Early Game Thread

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What was Tenn thinking going for the 2 point conversion instead of sending the game to OT?

I thought their defenses played really well in the 2nd half of the game, no way am I putting the whole game on a 50/50 play, especially when my defense is my strongest unit.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wouldn't have gone for two either, but my bigger issue is passing after the penalty moved the ball to the 1 yard line. I'd much rather take my chances with Mariota and Henry or Lewis running an option play from there.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going for it was a terrific call. Why they didn't run it from the 1-yard line I do not understand.

Overtime is at best a 50-50 proposition. One play from the 2-yard line is also about a 50-50 proposition. From the 1-yard line, it's even better. The Chargers D was exhausted and you were running all over them in the second half. Go for it and run the ball.

Pants

Reaction score
lol, whoopsie, an early game across the pond...

blueblood70

Reaction score
What was Tenn thinking going for the 2 point conversion instead of sending the game to OT?

I thought their defenses played really well in the 2nd half of the game, no way am I putting the whole game on a 50/50 play.
DUMB! I started thread on this already..

blueblood70

Reaction score
:facepalm:

1. This is an "early game" thread.
2. It was created 3 minutes BEFORE yours about going for two.
I meant my comments were on my thread..i added dumb as the decision to go for two not your thread

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Browns, Panthers, Jets, and Ravens...let's win today, boys.

Pants

Reaction score
Browns, Panthers, Jets, and Ravens...let's win today, boys.
must be the brilliant minds thing, except you left off the patriots - hard to cheer for them, but they are playing duh bears

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tennesee going for 2 twice in a row was dumb
Sorry, but this makes no sense. You can argue against going for 2 the first time. But you obviously go for it the second time when you're getting the ball at the 1-yard line.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I originally picked the Commanders but considering how banged up they are I'm waffling on this game. I will be seriously pissed if the Cowboys win. 4-3 means they'll win too many games to get a high draft pick or probably any changes in management/coaching, and they still won't be anything resembling a true contender any time soon. The win would be a meaningless feel good moment that leads to nothing good in January.

Damn it.

Cowboys 24
Commanders 19

Hail or Fail. Your choice today.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I originally picked the Commanders but considering how banged up they are I'm waffling on this game. I will be seriously pissed if the Cowboys win. 4-3 means they'll win too many games to get a high draft pick or probably any changes in management/coaching, and they still won't be anything resembling a true contender any time soon. The win would be a meaningless feel good moment that leads to nothing good in January.

Damn it.

Cowboys 24
Commanders 19

Hail or Fail. Your choice today.

Dallas 24 Was 10

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I wouldn't have gone for two either, but my bigger issue is passing after the penalty moved the ball to the 1 yard line. I'd much rather take my chances with Mariota and Henry or Lewis running an option play from there.
Yeah, that was Linehan-level playcalling inside the 5 yard line there.