Early mock

therock1982

Reaction score
im gonna be bold and predict we end up with a winning record here

1-Courtland Sutton-wr-smu
And cowboys fans groan every where,another offensive player taken in round 1 when all cowboys nation know we need help on defense,but Shiny new toys sell jerseys in jerrys world.
Twill departs in free agency and 6ft4 sutton provides an end zone target for the newly entrenched starter at qb and given dez bryants injury propensity the last couple of seasons the birth of the new triplets is upon us -dak-zeke-courtland.
I struggled not taking jamal adams here

2-TJ Watt-de-wisconsin
Well we already have 1 Watt running wild in texas,so here the cowboys address a major need and grab a very raw passrusher,Watt is only in his 2nd season as a pass rusher since switching from te,but any question marks are answered by watching the tape from last week,i had been leaning towards dauwane smoot here,but watt gets the nod.

3-Armani Watts-safety-texas a+m
secondary help arrives,Since i passed on adams in round 1 i get us a physical safety here to pair with lord byron,dont be mistaken though,Watts can make plays on the ball aswell but 126 tackles last year for the aggies provide us with a nice safety pairing here.and with both barry church and jj wilcox both out of contract at the end of the season then saftey becomes a need even if we resign one them.

4-ed paris-cb-lsu
Mo claiborne has been a revelation so far this season,but can he stay healthy for the year?Anthony brown has flashed when he has seen the field but i expect either mo or carr to be gone come seasons end,We will keep one of them but need a starter to pair with them,step forward ed paris who has the size coveted these days standing 6'1,great strength in coverage and a fierce competitor and has palyed in every game from his sophmore season till present.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont think you see a WR in round 1 unless a guy like JuJu slips. They are going to go BPA and this WR class is kinda weak. Its a deep DE class and I could see a DE whom they rated higher being there

roughneck266

Reaction score
There comes a time when the status quo will start losing fans. I believe we are there. If this team doesn't start looking for some serious difference makers on this defense. We have got to start building it at some point, and I believe the offense is now at a point with the talent that we have acquired, that we can let it ride for at least a year. We haven't even used some of these toys in the box yet (Escobar..).
I also think we need to take a serious look at our current methods for evaluating defensive players. There have been too many mistakes in this department. I can understand taking the chance on our second pick this year, but finding out this late in the game that one of our other picks has PARS defect is unforgivable. This is simply a sign of not doing your due diligence.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not a fan of this mock sir.

I do like Watts, I just like the other A&M safety a whole lot more.

Have to watch Sutton more but 1st round seems early for him.

TJ is either a too-light DE or a stiff LB. I think he has to get bigger and play DE.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Not a fan of this mock sir.

I do like Watts, I just like the other A&M safety a whole lot more.

Have to watch Sutton more but 1st round seems early for him.

TJ is either a too-light DE or a stiff LB. I think he has to get bigger and play DE.
I hear their is a chance A&M other safety Justin Evans could be a 1st round pick and is being called a better Karl Joseph. U seeing the same thing or just early season hype?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I hear their is a chance A&M other safety Justin Evans could be a 1st round pick and is being called a better Karl Joseph. U seeing the same thing or just early season hype?
There are some really good safety prospects this year...Evans, Jamal Adams at LSU, Jabril Peppers at Michigan, Budda Baker at Washington, Evan Berry at Tennessee, Tyree Robinson at Oregon, and my sleeper, Kyzir White at West Virginia.

CBS Sportsline currently has Evans as a 5th-6th round prospect. They are still sleeping on him.

RandyOh

Reaction score
There are some really good safety prospects this year...Evans, Jamal Adams at LSU, Jabril Peppers at Michigan, Budda Baker at Washington, Evan Berry at Tennessee, Tyree Robinson at Oregon, and my sleeper, Kyzir White at West Virginia.

CBS Sportsline currently has Evans as a 5th-6th round prospect. They are still sleeping on him.
Oh yea it would be a shame to not draft a safety this year at all. Their are even some decent late round box safety's that must enter draft because it's senior year.

I like SS out of UCONN Obi Melifonwu. He may be kam chancellor with more fluid hips Or Nate Gerry out of Nebraska but he may not be fast enough or have the short area burst to hang in the NFL as he is more of high motor try hard. Depends on his combine testing.

bodi

Reaction score
yea but do you think we actually draft one high - for some reason they love both Church an Wilcox

I will almost bet we don't even look at one

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Juju sucks, got shut down by two future CBs at Alabama. Won't get separation on the pros

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
for some reason they love both Church an Wilcox

Both are free agents. Church will be 29 and is too slow. The Front Office needs to do Barry like Hyde did...

100216_HYDE-STIFF_TB.jpg

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Juju sucks, got shut down by two future CBs at Alabama. Won't get separation on the pros

You are crazy. First off, the CB's are Alabama, Marlon Humphrey and Minkah Fitzpatrick, are both NFL high 1st round picks. Then you throw in one of the great DB coaches in football history, Nick Saban, versus dolt Clay Helton, and JuJu never had a shot that game. He was bracketed the whole game.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
You are crazy. First off, the CB's are Alabama, Marlon Humphrey and Minkah Fitzpatrick, are both NFL high 1st round picks. Then you throw in one of the great DB coaches in football history, Nick Saban, versus dolt Clay Helton, and JuJu never had a shot that game. He was bracketed the whole game.
Exactly my point. If you can't get separation against two future first round picks, you won't get separation against #1 NFL CBs.