so.

I just think next week was an odd prediction from Cowlishaw.

However, it's going to be a MASSIVE distraction for the Seattle camp, so maybe they do want it done beforehand.

Maybe he's just lining his prediction up with the first week of training camp? Or thereabouts anyway.

JJT predicted it would happen just prior to week one.

As for me? Flip a coin! I think it has every bit as much chance of happening as not.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Cowlishaw and JJT and Sturm are members of the... wait for it... media. Not exactly disproving Watkins' point.

DiResta

Reaction score
Welp, it was good while it lasted

crying.gif

Bowdown27

Reaction score
We all know Dallas and Seattle have talked. Likely will again. I doubt Seattle or Dallas representatives are going to come out and say yes we’ve been talking bout trading earl. Well let you know when the deal done.