Eating crow on Jaylon & Lawrence today

McKDaddy

Reaction score
i agree they looked better today but there is no crow on the menu. its week 5 and the only reason they did anything outside their normal half *ss crap is because they were called out by the whole world. when they establish their good play as the norm, then let up on them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Jaylon as a whole played better, but he’s set the bar SO LOW that when he makes a play any average NFL should make some folks think he’s doing something special.

Nothing has changed. He’s still an absolute liability on the field and a player every OC should target weekly.

Lawerence has not been getting home but he’s still been getting pressure and making plays in the run game. That doesn’t count for some fans because it doesn’t register in the sack count.

Cmac

Reaction score
no..but til yesterday...HIS PLAY OR LACK OF, stuck out like a sore thumb. IT HAS BEEN WELL EARNED. He played much better yesterday. Gives him and the defense something to build on.
Are we holding Jaylon accountable for XWooten's bonehead comments/play? Or others' to build on?

aria

Reaction score
Jaylon or Lawrence didn’t even face one marquee player, not a single one. The Giants have the 2nd to last worst rated O line and most of their receivers would be back ups at best on the majority of NFL teams. How in the hell is anyone remotely thinking Dlaw or Jaylon somehow stepped up?

You guys do remember that the scrub back up swing tackle who we let walk was their starting right tackle? Ya know, that guy Flemming that no one missed, the same Flemming that ranked 78th out of 85 offensive tackles last year?

We were playing against the worst offense in the league. We only forced one turnover against Daniel Jones, whose average is 2.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but some people need to keep things in perspective. A lot of “y’all” “need to getchya head out the clouds” as Sir Charles Barkley would say.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Only one game, based against 4 others where he wasn't very good.

Either he's turned the corner, due to desire or change in scheme, or it was just a game against the worst offense in the league, which still had 20 first downs and made 70% of their third downs.

Well see how he does against the Cardinals...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jaylon as a whole played better, but he’s set the bar SO LOW that when he makes a play any average NFL should make some folks think he’s doing something special.

Nothing has changed. He’s still an absolute liability on the field and a player every OC should target weekly.

Lawerence has not been getting home but he’s still been getting pressure and making plays in the run game. That doesn’t count for some fans because it doesn’t register in the sack count.

when we see Cleveland running for 300 yards no one is going to get a pass on defense. This is not horse shoes were getting close counts. Fact is up until yesterday DLaw had done little. a guy who has been out of the league for 4 years right now looks to be the leader of this defense if we base it on play and intensity in Aldon Smith. I have nothing against DLaw but for a guy who talks a lot he has done little this year up until yesterday. Believe me when I say I would much rather heap praise on him and the rest of the defense as opposed to being critical of them but their play has been horrific, including DLaw

Rayman70

Reaction score
AND D Flaw STILL thinks his Hotboyz crap is a thing..lol.. wow...does he realize he hasn't done much in over 2 years? Someone send him a memo.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I give those guys a hard time more than nearly anyone here, but they both showed up in big ways today!
Jaylon Smith looked like a stud and so did DLaw it was easy to notice them. It ain't over yet. This isn't the point of the season to hand out awards. We are 2-3. We are just getting started. Its time to develop some consistency

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith looked like a stud and so did DLaw it was easy to notice them. It ain't over yet. This isn't the point of the season to hand out awards. We are 2-3. We are just getting started. Its time to develop some consistency
its easy to look good when your playing a garbage team. What will he look like against The cards? Lets reserve the pats on the back for the cards game and the results.