Eating crow on Jaylon & Lawrence today

Cmac

Reaction score
Pretty obvious Jaylon has been the defensive Fall Guy Nominee all year, and some getting immunity all the time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I give those guys a hard time more than nearly anyone here, but they both showed up in big ways today!

I think both played much better but to me that only matters if they continue to play as they did. You can't play this game every once in a while, these guys need to step up and show game in and game out.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I give those guys a hard time more than nearly anyone here, but they both showed up in big ways today!
Demarcus actually showed a little effort ....
I have not seen that guy since before he signed his contract!

Swagger

Reaction score
I have always liked Jaylon Smith. He just has a cool demeanor about him and he was balling yesterday.

aria

Reaction score
So no one wants to talk about how Jaylon and Lawrence predictably had a great game against literally the worst offense in the league? Some of us, including myself, called this before yesterday. Typical ove reaction.

We lose to a good team and the season is over. We look like All Pros against the worst offense in the league and people are willing to admit they were “wrong” about Jaylon and Lawrence?!

They hype train is starting to roll, it will be full steam ahead after we beat the likes of Washington, PHI, AZ, even Pitt but once we play a good team again these turds won’t lookmso shiny any more and we’ll see the usual overpaid threads (rightfully so).

Jerry loves some of you, wipe the kool aid off your lips,

aria

Reaction score
I have always liked Jaylon Smith. He just has a cool demeanor about him and he was balling yesterday.
Lol, balling against the 31st ranked O line in the league and the 32nd ranked worst offense (theres only 32 teams in the NFL) in the league?

Do any of you see what happened? We barely beat the WORST offense, the most turnover prone QB and the second to last ranked O Line in the league and some of you are heaping praise on these overpaid scrubs?!

Jerry has the same mentality, it’s why Naylon and Dlaw have these contracts and why we’ll never win significant games. I already bought some Kleenex for next time we play a good team and these chodes disappear.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Jaylon looked faster and more aware on the field today.

Jaylon did look like his reads were better but the level of competition was diminished significantly compared to say, Seattle.

I hope with LVE and Lee returning soon we can look a lot better. I Hope Hill is aight too.

Swagger

Reaction score
Lol, balling against the 31st ranked O line in the league and the 32nd ranked worst offense (theres only 32 teams in the NFL) in the league?

Do any of you see what happened? We barely beat the WORST offense, the most turnover prone QB and the second to last ranked O Line in the league and some of you are heaping praise on these overpaid scrubs?!

Jerry has the same mentality, it’s why Naylon and Dlaw have these contracts and why we’ll never win significant games. I already bought some Kleenex for next time we play a good team and these chodes disappear.
But he was balling though! :laugh:

He genuinely looked to have more zip and was making better reads.

aria

Reaction score
But he was balling though! :laugh:

He genuinely looked to have more zip and was making better reads.
Lol, balling against a starter that was our back up last year and someone who we let walk.

Geez.

Brax

Reaction score
They show up big against the bottom dweller offenses just like the O shows up big against the bottom dweller D’s, what a team Jerry has built. Go war daddy’s. I will with hold hope until I see it against a quality team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pretty obvious Jaylon has been the defensive Fall Guy Nominee all year, and some getting immunity all the time.
no..but til yesterday...HIS PLAY OR LACK OF, stuck out like a sore thumb. IT HAS BEEN WELL EARNED. He played much better yesterday. Gives him and the defense something to build on.

Mikejj24

Reaction score
I don't know if I would go that far. It appeared there was noticeably more urgency and effort which was sorely needed IMO. However, why does it have to get to this point for that to show up? You also have to take into account the opponent is a really bad 0-5 team and the defense gave up 21. I hear all the excuses for Tank year after year, and he is way too often hurt or hampered in some way. I watched Jaylon throughout the game and he still looked absolutely clueless at times. Still, there is a glimmer of hope, if they get a few more guys healthy etc. and the intensity continues to stay high.

Redline360

Reaction score
One game means nothing against one of the worst offenses in football. Tank usually does good against the giants.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
i really dont know what you guys saw tonight .

The GIANTS GOT TWO TD'S taken off the board . TWO !!!!

this defense was awful , against one of the worst offenses in the league .
And one of those was on special teams, not defense. I thought both that were called back were legit calls against the Giants.