Earl Thomas trade scenario

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Ain’t gonna happen. If Earl is traded it’s gonna be to someone else. Seattle isn’t taking anything less than a 2nd and we’ve already rejected that offer.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They were offered a 3rd the Cowboys would not give a 2nd this is where the issue lies. I've stated before I would give a 3rd in 2019 and a 3rd in 2020.
If SEA would take that the trade would be done.
A 2nd on draft day is worth a 1st in 2019 in terms of value.
2 future 3rds would have been like offering them 2 4ths this year and they didn't return the call when we offered out 3rd....

The thread is goofy because nothing is changed or will change until SEA decides to lower the price.
They think they can outblink DAL but this is McClay not Jerry and jersey sales dont matter to McClay.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If you all don’t like this Earl thread I will start another next Tuesday and it will be so different.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Nothing says start of the weekend like an Earl Thomas trade thread. At this point I think he's going to sit out the season then walk and the Cowboys will sign him and the Seahawks will get their third rounder.

Flamma

Reaction score
You get pieces like Thomas or Brackens when you think you're ready to make a solid run at a championship. I do not think they believe they can. At least not this year. That's probably why they're not making these moves.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Personally I don’t care but people who want him have to realize he is a me me me player. I don’t care because we have dealt with plenty of players like him on our team. He is a upgrade.

He would've been a huge upgrade in the past, no doubt. I question how much of one he'll be once he gets his big money extension, 8+ years into his career and approaching 30. He knows he won't get another big deal 3-4 years from now, so what's his motivation then? He seems like he's already making "business decisions", so to think he won't make more of them $20 million and 2 years down the road is probably wishful thinking.

I'm not interested in rewarding him for what he did as a Seahawk or overpaying for a guy whose best years are behind him. Seeing as he's still sitting on his couch in Seattle, I'm not the only person with that point of view.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nothing says start of the weekend like an Earl Thomas trade thread. At this point I think he's going to sit out the season then walk and the Cowboys will sign him and the Seahawks will get their third rounder.

He can't "sit out the season then walk" because he won't be a free agent in that scenario. He has to give them at least 6 games to earn a year of service and free agency.

Batman1980

Reaction score
You get pieces like Thomas or Brackens when you think you're ready to make a solid run at a championship. I do not think they believe they can. At least not this year. That's probably why they're not making these moves.

Frederick is a massive blow, even if Joe Looney is serviceable he will be a huge downgrade.

RamziD

Reaction score
There’s speculation that SEA doesn’t want to trade him until after we play week 3, but then they’d probably accept our offer for a 3rd.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I didn't think we made the trade, not how the title would be worded if we had.

garyv

Reaction score
Rock solid, like working at the post office.
I wouldn't bank.on it....especicially in another bad season. If they have a winning record no issue but keep missing the playoffs this you can put in your bank account the fans and the local media will pull him down so far that Jerry and Steven will subside to the pressure. He better start making the playoffs.

Batman1980

Reaction score
They might do nothing...let him leave and take a 3rd Round comp pick.....

Well I meant I wouldn't give more than a 4th once the season starts but yeah that seems to be the route they're taking. Punishing him by taking away a season of his career and then letting him leave.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hey we got Jerron Johnson. He's a former Seahawk and he is now wearing Earl's number 29. You won't notice a difference!

garyv

Reaction score
There’s speculation that SEA doesn’t want to trade him until after we play week 3, but then they’d probably accept our offer for a 3rd.
Who speculated this I've seen nothing regarding this......quote the source ?

tunahelper

Reaction score
If you all don’t like this Earl thread I will start another next Tuesday and it will be so different.

When our safety play is clearly garbage, lets return to the thread and cross check the complainers with the current smart remarks.