Early thoughts about big game against Chiefs

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They lost the Super Bowl because Tampa figured out a defense that every team in the league now runs against them.

They have been virtually unstoppable since Mahomes stepped on the field for them.
They lost the Super Bowl because Mahomes is overrated. Mr. Hail Mary throw the ball up for grabs see what happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Chiefs and Mahomes look to be back on track. Arrowhead is one of the tougher places to play and their crowd can be hostile. We can ill afford to make any mistakes. I’m expecting a high scoring shootout. It may come down who can out gun who Dak or Mahomes. If the weather cooperates this could be a classic.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
This may sound simple, too simple in fact, but if we lock down Kelce and Hill at all cost........we can win this game. In other words, minimize the cheap/chunk plays. Make them earn everything they get.
Josh Gordon is due to be more involved. He is a talent that can't be overlooked. Hope he is planned for by Quinn.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They lost the Super Bowl because Mahomes is overrated. Mr. Hail Mary throw the ball up for grabs see what happens.

Rememeber when the big thing on this forum was "the defense has tape on him"...Maybe thats whats wrong with Mahomes...the league "has enough tape" on him..LOL

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Josh Gordon is due to be more involved. He is a talent that can't be overlooked. Hope he is planned for by Quinn.

You think Ried is worried about Gallup, or is he going to double Lamb...who covers Cooper and will they Bracket Schultz....how will they stop the run and cover those 4?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No DLaw or Gregory.......don't be surprised to see Parsons get more snaps at DE than usual.

jnday

Reaction score
This appears to be the first game were Dallas is not at least even or have the quarterback advantage. I think Dak will out play Mahomes and prove to the haters he is an elite quarterback. Finally a Sunday afternoon game that should meet the hype. This game is a true duel. Guns will be a blazing.
Considering the problems that the Chiefs have had this season, this is no longer the big game that it was when the schedule came out. Beating KC is not the accomplishment that it would have been in the last two seasons. Nobody is going to prove their greatness against this version of the Chiefs. If Dallas is for real, they should easily win this game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Considering the problems that the Chiefs have had this season, this is no longer the big game that it was when the schedule came out. Beating KC is not the accomplishment that it would have been in the last two seasons. Nobody is going to prove their greatness against this version of the Chiefs. If Dallas is for real, they should easily win this game.
I disagree. They have won four games in a row, have the best quarterback in the NFL and have been to the Super Bowl the last two seasons. I would not be surprised if they represent the AFC again.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I agree...If the offense comes flat it will be a HUGE let down, If they come out and play to their ability, Mahomes dont have the horses to keep up. The defense will get TO's and honestly barring crzy sht...we should lead this bell to bell and win by a couple. Their defense is not good.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nice analysis!!

-Can our banged up DL generate a pass rush without of two starting DE's?
-Yes, our kicker can take the day off, unless it's to win the game. FG's won't get it done against an explosive offense like the Chiefs.
-With Clark/Jones now back and the addition of Ingram, they have a very good pass rush and might not need to blitz too often.
-I would really consider putting Collins in at LG if Tyron returns.
-Game is all about time of possession and finishing drives in the redzone with TD's.

- Not me,.. i'm more for putting my 2nd best OT, at RT. and have Steele handy as a swing tackle.
- And just as Collins has not had game rep at LT, he would gonna take some time re-learning the OG role.
And i've not heard latest updates or reports that Collins is still taking reps at OG in practice
I'm hoping Collins continues to play his way back to play shape and form at RT, and game- playing him is the only way to do this.

- Found it interesting that Philibin sub McGovern in at RG and C, ..instead of LG.
- For someone who the McClay scouts thought had a 2nd round grade on, he's continues to be an afterthought as a possible Williams replacement ?
- Steele did not have a Frank Clark or Melvin Ingram to go against with ATL,. with a loud buzzy Chiefs crowd.

- i think this game will be about who/which teams defense can and will make the crucial defensive stops, and momentum swinging plays and stops.
And who avoids the killer mistakes (ala turnovers, penalties)

- Chiefs will try to make us one dimensional - stop our run game, so they can peel off on Dak. vs pass rush.

- KC has probably the loudest stadium in the NFL - is there any other that competes with that ?

- Signature game opponent and importance is reminiscance of the Bucs season opening game
- except Mahomes is the best in NFL at scrambling, Matty Ice was an statue, Mahomes will not be. .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I disagree. They have won four games in a row, have the best quarterback in the NFL and have been to the Super Bowl the last two seasons. I would not be surprised if they represent the AFC again.

I would be shocked, unless they have an extreme upswing in defense, they will not be the AFC rep.

I get you see the uniform, look at the defensive numbers...their defense is not good.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Going to be an interesting game.....Chiefs are always tough at Arrowhead but I think the Cowboy offense can move the ball on their defense.

After watching the Chief game Sunday night, If the Cowboy defense comes to play I am seeing the opportunity for turnovers from Mahomes....we just cant get beat for chunk yards because Hill & Kelce can make this game a nightmare for the Boys.

I'm looking at a classic like the game against NE.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So if the Cowboys lose a road game against the team that represented the AFC in the Super Bowl, they are not for real. You sound like a tough father.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- Not me,.. i'm more for putting my 2nd best OT, at RT. and have Steele handy as a swing tackle.
- And just as Collins has not had game rep at LT, he would gonna take some time re-learning the OG role.
And i've not heard latest updates or reports that Collins is still taking reps at OG in practice
I'm hoping Collins continues to play his way back to play shape and form at RT, and game- playing him is the only way to do this.

- Found it interesting that Philibin sub McGovern in at RG and C, ..instead of LG.
- For someone who the McClay scouts thought had a 2nd round grade on, he's continues to be an afterthought as a possible Williams replacement ?
- Steele did not have a Frank Clark or Melvin Ingram to go against with ATL,. with a loud buzzy Chiefs crowd.

- i think this game will be about who/which teams defense can and will make the crucial defensive stops, and momentum swinging plays and stops.
And who avoids the killer mistakes (ala turnovers, penalties)

- Chiefs will try to make us one dimensional - stop our run game, so they can peel off on Dak. vs pass rush.

- KC has probably the loudest stadium in the NFL - is there any other that competes with that ?

- Signature game opponent and importance is reminiscance of the Bucs season opening game
- except Mahomes is the best in NFL at scrambling, Matty Ice was an statue, Mahomes will not be. .

-Think if they don't move Collins to LG, he probably heads to the bench, where Steele starts on the right side.
-Heard they feel McGovern's best position is at RG.
-Reid hates running the football
-Think Seattle is just as loud.

Reaction score
-Chiefs offense hasn't been the same this season, however they just came off their best offensive performance since the first month of the season. Now they are getting back Clyde-Edwards back and feel they are ready to go on a run. Probably the toughest test this defense has faced since Tampa opening night. Good challenge as we are going to have to face elite offenses down the road in the postseason. Noticed when you take away their big plays abilities, they get frustrated and take chances. Travis Kelce is Mahomes security blanket when he needs to make a play.

-Their defense was god awful for the majority of the year, but the last few weeks they started to get healthy and has be noticeably better. Their DC who was with the Giants during their Super Bowl runs, comes from the Jim Johnson Coaching Tree, point is, they are going to blitz a lot, do they have the secondary to hold up against our receivers?

-Arrowhead is one of the hardest places to travel. Excellent opportunity to prepare this team for future road postseason games in hostile environments. Win here, against a quality opponent, they will have the confidence to travel anywhere, even Green Bay if needed down the line.

This would be a quality win, better than any of the previous including New England.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rememeber when the big thing on this forum was "the defense has tape on him"...Maybe thats whats wrong with Mahomes...the league "has enough tape" on him..LOL
He’s a gunslinger. It’s a hit or miss. The media needs a lover boy because it’s no longer Aaron Rodgers. I can’t stand twinkle toes. You watch him run to the sideline like he’s got Aaron Rogers up his butt. Lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This would be a quality win, better than any of the previous including New England.
No I disagree. I think New England was the best one yet. Look at the win Streak they went on after us . Kansas city, is not a very good football team . Mahomes is not the greatest thing in the world anymore . Personally were the only ones that knew I kept saying he’ll come down to earth. It was the coaching the defense and his talent around him

kramskoi

Reaction score
This appears to be the first game were Dallas is not at least even or have the quarterback advantage. I think Dak will out play Mahomes and prove to the haters he is an elite quarterback. Finally a Sunday afternoon game that should meet the hype. This game is a true duel. Guns will be a blazing.
He could outplay Mahomes and the Cowboys could still lose (turnover differential and penalties). Prescott is playing at a high level right now. Higher than Mahomes to date. When you combine all the statistics that matter he is AT LEAST one of the top five quarterbacks after ten weeks. He is top of the DVOA (most value per play) after last week and second only to Brady in DYAR (total value). His QBR pulls him down a little but he is still top ten in that category as well (9th). He is certainly in the MVP conversation at present...along with Murray, Brady, Rodgers and possibly Stafford.

Whatever the "elite class" is this year, Prescott is in it...so far. There are few quarterbacks I would take over Prescott right now...Rodgers, Brady and "maybe" Murray (because he is too young). Stafford is still looking like he has a bit of gunslinger in him.

Last edited: