Elliott can’t be gone from this team quickly enough

Lutonio

Reaction score
Zeke feels entitled. Sit him on the bench and roll with those who will try and give it their best.
It has to be done.
With his trade value likely being low and being cut from the team being impossible with his cap hit, sitting him is the best course. He only speaks money and ego, so the humiliation factor and least might spark his drive for next season when the team is hopefully healthy and put in an off-season of work with the new systems without COVID interfering.

superonyx

Reaction score
Guys, listen to superonyx, it’s not fair to Zeke unless he’s running behind five HOFers.
Yes listen to me.
The only problem is listening to me doesn’t end with hearing the garbage coming from your mouth.

Show me where I said anything not true.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
It all went downhill in 2015. After smartly letting Murray walk because they knew overpaying for a TB was a mistake, Jerry and Stephen showed a lack of football instincts and knowledge in 2015 when they convinced themselves what really was the issue in that lost season was not having a bellwether TB like Murray.

So they did a complete 180 and then used a high pick for Elliott. Then they compounded that idiotic move by handing him a huge contract when he held out. And this on top of all the off the field issues Elliott created for himself and the team.

What a completely horrendous line of decision making on the TB starting at the end of the 2015 season.
You're being too diplomatic, the brainfarts started at the end of 1994.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm not done with Zeke, but he's gotta play better and be part of the solution not the problem. He's still a young player in his prime and can rebound. It's just crazy how far behind the Cowboys get early and totally take him out of the game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes listen to me.
The only problem is listening to me doesn’t end with hearing the garbage coming from your mouth.

Show me where I said anything not true.

If Elliott's issue is that he doesn't have any good OL blocking for him, then that undercuts this idea that he's an elite, had to pay him $90MM TB. We should have never paid a TB that much money. It's a position that is largely dependent on 5 guys in front of him. He will go down as a waste of cap space when we look back years from now.

PS - It's not the OLs fault he's not as explosive as he was 4 years ago and fumbles terribly now.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have always been in Zekes corner, from the day he was drafted. I always thought he was the horse to make the offense go.....and he was for a few seasons. This is a different Zeke that we are seeing today, one who has made their payday and become complacent.

Zeke will never be confused with the upper echelon type players who have that desire to win with the fire in their belly. Some continue to strive to be the best and win at all costs, Zeke is the exact opposite. He will never take that next step and his play and actions on the field prove that.

I suspect that he is still toking, maybe even before the games. His attention span, lack of emotion and cognitive ability seems to be off. I hope that is the problem then he can be suspended and we move on as a team.

Whatever is going on, it is clear that he is just going through the motions at this point :thumbdown:

superonyx

Reaction score
If Elliott's issue is that he doesn't have any good OL blocking for him, then that undercuts this idea that he's an elite, had to pay him $90MM TB. We should have never paid a TB that much money. It's a position that is largely dependent on 5 guys in front of him. He will go down as a waste of cap space when we look back years from now.

PS - It's not the OLs fault he's not as explosive as he was 4 years ago and fumbles terribly now.
Hey Don’t blame me because you guys are just now figuring out that a part of Zekes success his rookie year was because of the offensive line. That’s on you not me.

If you expected the same production from Zeke with this line as 2016s line then you are the one with the problem. Not me.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'm so sick of seeing him wave himself out of the game every three or four plays. He's tired...just let him sit and make his fortune and then move on.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
the irony is we could trade him to any other team in the NFL and he would be an impact RB again...something about playing in Dallas does this to players

Reactions: CWR

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Zeke Elliott is symptomatic of the many disloyal and spoiled players that this sad FO has fostered in house. As soon as they're paid, they become hangers-on types and little more than proof of the lack of accountability and entitlement that's inherent within this franchise. Thanks, Jones family!
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

kumizi

Reaction score
Watch film from his rookie and 2nd year in the league

Legit like 2 different RBs and even personality’s on the sidelines... CRAZZYYY
He's had a reputation for being a party guy and with how much this ******* team made him a bellcow back while every other team was sharing carries, dude has lost all explosiveness. I'd be surprised if he ran under a 4.60 now.

aria

Reaction score
I'm not done with Zeke, but he's gotta play better and be part of the solution not the problem. He's still a young player in his prime and can rebound. It's just crazy how far behind the Cowboys get early and totally take him out of the game.
Lol, what do you want them to do, give the other team another TD? When your team is 14 points down and the other team is lighting you up every time you have the ball you can’t continue to run it.

He’s hardly in his prime, that ship sailed in 2016.

aria

Reaction score
the irony is we could trade him to any other team in the NFL and he would be an impact RB again...something about playing in Dallas does this to players
Not unless they had a top 5 O line he wouldn’t be, he doesn’t create many extra yards like most good RB’s.