Earl Thomas kicked out practice for fighting

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There was a thread started and then was removed that had a tweet from Adam Schefter that said the ravens were either going to release Thomas or try to trade him and the Cowboys were the prime team. This was my answer to that.

Schefter forgets that Jerry also got rid of a player that sucker punched a team mate, so just because safety may be a weakness for the Cowboys doesn't mean Jones will tolerate a player that punches team mates. If Jones didn't sign him before he punched a team mate what makes anyone think he will after he did it. I would think that the rumors that Thomas had some looker room problems in Seattle had some weight in his decision not to sign him and now punching won't help that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more.

So do you actually live in Baltimore? Not joking, I’ve always wanted to know if the crabby patties are all that or is it just hype?
Yes I live in the City. I am not a crab fan but my wife told me the crabs we get are from other states like North Carolina and Louisiana. The Chesapeake Bay is were our crabs are at and the crabbers sell them to the highest bidder outside the state. If you happen to come to Maryland go to Annapolis, they sell great crab cakes and seafood.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
depends on how badly other teams want him and his willingness to come here.

Dallas is where he wanted to be all along and there likely is not a big contract offer coming from anyone this late and after he hit a teammate. He will have to take the 1 year cheap deal and that’s right up Dallas’ alley. This is a no brainer move. Under Garrett, they would have screwed it up but I doubt they do now.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Under. This has been a love affair waiting to happen. They only gotta iron out the details. Should be very incentive laden considering.

I would do that in a heartbeat, but ET may still get a good sized contract that isn't all incentives. Lets see what the market is for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I can't lie...I wish Dallas had made a serious run at ET. They haven't had his kinda fire or attitude on defense in decades. The whole tenor of the team would be different with him in the locker room.

Oh well...I'm sure this will blow over as just another camp altercation. The Ravens are loaded and should be tough to beat (as usual).

Lol at how some of you a player equate losing control of his emotions as a “good thing”. Lol. As if that somehow magically makes hem a great player.

I am sure Dez is passionately playing Madden as we speak.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I read it as: 'Ravens terminate Earl Thomas' and was like, damn that must have been some fight.

slick325

Reaction score
Lol at how some of you a player equate losing control of his emotions as a “good thing”. Lol. As if that somehow magically makes hem a great player.

I am sure Dez is passionately playing Madden as we speak.

Did he lose control at Texas? What about all the years in Seattle? So he has always been a problem guy now?

Guess I missed that about him all these years. All this time he has been T.O. or Dennis Rodman. The teams and his agent have done a great job hiding the fact that he is a bad teammate and locker room guy.

Verdict

Reaction score
Did he lose control at Texas? What about all the years in Seattle? So he has always been a problem guy now?

Guess I missed that about him all these years. All this time he has been T.O. or Dennis Rodman. The teams and his agent have done a great job hiding the fact that he is a bad teammate and locker room guy.

What he did before is not relevant to this discussion. Getting out of control is not a good thing. It’s not “passion”. It is generally a sign of being weak minded.

slick325

Reaction score
What he did before is not relevant to this discussion. Getting out of control is not a good thing. It’s not “passion”. It is generally a sign of being weak minded.

Ok...we'll agree to disagree Verdict.

Fights in camp happen all the time...just not among the same position group. So...in no way do I condone ET's behavior.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ok...we'll agree to disagree Verdict.

Fights in camp happen all the time...just not among the same position group. So...in no way do I condone ET's behavior.

Besides the fact that they chose to keep Chuck Clark (who?) instead of Thomas, it would take you 10 seconds to find this info:

The Ravens' "Leadership Council," a group of players recognized as team leaders, made it clear that they do not want Thomas around.

Obviously this isn't just about a camp fight.