Video: Eatman: Cowboys wanted to draft Sam Howell

shabazz

Reaction score
Breaking News who is Howell

he may be added to the list of no name quarterbacks that seem to shine against our team. This year we saw bums like the Texans Mills and Driskel have their best game against us and in the past we’ve guys like Colt McCoy have their only good games against us……..I won’t be surprise if this JAG goes ham on us

CapnB

Reaction score
They have had a few hits since I started following the draft

Dre Bly, Hakeem Nicks, Julius Peppers. But it’s pretty scarce

So scarce that I'm a tarheel and i literally forgot about every one of them. I had really high hopes for Bruce Carter.... see almost forgot, Greg Ellis was a good player

CapnB

Reaction score
These in-house guys are so dry and boring, I have a hard time watching them....

they are the only ones who know what's going on... nobody else besides maybe todd archer or Jane Slater has a clue. Those other people (espn fox sports nfl network) just make junk up as they go

cej757

Reaction score
If Broaddus said he is going to be a player, then he will be a bust.

Still remember him saying Joey Bosa was gonna be another Greg Ellis before that draft.
He got flamed on Twitter for that. :muttley:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
They have had a few hits since I started following the draft

Dre Bly, Hakeem Nicks, Julius Peppers. But it’s pretty scarce
Mack Hollins
Robert Quinn
Ebron
Javonte Williams
Gio Bernard
Cole Holcomb
C Heck
MJ Stuart
Dyami Brown
Michael Carter
Tomon Fox
Jalen Dalton

Prob some more I can't think of right now

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I've been saying for 4 years Sammy was going to be the next Drew Brees except with more running ability. However, I have been wrong about every UNC player since 1987
Howell is tough as they come. He can spin it also pretty well. I think he had a tendency to Dak it some and hold the ball too long. He doesn't look like a QB until he throws it. He is not fast but pretty effective as a runner. He doesn't have anything that screams NFL QB besides the fact he has a pretty good arm, is tough and confident. Sam had one of the largest likeness deals in college reportedly in the 4-5 million dollar range thanks to Bojangles and others.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
he may be added to the list of no name quarterbacks that seem to shine against our team. This year we saw bums like the Texans Mills and Driskel have their best game against us and in the past we’ve guys like Colt McCoy have their only good games against us……..I won’t be surprise if this JAG goes ham on us
I’ll never forget where I was when I watched that miraculous 74 yard performance from Jeff Driskel. No surprise his jersey is in Canton. I’m sure his bust is up next. Clown

Whyjerry

Reaction score
25:38 mark. Sounds like if he had fallen 11 more picks in the 5th round then we would have taken him instead of Waletzko. Broaddus is really bullish on Howell, says he’s going to be a player.

Nick and Brian are bottom of the pond analysts. Brian in particular is a buffoonish dumpster fire of opinions. That guy is never on point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Washington comes to play and the Cowboys don’t we’re losing. They’re the only team to beat Philly at full strength with Hurts. Washington will get physical and if you want to beat the Cowboys be physical.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
lol I love The Break. I watch it daily. Better than the other Cowboys podcasts IMO.

Carson

Reaction score
If Washington comes to play and the Cowboys don’t we’re losing. They’re the only team to beat Philly at full strength with Hurts. Washington will get physical and if you want to beat the Cowboys be physical.
Problem is, they are projected to pick around 14. A win pushes them to 18 and a loss they can drop down to 10.

Also, Gibson and Robinson likely are out. Allen is possibly out as well