Early Games Thread

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
have to say I’m pretty surprised KC did as well without Hill, really thought they’d miss him a lot more and they still may but Hill had a nice day in Miami too.

Andy Reid has made chicken salad for decades without a WR in Philadelphia. He was in “hold my beer” mode the second contract negotiations broke down

Reactions: CWR

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Giants just beat the number one seed in the AFC East on the road. And no I didn’t watch the Lions game I saw parts of it on redzone. Philly had a sizable lead and the Lions made a game of it in the end. Regardless Philly hung on. You can’t take anyone light in the NFL.
I thought the Colts were the favorite in Titan's division this year, but your point still stands, seeing that they were tied by Houston
:muttley:

First few weeks of the season can be whacky, regardless.
And "Any given Sunday" applies all around the league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last year's Chargers game comes to mind. Dallas also outplayed the Bucs for most of last year's opener but Greg Zuerlein blew it by missing a FG and a PAT. Let's not get too reactionary after 1/17th of a season is played. Half the teams lose their opener, it's not a death knell for the season (well, the Colts and Texans tied today, but you understand). Remember the 2021 Panthers started 3-0. How did that work out for them?

We found a way to lose to Tampa in the opener last year. We had the game in the bag but our defense couldn’t make a stop. A ton of penalties beat the Chargers last year and a sack that wasn’t really a sack. We’ll see if the Cowboys show up with energy and are ready to play tonight. The NFC East is currently 3-0. They’ll be a lot of very angry fans if we lose tonight.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Last year's Chargers game comes to mind. Dallas also outplayed the Bucs for most of last year's opener but Greg Zuerlein blew it by missing a FG and a PAT. Let's not get too reactionary after 1/17th of a season is played. Half the teams lose their opener, it's not a death knell for the season (well, the Colts and Texans tied today, but you understand). Remember the 2021 Panthers started 3-0. How did that work out for them?
Well, there was a tie today, so not quite "half". :laugh:

Swagger

Reaction score
Nothing in the NFCE was too surprising.

Titans had no passing game without AJ Brown and Saquon is finally back, so its an understandable close game. Jags are better but still were the #1 pick last year, and whatever you think of Wentz hes a clear upgrade over Heineke. Eagles beat the Lions with a strong running offense and AJ going bananas but had a leaky defense.

Dallas could lose ugly and still look about as good as the other three
Agree

Swagger

Reaction score
I'd give the most impressive in Week 1 awards so far to the
  • Bills
  • Chiefs
  • Vikings
Agree. Vikings went under my radar because of Cousins. If they had an elite QB they would arguably be the favourites in the NFC

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Giants didn’t have either of their top two edge rushers today - Thibodeaux and Ojulari.

Sound like you are making excuses already and the cowboys haven’t even kicked off.

be secure enough to acknowledge when a rival performs well, and to have confidence in the Boys.
I don’t know or care what you’re talking about. Those teams played dogs today. The end. Call it what you want.