Earl Thomas status?

ghst187

Reaction score
Everyone around here seems to be putting him on their wish list but I haven't seen anything to indicate that he's definitely coming out. And I suspect that he will stay at UT for another season. Has anyone heard anything to suggest that he's coming out? I'm sure he'd be a first round pick but I think he'll stay another year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What a perfect fit he would be for us.

He is one dynamic dude in the secondary.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3202189 said:
What a perfect fit he would be for us.

He is one dynamic dude in the secondary.

I would love to have Earl Thomas. As a Longhorns fan I hate to see him go.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I posted an article a while back with Thomas quoted as saying he is now seriously considering the draft. Most of these guys don't say anything until after their bowl games so IMO that is the reason we haven't heard anything.

I expect his announcement Thursday night or Friday, same thing with Alabama's Rolando McClain.

The Realist

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3202457 said:
I posted an article a while back with Thomas quoted as saying he is now seriously considering the draft. Most of these guys don't say anything until after their bowl games so IMO that is the reason we haven't heard anything.

I expect his announcement Thursday night or Friday, same thing with Alabama's Rolando McClain.

Thomas is the one guy I would move up for.

He would complete this D.

He would be like adding Ed Reed or Darren Sharper to our defense.

It's one thing to have a stout D that is hard to move the ball and score on.

It's a whole different level of D when you can be top 10 in takeaways and actually score on D.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If he were to fall into the 20s, then I'd consider a trade. And I'd almost be willing to sacrifice 2011 picks, before 2010 picks to be honest.

Bigdog

Reaction score
the more I read about this guy the more I like and of course that means he will not fall to us. I did see that FootballFuture mock draft has him falling to us which I would be surprise. I wanted Darrel Revis when he came out and the Jets got him 8 spots earlier. Oh well. Here's hoping luck comes our way with this kid.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
The Realist;3202465 said:
Thomas is the one guy I would move up for.

He would complete this D.

He would be like adding Ed Reed or Darren Sharper to our defense.

It's one thing to have a stout D that is hard to move the ball and score on.

It's a whole different level of D when you can be top 10 in takeaways and actually score on D.

Sorry, Thomas while I am a Horns fan is the 2nd best DB in the Draft, Berry or no moving up.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3203135 said:
Sorry, Thomas while I am a Horns fan is the 2nd best DB in the Draft, Berry or no moving up.

There's no shot in hell we get Berry.

He's a top 5 pick. We're at pick 32

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Both are ball hawks, but Berry's career 18 tackles for loss and 3 sacks vs Thomas' 7.5 tackles for loss and 0 sacks say otherwise.

Berry's the complete package but either way I doubt we draft Berry or Thomas, both would take the D to a new level

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3203866 said:
Both are ball hawks, but Berry's career 18 tackles for loss and 3 sacks vs Thomas' 7.5 tackles for loss and 0 sacks say otherwise.

Berry's the complete package but either way I doubt we draft Berry or Thomas, both would take the D to a new level

What does it say? to me it says they are used differently. Believe me, if Muschamp wanted to use Thomas on the blitz or LOS he would. Instead, Thomas is the center fielder.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Realist;3203322 said:
I don't think there is that much difference between the two.

Berry might be a more solid tackler in the NFL but Thomas is superior in coverage and has very rare range.

For the Cowboys i'd say Thomas > Berry.

The Realist

Reaction score
CATCH17;3204363 said:
Berry might be a more solid tackler in the NFL but Thomas is superior in coverage and has very rare range.

For the Cowboys i'd say Thomas > Berry.

Which is why I've said over and over he's the only player I'd move up for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Realist;3204369 said:
Which is why I've said over and over he's the only player I'd move up for.

Id move up for McClain too.

He just fits what we do here.

Big, fast, strong, and physical. Plays at a high level too.

Even Spikes would do well here because he just seems dynamic as well and Phillips can plug guys like him in no problem. Dont think i'd move up very far for him though.

I would move up for Joe Haden as well. I think he is the best corner to come out in awhile but he'll be a top 10 pick most likely.

I'd also probably move up for Anthony Davis or possibly Okung if he slips.