Elliott showed his immaturity yesterday

Shuff

Reaction score
He quit on a few plays, he pouted on the sidelines and looks a tad overweight. It is simple, he either grows up, gets mad and pounds the ball the rest of the season or continues to show his immaturity. I am hoping it is not the later. He has a new life, knows his chances are good to play all year, now suck it up and do what you do best. Everybody has a bad day.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He quit on a few plays, he pouted on the sidelines and looks a tad overweight. It is simple, he either grows up, gets mad and pounds the ball the rest of the season or continues to show his immaturity. I am hoping it is not the later. He has a new life, knows his chances are good to play all year, now suck it up and do what you do best. Everybody has a bad day.

not sure how him looking fat shows immaturity. He is husky but the way he has big pads and a beard makes his face look fatter than it is.

I assume you mean he quit on the INT, he was 5-10 yards away so likely would not have caught him. That being said, I do contrast that with Dak who busted his *** to try and tackle Talib on a meaningless INT at the end of the game. I was very impressed with Dak's effort on that play.

agk136

Reaction score

I blame the coaching on any player giving up on a play. He needs to be disciplined by JG for his actions. This action by Zeke in giving up is not sending a signal to rest of the team.

Cmac

Reaction score
I blame the coaching on any player giving up on a play. He needs to be disciplined by JG for his actions. This action by Zeke in giving up is not sending a signal to rest of the team.

Let's see.....we hated Dez getting upset about the Detroit/Megatron game with Witten & Ware telling him to calm down with 12 seconds to go, when we saw 49 minutes and 48 seconds remaining from that defensive fiasco

We hated T.O for having passion....and bought in on the team obliterator label.

We laughed at T.O. for crying about his QB who failed to defend him one second or say thanks, then visited Cabo the next season or so.

Now Zeke.

What do we want?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke gave up? No Dez let a ball get through his hands and into the waiting hands of his defender. Zeke was too far behind the play to make a difference. Funny how the armchair QB's can psychoanalyze Zeke's demeanor on the sideline and say he was pouting or overwhelmed. Anyone that listened to his post game talk with reporters would know he was being far from immature or overwhelmed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He definitely looks overweight.

His "quitting" doesn't bother me though.

Yesterday was just a weird day and his reaction just seemed kind of natural.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Let's see.....we hated Dez getting upset about the Detroit/Megatron game with Witten & Ware telling him to calm down with 12 seconds to go, when we saw 49 minutes and 48 seconds remaining from that defensive fiasco

We laughed at T.O. for crying about his QB who failed to defend him one second or say thanks, then visited Cabo the next season or so.

Now Zeke.

What do we want?
Dez's passion has always impressed me and I've appreciated it since day one minus against the Lions where he coud have got us a penalty and cost us the game and the playoffs.

TO had passion but he was borderline bipolar and known to wreck locker rooms and team chemistry so I was always skeptical of him.

Zeke is just a mess all around minus his athletic talent which has benefited greatly from running behind the best O line in football. He has off the field issues (not even talking DV) and has always had some sort of controversy that he created, not the media or Mara. Last night showed an entire different side of him. I've always been critical of his off the field "personality" but last night was the "athlete" and I hated what I saw. I saw a cry baby quitter who wasn't emtionally involved in the game and let his teammates down. He wasn't a leader, he was a bum. He has literally almost always been the center of attemtion and on a winning team, the few times he hasn't been is shades of what we saw last night. Give me Dez, Witten, Dak...anyone who at least what they look like they're trying and want to be there.

Reaction score
Lol, yesterday? He showed his immaturity in college, in March, in texts, in night clubs and finally on the field.
Exactly.

He showed his immaturity on the field for the first time as a Cowboys. Off the field? A totally different story.

And yes, he needs to shed 5-10 pounds.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Now Zeke.

What do we want?
#81 wrecked several locker rooms.................

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke gave up? No Dez let a ball get through his hands and into the waiting hands of his defender. Zeke was too far behind the play to make a difference. Funny how the armchair QB's can psychoanalyze Zeke's demeanor on the sideline and say he was pouting or overwhelmed. Anyone that listened to his post game talk with reporters would know he was being far from immature or overwhelmed.

Dez spent most of yesterday playing cornerback.....I don't know what play you are referring to that he allowed for a defender to get the football....Dez saved Dak from getting at least two more interceptions.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You couldn't put this in the infinite number of Zeke threads? Stop grandstanding hater. I wish there was a dislike button for all these attention negatives

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dez spent most of yesterday playing cornerback.....I don't know what play you are referring to that he allowed for a defender to get the football....Dez saved Dak from getting at least two more interceptions.
I'm talking about the interception that everyone is complaining that Zeke quit on. That was Dez's fault 100%. It's not Dez's job to play CB... if he could get open he wouldn't have to be swatting balls away from the guy covering him. Dez complained he wasn't getting the ball. He says even when he's not open, he's open... well he ought to be more careful of what he asks for. Linehan told Dak to throw to Dak even if he looks covered so that's exactly what he did. Dez was not as he advertised himself to be.

Cowfan75

Reaction score

Now Zeke.

What do we want?

I liked T.O.'s passion. I loved it, actually. I want players to get emotional and get upset when they play terrible ball. I want coaches who get upset and discipline players who screw up. We haven't been passionate as a whole since the 90's.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
not sure how him looking fat shows immaturity. He is husky but the way he has big pads and a beard makes his face look fatter than it is.

I assume you mean he quit on the INT, he was 5-10 yards away so likely would not have caught him. That being said, I do contrast that with Dak who busted his *** to try and tackle Talib on a meaningless INT at the end of the game. I was very impressed with Dak's effort on that play.

Yeah, I'm not worried about Dak. He'll learn and grow from a bad day and will use it to get better. I would like to see Zeke do the same, but he has me worried. Maybe some of Dak will rub off on him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Anybody that has ever played football, at any level, knows you always chase the play. Even if the guy is 10 yards in front of you, you chase the play and don't stand there with your hands on your hips watching.

Why? Because what would have happened if the DB would have fumbled the ball when he got tackled? That is why you chase the play, you never know what could happen.

I am not going to say Zeke quit on the other plays because frankly I saw no holes for him to run through, but on that play he most surely quit. If I was the head coach, I would tell every player during film study that I better never see something like this again or everybody is running laps till they vomit.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Anybody that has ever played football, at any level, knows you always chase the play. Even if the guy is 10 yards in front of you, you chase the play and don't stand there with your hands on your hips watching.

Why? Because what would have happened if the DB would have fumbled the ball when he got tackled? That is why you chase the play, you never know what could happen.

I am not going to say Zeke quit on the other plays because frankly I saw no holes for him to run through, but on that play he most surely quit. If I was the head coach, I would tell every player during film study that I better never see something like this again or everybody is running laps till they vomit.
Exactomundo. Everyone always hustles to the whistle blows. Always

Proof

Reaction score

I’ve been meaning to mention that. That’s heart and pride. Dak really gave effort to stop that irrelevant insult to injury. I love it