Ellis candid about Zimmer, journey back to Cowboys

Proof

Reaction score
Why do some wear rose colored glasses? I am just calling it as I saw it. As much as I hate the Squealers, without those two picks we lose that game more than likely. You can try and claim all you want, but those picks were NOT designed. O'Donnel was careless and maybe something else. It was the Super Bowl and a lot of QBs tend to not perform their best there. You of course completely ignore how the Squealers shut us down as regards the running game. THAT had been the bread and butter of the Cowboys championship teams. Anyone not realizing what a sign of decline that is is ether a fool or refusing to face reality.
i mean he avgd like 5 ypa with a sub 60 pct completion rate on nearly 50 passes. they limited our run game we stifled their passing game. its the superbowl, things are going to be taken away. but you can’t say “without the picks we probably lose” unless you’re going to say “if they didn’t play the run so tough we blow them out”

also to that point he had the lowest int pctg in the league.

and that’s also ignoring that dallas went up 13-0 before any interceptions, had an irvin td called back and steelers needed an onside to even keep up. also re: shutting down the run, they stuffed bam three straight plays to force a turnover on downs and emmitt punched in the game winner. dallas just won, pure and simple.

gtb1943

Reaction score
They did not shut them down. They played better later on, but did not shut them down.
And it is not rose colored glasses. But at least it is not blinders, as to never giving any credit when it is due.

I stand by what I said. Matter of fact SB XXX is on. right now on NFLN. I seen the first INT, and the 2nd one will happen soon.
As I said, Brown stayed where he was supposed to be to make those picks. It was something they seen on film and the Steelers tendencies.
SO O'Donnel screwed up, does not mean the Boys expected that to happen. And yes the Squealers shut down our O line on the running game. Which was not a surprise; the O line peaked out on Thanksgiving and after that you could see them getting tired. Nate admitted later that in the second half of the SB he was about gassed. Tui later admitted it as well. Donaldson was ancient by that point. Not sure why you do not want to admit the obvious. Over the years I have rolled my eyes a hundred times about the claims as regards Moss. A WR is not going to make up for all the other areas that were getting weaker.

gtb1943

Reaction score
i mean he avgd like 5 ypa with a sub 60 pct completion rate on nearly 50 passes. they limited our run game we stifled their passing game. its the superbowl, things are going to be taken away. but you can’t say “without the picks we probably lose” unless you’re going to say “if they didn’t play the run so tough we blow them out”

also to that point he had the lowest int pctg in the league.

and that’s also ignoring that dallas went up 13-0 before any interceptions, had an irvin td called back and steelers needed an onside to even keep up. also re: shutting down the run, they stuffed bam three straight plays to force a turnover on downs and emmitt punched in the game winner. dallas just won, pure and simple.
Compare this victory to the others. Think about it. This was the first SB where I was worried in the second half. You said it about O\Donnel; claiming that the picks were set up is kind of stupid. Those two turnovers were the difference in the game

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t hate the Ellis pick but choosing him over Moss was dumb, another JJ listening too much to the haters in media about character issues because of existing ones on the team or in the recent past during that time, instead of choosing the obvious BPA and need too. That’s why I always say never listen to the biased media for football decisions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SO O'Donnel screwed up, does not mean the Boys expected that to happen. And yes the Squealers shut down our O line on the running game. Which was not a surprise; the O line peaked out on Thanksgiving and after that you could see them getting tired. Nate admitted later that in the second half of the SB he was about gassed. Tui later admitted it as well. Donaldson was ancient by that point. Not sure why you do not want to admit the obvious. Over the years I have rolled my eyes a hundred times about the claims as regards Moss. A WR is not going to make up for all the other areas that were getting weaker.
I stand by what I say.

Just seen the 2nd INT. The blitz forced O'Donnell to throw the ball early, as it was supposed to do. There was miscommunication as well. Now was the WR to cut back inside to where the ball was thrown. As he ran by Brown. Or was O'Donnell was to throw it past Brown, over his head. If he did it was a TD for Pittsburgh. Instead Brown makes the pick.
But it WAS the BLITZ that caused that as well.

Not sure why you do not want to admit the obvious.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Ellis candid about Zimmer, journey back to Cowboys​

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ellis-candid-about-zimmer-journey-back-to-cowboys

FRISCO, Texas — Mike Zimmer and Ezekiel Elliott aren't the only ones reuniting with the Dallas Cowboys in 2024. Don't forget about Greg Ellis, the former eighth-overall pick turned Pro Bowl defensive lineman that has now scratched and clawed his way into an NFL coaching job and, apropos to his career arc, it's with the team that drafted him and the coordinator that coached him.

If there is anyone on the coaching staff in Dallas that can relate to what the incoming 2024 rookie class is feeling, particularly the top draft picks, it's Ellis.

That kind of empathy will go a long way in bringing along players like defensive end Marshawn Kneeland, whom Ellis will be directly responsible for developing.

Ellis_Greg-HS23

ASSISTANT DEFENSIVE LINE/QUALITY CONTROL​

GREG ELLIS​

Loved Ellis when he played here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why do some fans make excuses for Dallas winning? Answer, because they need to always see negatives, never positives.

Those two picks were designed to make O'Donnell think a huge blitz was coming. Causing him to release the ball early.
Larry Brown stayed discipline and stayed at his position. Was in the right place at the right time obviously. Because either the WR did not take the right route and / or the ball was thrown to the wrong spot where he thought the WR was supposed to be.

Whatever it was, it worked the way Dallas wanted. Maybe not the picks, but at least cause and errant pass for an incompletion.
That was what the they said after the game, it was a designed play. As I said, Brown stayed his position. If that was the case or not, it happened. Which many DB's would have come toward the LOS, therefore being just overthrown passes.
Tell em Jazz! It’s always negative with some. Anyways, that was a great Super Bowl and kinda made up for the Jackie Smith end zone drop.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why are you always pointing out the negatives and NEVER the positives? Curious minds would like to know.