Earl Thomas or Mike Iupati?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheSport78;3311953 said:
Agreed. Those are good points. It was nice to see some great athleticism in Free and Kosier last year. While I would definitely pick Thomas over Iupati, we need a draft an interior lineman somewhere early in the draft to develop this year, so he's ready to take over for Kosier in 2011, especially if Brewster will be working exclusively at RT.

Agreed and for me Pouncey seems like a better fit at the LG position. He is basically a better Max Unger but I doubt we have a shot at Pouncey unless we target him with our 1st pick.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
CATCH17;3311957 said:
Agreed and for me Pouncey seems like a better fit at the LG position. He is basically a better Max Unger but I doubt we have a shot at Pouncey unless we target him with our 1st pick.

I'm a Pouncey supporter as well but like you said, he won't be available with our second round pick. I doubt Rodger Saffold would be there either but who knows. We've been linked to Mitch Petrus so he could be on our radar in the 3rd or 4th round. Maybe a guy like Marshall Newhouse could slide inside as well, he's a name I've heard quite a bit around here. I'd love Saffold, Petrus or Newhouse somewhere in the draft.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This is would be a brutal decision either way. However, I just think a playmaking safety is such a difference maker that it trumps a quality interior lineman. Now if there were evidence that Iaputi could swing out to tackle and become a solid OT than it would be a no brainer the other way. However, I don't think the big Samoan has the feet to play tackle, so I would go Thomas and then John Jerry, Fox, or Ducasse later on.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This is would be a brutal decision to have to make either way as both these guys should be very good players in the NFL. However, I just think a playmaking safety is such a difference maker that it trumps a quality interior lineman. Now if there were evidence that Iaputi could swing out to tackle and become a solid OT than it would be a no brainer the other way. However, I don't think the big Samoan has the feet to play tackle, so I would go Thomas and then John Jerry, Fox, or Ducasse later on.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
DraftCountdown

I doubt either will be there at #27. Thomas addresses the bigger need though. RT @boldin69: Mike Iupati or Earl Thomas for Dallas?