Early Game Thread

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Lawrence has been practicing since oct. Im sure hes gotten more practice snaps then manziel this yr. Hoyer has gotten most if not all the snaps all yr.

Making assumptions does not work. The fact is Johnny is making big mistakes. The fact is Johnny has had way more practice time than DeMarcus. You cannot refute either of that. Stop trying to stir the pot and using Lawrence as your axe to grind.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Making assumptions does not work. The fact is Johnny is making big mistakes. The fact is Johnny has had way more practice time than DeMarcus. You cannot refute either of that. Stop trying to stir the pot and using Lawrence as your axe to grind.

talk about making assumptions.

joseephuss

Reaction score

The comparison should be to Zack Martin anyway. That is who Dallas chose instead of Manziel. Some even said it was Ellis-Moss all over again, but since Martin is playing so well another Cowboy player had to be brought up as a comparison.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The comparison should be to Zack Martin anyway. That is who Dallas chose instead of Manziel. Some even said it was Ellis-Moss all over again, but since Martin is playing so well another Cowboy player had to be brought up as a comparison.

There is no comparison in players but in fans train of thought.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Shocking. A rookie looking like a rookie. lol

I'm seen Rookies look better. IMO, this kid's problem is his ego. He's making decisions on the field based on how good he THINKS he is. Either eventually he will settle down and become serviceable when he realizes exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are in this league and how best to serve his team with better decision-making or he's going to suck forever. I predict the latter. But I also admit I'm full of Aggie hate. :) :) :)

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Lawrence has not had the much practice time especially compared to Johnny. IMO he has shown some flashes as well. I think people were expecting way too much for a rookie coming back from an injury that caused him to miss half the season.

He's decent against the run but not what I hoped for rushing the passer. Which is why he was drafted.
Thats not the debate. Everyone loves the Martin pick. This is about how posters want to call manziel a bust while going soft on Lawrence. When both are rookies merely getting their feet wet. If Lawrence just needs time, the same line of thinking should be had fo manziel

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So the RG3 play wasn't a TD?

How was it not a safety for New York?

It has to be something. Can't just be nothing for either team.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a fumble through the end zone, which is a touchback (not a safety).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish the Browns suckitude could all be blamed on Manziel, but the defense started off the game letting the Bengals have their way. They've been running all over that defense.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Tripplet is as awful as it gets. You watch a game of his and something is bound to go wrong.

He took that one guys eye out with a flag back around 2000.

Didn't the guy try chasing him down? ended his career if I remember correctly.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wrong end zone. Whether the Giants recover it or it goes out of bounds it's a touchback.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's the weather like in Buffalo? I just looked at Rogers' stats and they are horrible. 8 out of 24? That is brutal.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't the guy try chasing him down? ended his career if I remember correctly.

Nah, the guy came back and played for the Ravens for a few years.

However, the NFL did change the way they throw flags now. They're no longer directed or targeted. They're tossed in the air.