News: Earl Thomas may not play?

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
I called you out months ago which is why you now have your profile locked! But whatever, man.

Franchising an already disgruntled player? That’s good strategy? You want a full on locker room boil-over? Because that’s where this is heading.
My "profile locked"? It's not though, is it?

And you're calling the Seahawks GM and fans delusional?

Garrettop

Reaction score
Apparently Thomas was skipping practices and may get fined. He's definitely making himself a drag on the team.

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s actually playing and starting and Seattle is considering a significant fine for conduct detrimental to the team.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If that's what they're asking, it's clear they plan on franchising him for the next two seasons after this one, because if not, they would've taken the 2nd rounder+scraps since they aren't re signing him long term and it doesn't appear the Seahawks are any sort of playoff contender right now.

Guess we gotta wait 3 years for ET :(
You guys aren't franchising a player that is as unstable to your org as ET is. It would be shocking.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why should Seattle budge when they awarded ET a huge deal that was elites when he signed it? Just because Eric Berry signed a huge deal last year, per new circumstances.

That’s basically reneging on a contract you made in good faith. ET talking trash about how he’ll take this personally next year is funny to me.

If I was representing the organization, I’d laugh at him an fine him to the extent I was allowed for conduct detrimental to the team.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Apparently Thomas was skipping practices and may get fined. He's definitely making himself a drag on the team.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Seahawks are considering a "significant fine" for FS Earl Thomas after missing two practices this week.

The issue is they will get a 4th round compensatory pick if leaves in FA, so they aren't getting a whole lot by taking a 3rd for him.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Seahawks are considering a "significant fine" for FS Earl Thomas after missing two practices this week.

The issue is they will get a 4th round compensatory pick if leaves in FA, so they aren't getting a whole lot by taking a 3rd for him.
The compensatory pick is two years away and will come at the end of the round even if it is a 3rd. And considering the massive headache Earl is causing them right now, a 3rd after being three [soon-to-be] winless weeks into the season seems like a pretty good deal.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
After watching Carroll and ET today, this all looks like a smoke screen.