Edge

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been watching a lot of Dewaune Smoot and have been really impressed by this kid's motor and disruptive ability.

Illinois had him playing all across the line inside/out which is a bonus because the Cowboys like position flex.

I see him as a possible 2nd/3rd round prospect with the kind of player that could step-in immediately to the rotation giving high-output snaps in Marenelli's scheme.

Motor isn't a cliche draft term. If you watch Smoot in contrast to Charles Harris you'll see the dramatic difference in a player that chases down plays and one loafing around when the ball has past him.
Smoot with the Cowboys 2nd would be a good pick, IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, motor cannot be coached. You either have the want-to or don't. People can be motivated but will typically always regress to their baseline.
Yes, no questionable motor guys please. Pass rusher is the position where motor is most important, IMO.

Having said that, there have been college players that just weren't coached up to stay active to the very end of all plays. It's not a natural reaction for a DL to chase plays down field. They do need to be coached up to do it.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I like Harris too. Charlton, Barnett, Harris. I love Kpassagnon in round two, maybe after a trade down.

Looked at all these prospects and videos, it was fun to engage these edge prospects regardless of LDE/RDE fit on the NFL level.

Ignoring Garrett and Allen, I loved Soloman Thomas but like Barnett, Takk, Taco and Harris.

Lawson may have medical issues that will be checked at the combine.

Smoot, Tonah and Rivers seem to have some ability as well.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
von miller was said to loaf in college. coaching matters. I know we're not used to seeing it much in Dallas but it's actuallya real thing.

He could afford to loaf, his production was off the charts. 27 sacks and 38 TFL in last 2 seasons at A&M. Imagine what his numbers would have been if he took things more seriously.