Earl Thomas-Former Legion of Boom

Kilroy23

Reaction score
The chances of Thomas getting singed?

tenor.gif
I hope we end up hiring Dan Quinn. If so, I would say there’s about a 50% chance and I hope it happens.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How much? That's the key

That's always true, but few ever want to accept that fact.

They could do like Aldon, with increments of money as he passed milestones.

Thomas could have shown up at a game one Sunday and been our best S. It all comes down to whether he can keep harmful personal problems off the team, and whether he wants to.

With his career near the end, making good for Jerry is probably one of the best financial moves he has left available. Jerry can do a player a lot of good, particularly someone who wants to retire in Texas.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Just gauging interest here.
What about Sherman? He is still playing pretty well. We know he fits the system. If we sign him, we would not necessarily have to draft a CB early, which would be nice.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's always true, but few ever want to accept that fact.

They could do like Aldon, with increments of money as he passed milestones.

Thomas could have shown up at a game one Sunday and been our best S. It all comes down to whether he can keep harmful personal problems off the team, and whether he wants to.

With his career near the end, making good for Jerry is probably one of the best financial moves he has left available. Jerry can do a player a lot of good, particularly someone who wants to retire in Texas.

His locker room personality much like anthony brown all hinges on money. Gotta be low enough we can cut him without batting an eyelash if he dips a pinkie toe into trouble of any kind. But also incentive laden like you said.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I've always found it strange that people get upset about players that drink cough medicine mixed with grape soda but don't bat an eye at all these opiates these guys take constantly.
That's has to be a hell of a hangover.....

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Lord no...just no no no no no heck no..naw...NO!!!! NO!!!

Mikemcm

Reaction score
If we can get somebody good to pair with Wilson and get Caleb Farley or Patrick Surtain our Secondary could be really good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I kinda expect us to sign him.

I would be more shocked if we didn’t. He’ll be cheap and I’m sure they Cowboys have been “monitoring” him this offseason.

They’ll claim they have a bunch of inside information or whatever.

I don’t think they would do it until after the draft though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His locker room personality much like anthony brown all hinges on money. Gotta be low enough we can cut him without batting an eyelash if he dips a pinkie toe into trouble of any kind. But also incentive laden like you said.

I hadn't heard negatives on Brown. He should be happy getting paid what he has, because he's looking overpaid right now, though there's a decent chance a lot of that was due to poor coaching. At 4.25mil, he's basically a presigned typical offseason veteran free agent DB signing, and eligible to be cut w/o shedding a tear, though I think he has more in him than a 4.25mil DB.

Thomas, he seems above all to want to make money. Pay him almost exclusively in gameday checks. It's not that complicated. If he wants the money, he behaves. It doesn't have to be *low*, it has to be *not guaranteed*. Ever. Gameday checks.

We should have learned from Purple Drank that you don't front money to guys with personal issues, even though it that prevents you from pushing cap into the future. That's just another price of doing business with these guys. Accept it and pay it, or no deal.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Has been working out in Austin and could be had cheap.

Didn't like the choice, but if it works...
How would Earl Thomas used?

He used to be a good Free Safety when he was young, but at his age and wear and tear, he gets burned one too many times. He no longer has the speed or quickness he used to have. There is no need to sign him as a strong safety or safety in the box, because we already have a young and motivated Donovan Wilson to play that role. We certainly don't want to bring in a soon to be 32 year old and hurt our young strong safeties growth just to please an old has been.

BIG PASS.

rags

Reaction score
There's a reason no other team has signed him.

I pass.