Elliott's 5th year option

Flamma

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley for sure and maybe Bell. Barkley, without a doubt, is the most complete RB in the league. He has slightly better speed, better hands, 0 fumbles compared to Zeke’s six, ran behind a much worse O line, and has better moves. Zeke runs slightly better north and south but thats about it. Not to mention it seems like Barkley has more then air between his ears which is always an added bonus with some of these guys, especially recent Cowboys unfortunately.

You beat me to it. I was going to mention Barkley. I still think Zeke and Barkley are a level above the rest, but Barkley is on his own level.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
RB is one of the easiest position to fill bet there are more successful RBs than QB in this draft and you might not see a RB drafted until the second
Easiest positions to fill to what standard? Not Zeke's.

You are either saying Zeke is an average back, or Dak is a top 5 QB. I disagree with both, vehemently.

aria

Reaction score
You beat me to it. I was going to mention Barkley. I still think Zeke and Barkley are a level above the rest, but Barkley is on his own level.
Yeah, I personally think Barkley is better but I get people are going to always compare the two pretty much as 1,2 and 2,1 which is why it’s hilarious that the dude said “Zeke is the best in the league and it’s not even close”.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yeah, I personally think Barkley is better but I get people are going to always compare the two pretty much as 1,2 and 2,1 which is why it’s hilarious that the dude said “Zeke is the best in the league and it’s not even close”.
Barkley is the best RB in the league, I said that during the season. I also said Zeke was my favorite cause he's attitude n toughness...in a small way similar to why I liked Smith over Sanders (non bias of course).

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah even without Barkley there are still RBs somewhere close. Not many. But Barkley IMO is #1. We'll see how this plays out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't expect to see Zeke to take the field in a Cowboys uniform for that 5th year if an extension is not reached. I also think Rod Smith has shown us it takes more than a good OL to have a stout running game.

So Rod Smith is your evidence? Hardly proof of anything.

Zeke is a special back no doubt, but there are other backs in the league that could rush for 1500 yards behind a healthy Dallas line given 350 or more carries.

Personally if your going to pay the line, then I think a RB by committee where you save money at the RB position is the way to go. I simply cant see paying a RB some 15 million a year.

For my money, I let Zeke play out his 5 years then franchise him two more years if need be. In the meantime I draft a few backs in the 3rd and 4th rounds and hope to find some gems. If we happen to hit on one or two then I look to trade Zeke and get some return before having to pay him big money.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Easiest positions to fill to what standard? Not Zeke's.

You are either saying Zeke is an average back, or Dak is a top 5 QB. I disagree with both, vehemently.
Not saying either just that you can get darn good backs in the middle rounds some even in the same neighborhood as EE.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So Rod Smith is your evidence? Hardly proof of anything.

Zeke is a special back no doubt, but there are other backs in the league that could rush for 1500 yards behind a healthy Dallas line given 350 or more carries.

Personally if your going to pay the line, then I think a RB by committee where you save money at the RB position is the way to go. I simply cant see paying a RB some 15 million a year.

For my money, I let Zeke play out his 5 years then franchise him two more years if need be. In the meantime I draft a few backs in the 3rd and 4th rounds and hope to find some gems. If we happen to hit on one or two then I look to trade Zeke and get some return before having to pay him big money.
Can only draw evidence from the current roster. Hopefully they won't bring Smith back and pick up a good back, but that remains to be seen. I don't think Zeke will play that 5th year without a contract extension.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can only draw evidence from the current roster. Hopefully they won't bring Smith back and pick up a good back, but that remains to be seen. I don't think Zeke will play that 5th year without a contract extension.

Has he said anything thus far? I think it’s the franchise he will fight.