Earl Thomas trade scenario

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
When our safety play is clearly garbage, lets return to the thread and cross check the complainers with the current smart remarks.
Let’s!!:)

We’ll teach those kids a lesson they won’t soon forget!!

Wood

Reaction score
Why not make the trade now. Offer a 3rd round pick that has the capability of becoming a 2nd round pick (conditional).

Base the conditional considerations around team peformance. It could geared towards if the Dallas gets to the super bowl, team wins, defense rankings.

Also could be considered on Earl Thomas peformance or games played. Personally I could take the hit if the team aspect was the condition.

I might be alone on this but I don't think Earl is currently on the market. I just don't get sense Seattle is ready to deal. Seattle is getting comp pick for him once he leaves and last thing Seattle wants to do is set precedence for players requesting trade because they don't feel they are making enough money.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Why not make the trade now. Offer a 3rd round pick that has the capability of becoming a 2nd round pick (conditional).

Base the conditional considerations around team peformance. It could geared towards if the Dallas gets to the super bowl, team wins, defense rankings.

Also could be considered on Earl Thomas peformance or games played. Personally I could take the hit if the team aspect was the condition.

Oh my good god, are we still writing threads about ET!!!

DHCBF66

Reaction score

No room for a big salary under the cap.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Groundhog day
Every. Time.
hf46urT.gif

I see.
7KSWwMR.gif

A new let's trade for Earl Thomas thread.
dSn0DYu.gif

Verdict

Reaction score
Ain’t gonna happen. If Earl is traded it’s gonna be to someone else. Seattle isn’t taking anything less than a 2nd and we’ve already rejected that offer.

I don't think anyone is biting for a second rounder. No one is willing to give that for him.

Seattle would be better off taking a third for him and saving the cap room. We would be better off passing on him. So there ya go.

Verdict

Reaction score
If other teams are not interested we shouldn't be eaither.

kevm3

Reaction score
This team isnt one or two players away from a championship team. Makes no sense to give away a pick that will be needed in the future and a load of money for a player at the back end of his career.

If we never make any moves, we will never be anywhere near one or two players away. That second rounder will likely take 2 or 3 years or more to develop. I'd rather give that up and get one of the best safeties in the league to help guide this young secondary