News: Earl Thomas may not play?

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Show me where Wilson is SOOOOOOOOO great

you guys are all on your knees for this overrated chump

You mean Superbowl winning, probowl quarterback Russell Wilson ?
Well yes my analogy stands in relation to our current QB i think.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Seahawks probably wanted to

A: See if they could put a good season together and

B: Not trade him to the team he hand picked and have him start for that team in Seattle’s home opener.

This could just be them waiting for option A to pass while making sure he doesn’t get injured for so he still has his trade value.

There had better be no thoughts of offering that second round pick any longer. The price has to come down, significantly

Pants

Reaction score
Then there’s this ....

UPDATE, 8:21 p.m.: Dallas Cowboys COO/Executive VP/Director of player personnel Stephen Jones said the organization was not currently involved in any trade talks with any NFL team.

"No we're not," Jones told 105.3 KRLD-FM The Fan after being asked if the Cowboys were having any current trade conversations.

"Not exchanging any calls or any information at this point, and just totally focused on going to play the Seahawks."
that coy little SOB could already have the deal signed as noted by others...thus, he isn't technically fibbing....

some have mentioned Lewis as part of a deal - I hope not, I like that kid's ability, but if they do ship him to seattle for ET, then the draft pick I WOULD HOPE is not also a 2nd rounder

BigD_95

Reaction score
There had better be no thoughts of offering that second round pick any longer. The price has to come down, significantly

Seattle has no reason to trade him for anything less than a 2nd.

They get a 3rd if he signs elsewhere after the season. So why not keep him if you are not improving on that pick?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First of all, a 2019 third round pick is more valuable than the 2020 end of the third round pick they might get.

They get a 3rd if he signs elsewhere after the season.

Secondly, there's no guarantee that they'll get any such pick. They're conditional. If the rebuilding Seahawks make any significant signings of their own, they don't get that pick.

So why not keep him if you are not improving on that pick?

For the reasons I mentioned above. There's no guarantee they get anything.

lk8701

Reaction score

They get a 3rd if he signs elsewhere after the season. So why not keep him if you are not improving on that pick?

Trading Earl will help them tank for a higher draft pick. They are already 0-2.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to play for the Seahawks on Sunday when you're traded to the Cowboys on Saturday.

Bump it.

fist-outline-png-7.png

cristglo

Reaction score
First of all, a 2019 third round pick is more valuable than the 2020 end of the third round pick they might get.

Secondly, there's no guarantee that they'll get any such pick. They're conditional. If the rebuilding Seahawks make any significant signings of their own, they don't get that pick.

For the reasons I mentioned above. There's no guarantee they get anything.
You know How many times does this have to be stated till posters realize this
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Jipper

Reaction score
Hard to play for the Seahawks on Sunday when you're traded to the Cowboys on Saturday.

Bump it.

fist-outline-png-7.png

I hate to say it as I've been against the trade...but this one smells fishy to me....wonder if they had a handshake agreement that they just wanted to get past our matchup before formalizing the trade....

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
that coy little SOB could already have the deal signed as noted by others...thus, he isn't technically fibbing....

some have mentioned Lewis as part of a deal - I hope not, I like that kid's ability, but if they do ship him to seattle for ET, then the draft pick I WOULD HOPE is not also a 2nd rounder

That will piss me off and be a clear win for a team that has no leverage.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
id lay money on the table Kris Richard has this in the bag people....you watch and see ET will be a cowboy

Reactions: CWR

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I remember a certain
Then there’s this ....

UPDATE, 8:21 p.m.: Dallas Cowboys COO/Executive VP/Director of player personnel Stephen Jones said the organization was not currently involved in any trade talks with any NFL team.

"No we're not," Jones told 105.3 KRLD-FM The Fan after being asked if the Cowboys were having any current trade conversations.

"Not exchanging any calls or any information at this point, and just totally focused on going to play the Seahawks."

Also remember a certain baseball player in court, pointing saying he has never done drugs in his life and several weeks later he had done drugs. So cant believe everything being said. Heck 2 drafts ago they said they were not looking to trade Orlando Scan. and they were trying to trade him.

erod

Reaction score
So, if he plays next week...
He did not look "world beater" against Chicago. Maybe the coaches saw him putting in minimal effort and mentioned his lackadaisical play, which led to him pouting. Then, both the coaching staff and Thomas mutually agreed that on this Sunday it would not be good for him to be on the field.
Possible. Several different scenarios could be in play.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This doesn't really mean anything, but for what it's worth:

CWR

Reaction score
JJ done got him some **********. ET is coming baby, wayyyy toooo much smoke not to have a fire!

Now please tell me we didnt give them Jordan Lewis as well.

EDIT: didnt realize we filtered out the GLORY blank word, but ok.

jnday

Reaction score
We dont have a free safety. Legitimate passing teams will light this secondary up on the back end.
From what we know about the team this year, the defensive secondary is not a problem. Finally the defense is the strength of the team because the offense is non-existent. Dak is not a good QB now and he is not going to improve much at all. There is not a TE on the roster that is starting quality. The WRs are also below average, but Dak is not accurate enough to even give them a chance at catching a pass over 5 yards. The entire offense is a mess and there will be several games lost because of it.