Early Games Thread

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys would never be in a dog fight with the Jags or Lions to begin with lol....the two worst teams in the league lol. You cant be serious right now. There was no dog fight did you watch the Lions game? Where was the dog fight at?

The Giants just beat the number one seed in the AFC East on the road. And no I didn’t watch the Lions game I saw parts of it on redzone. Philly had a sizable lead and the Lions made a game of it in the end. Regardless Philly hung on. You can’t take anyone light in the NFL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
NFL is a year to year league. So much parity. Playoff teams can lose a few guys in the off season and not make the playoffs the next. Team that was close to playoffs can add a guy or 2 and make a deep playoff run. We really need to wait 1/4 into the season before proclaiming anything.

This is so true. There is generally a 50% turnover in playoff teams from year to year. The weird thing is that the Cowboys, by virtue of having as much talent as they have, should be in the playoffs every year.. but some crappy luck has always seemed to cost them just enough games not to get there every other year. It always seems to be something at the worst possible time.. Let's pray that Tyron was our offering to the football gods this year and we stay healthy the rest of the way..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
These were dog fights and Washington and Philly found a way to win. The Giants were in a dogfight and beat the number one seed in the AFC East on the road. Go back and see how many of these type of games the Cowboys have won. Lol If they don’t play well tonight they’ll be in the basement in the NFC East.

Last year's Chargers game comes to mind. Dallas also outplayed the Bucs for most of last year's opener but Greg Zuerlein blew it by missing a FG and a PAT. Let's not get too reactionary after 1/17th of a season is played. Half the teams lose their opener, it's not a death knell for the season (well, the Colts and Texans tied today, but you understand). Remember the 2021 Panthers started 3-0. How did that work out for them?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Burks did pretty well in his place for his first game. 3 receptions for 55 yards - 18.3 avg
Yes but not good enough evidently. Can't lose a guy like Brown and not see a drop off - Tannehill isn't Brady, he needs weapons.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'm in three survivors leagues.
Picked Titans, 49ers and Ravens.
Down to one.

I have Cincy, Baltimore, NO, SF, Denver, Indy. 3 of them out. Could have easily lost NO.

Cincy and Indy probably didn't deserve a chance to win but they should have in OT. Cincy twice lol. Been a wacky NFL week 1.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
have to say I’m pretty surprised KC did as well without Hill, really thought they’d miss him a lot more and they still may but Hill had a nice day in Miami too.

Mahomes and that offense is a machine. And Andy Reid is leading the way. I knew they would keep rolling. Kelce is still there and is pretty much a WR.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The limited padded TC practice model is turning NFL week 1 into Upset week like the NCAA..lol

or the NFC east is alive..

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I won't even sit here and lie and say i'm focusing on the line as much as you are but from my vantage point they were getting pressure with 4 and he'd bail out with his legs and get some yards. This mostly happened in the 2nd half.
We good. Their line is the real deal. Their QB is not. We will kick their ***** when we play.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Mahomes and that offense is a machine. And Andy Reid is leading the way. I knew they would keep rolling. Kelce is still there and is pretty much a WR.

Mahomes is good, there will be games he misses Hill though...hill is a talent and we dont know what the Cards really are

beacamdim

Reaction score
Everyone played DOGS today lol. Let's put some context in there. Lions and Jags stink until proven otherwise. A loss tonight means nothing just like a win for those teams mean nothing. Eagles showed the same weaknesses today they had last year. They didn't answer any questions today.

Giants didn’t have either of their top two edge rushers today - Thibodeaux and Ojulari.

Sound like you are making excuses already and the cowboys haven’t even kicked off.

be secure enough to acknowledge when a rival performs well, and to have confidence in the Boys.

beacamdim

Reaction score
As an aside, it is simply amazing to me that Sterling Sheperd even played - let alone as well as he did - nine months after blowing out his Achilles.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
What are the chances that the division goes undefeated in week 1?
A year makes a huge difference in the NFL. In 2021 the Cowboy's division was called the "NFC Least." Could those four teams as a group go from worst to first division wise in one short year? It just might happen. But, of course, one week does not make a season but it is a start.