Eddie Van Halen, rock guitar god, dead of throat cancer at 65

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have already a couple of articles that alluded to something like the family going through the "vault" at 5150 and possibly releasing stuff in the future. From what I have read/heard he had quite a bit of material in the vault, some was just him noodling and other was more complete songs. I am not only interested in audio but video as well, there just isn't a lot of live video from them circa inception until 1984 especially those first 2-3 years. I remember him saying at one time he had enough material in the vault to make a dozen solo albums.

That would be really cool. I would imagine they also have some old tracks recorded with Dave or Sammy that just did not make the records as well.

Could be cool if he has some finished tracks of songs but just did not have vocals on them if they could do some guest singers or something.

lukin2006

Reaction score
120823092_3524768837586650_7669413316870904618_o.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Jack White pays tribute on last week’s SNL with some of EVH’s signature fret tapping (at about the 2:40 mark).

“I won’t even insult the man’s talent by trying to play one of his songs tonight,” White said before the performance

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Behind the scenes with the opening act for VH in 2004.... You won't be disappointed!!

Wow, pretty good interview.
Pretty cruddy his band didn't get paid, was only allowed to sell so much merchandise and what little they sold VH took a cut of that. And btw for anyone reading is more to do with their management Irving Azoff{ i believe was their management at the time}than the guys in the band. He also says Edward and Alex tried to have them get paid and management said NO, How crappy.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
EVH blamed putting metal guitar picks in his mouth for his throat cancer, but I more strongly suspect his smoking. There's so much crap that gives people cancer. My best friend from grade school is in hospice care for cancer, and it *** sucks.

Stinking cancer had to rob us of one of our best ever guitar players.

jimmy40

Reaction score
EVH blamed putting metal guitar picks in his mouth for his throat cancer, but I more strongly suspect his smoking. There's so much crap that gives people cancer. My best friend from grade school is in hospice care for cancer, and it *** sucks.

Stinking cancer had to rob us of one of our best ever guitar players.
He just didn't want to admit the truth.