Early games thread

TheHerd

Reaction score
Brady easy MVP. I know it's the Falcons, but he's gonna have 8 TDs today.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Idk. I would rather the kickers be less involved in the outcome of games. Personally.
You’re allowed to disagree.

I just think it’s stupid to make kickers even more consequential to the outcome of games.
I disagree with that wholeheartedly. The game is called FOOTBALL for a reason. In fact I've been a strong proponent of eliminating ties from the NFL with, if the score remains tied at the end of OT, a kicker FG kick-off of increasing FG length, where loser of the OT coin toss gets to choose either whether they want to kick first or the side they want to kick on. The other team makes the other decision. The winner of this FG kick-off is awarded three points for the kickoff and a full win of the game, and the loser is awarded the full loss. NO MORE TIES.

I'm a strong proponent of special teams being an important third phase of the game that shouldn't be nerfed or discounted.

Kickers are a very important part of the NFL football game and rightfully so. The game is called football, not throwball for a very good reason.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Is he calling them, or is he allowing Dak to make the decision?
Could be - I saw that thread about him getting greedy - but that's why you have coaches to reel him in. I kept saying this in the game day thread - I kept wondering why they going long - they needed more ball control - now if that was Daks doing then why didn't Moore say anything - we saw it in real time and recognized it...and that been 2-3 games now.

Its sort of like Parcells getting a bit of that gunslinger out of Romo - I always wonder what kind of QB Tony would have been if he had Parcells for most of his career.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I disagree with that wholeheartedly. The game is called FOOTBALL for a reason. In fact I've been a strong proponent of eliminating ties from the NFL with, if the score remains tied at the end of OT, a kicker FG kick-off of increasing FG length, where loser of the OT coin toss gets to choose either whether they want to kick first or the side they want to kick on. The other team makes the other decision. The winner of this FG kick-off is awarded three points for the kickoff and a full win of the game, and the loser is awarded the full loss. NO MORE TIES.

I'm a strong proponent of special teams being an important third phase of the game that shouldn't be nerfed or discounted.

Yeah. That all Sounds absolutely horrible.

Football was also named football like over 100 years ago lol. So who cares

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jets are so pathetic. No progress whatsoever.

Suppose it was way too much to ask for Chicago and/or Atlanta to have shown up today.

That staff is about out of time in Chi town.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Kickers are a very important part of the NFL football game and rightfully so. The game is called football, not throwball for a very good reason.
While we're at it, the NBA can settle ties with a game of H-O-R-S-E. :muttley:

Creeper

Reaction score

Suppose it was way too much to ask for Chicago and/or Atlanta to have shown up today.

I don't know how you get better when you trade away your first round drafted players.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
While we're at it, the NBA can settle ties with a game of H-O-R-S-E. :muttley:
The NBA doesn't have ties. They play on until there is a winner. Which I would agree with in the NFL but the NFL doesn't want that because of the NFLPA being concerned about player snaps getting too high and player safety. So I proposed a solution that would be safe and not lead to injuries and also prevent stupid dumb ties.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I will participate to this extent....

"Football" is a really dumb name for this game but it doesnt come close to being something I ever think about.

The kickers are probably too big a part of the outcome considering how much effort goes into all else.

Ozone22

Reaction score

The bears look really bad it is going to take a miracle for them to win today.

blueblood70

Reaction score

well when an owner and GM trades away all their players , this is what you get.,jerry pays his guys and then gets flack from fans when those players dont live up to their deals..its caych 22

say all you want about the Jones' they pay money to their stars and they have been drafting better..as much as this fan base gets down on the FO and coaches , the jets fans would have loved to be 8-8. 6--10 i mean we finished 6-10 with 3rd string team last year..they wont get that this year with their starters...

reality check..as bad as it seems with the 25year narrative we are still winning team..relative yearly.