CFZ Embrace the challenge

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s still a chance the Cowboys can win the division and get the #1 seed. Of course it’s also possible it snows in Texas in July, but I digress.

In all seriousness, I’m not that worried about the Cowboys seeding right now. The reason I feel that way is I honestly believe this team is capable of a deep playoff run because they are capable. It will be a taller hill to climb for sure, but great teams are measured by what they overcome. The mental toughness it will take to win on the road in the playoffs is something this team can and must do.

So, I say embrace the challenge. I love the idea of winning 3 road playoff games against higher seeds. Why not? If you want to be great, you have to beat the best.

Here’s a short list of what this team must do to be tough enough to win a bunch of road playoff games:
  • Play your best football from now on. Crisp execution with mental and physical toughness.
  • Reduce the pre-snap penalties and other careless errors.
  • Win the turnover battle.
  • Make and accept no excuses. Just find a way to win.
  • Stay as healthy as possible.
Sure, that is a “water is wet” list. But it’s true.
Hoping this team embraces whatever seed they accomplish. There’s still a lot of football left to play.
Here‘s hoping they embrace the challenge.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There’s still a chance the Cowboys can win the division and get the #1 seed. Of course it’s also possible it snows in Texas in July, but I digress.

In all seriousness, I’m not that worried about the Cowboys seeding right now. The reason I feel that way is I honestly believe this team is capable of a deep playoff run because they are capable. It will be a taller hill to climb for sure, but great teams are measured by what they overcome. The mental toughness it will take to win on the road in the playoffs is something this team can and must do.

So, I say embrace the challenge. I love the idea of winning 3 road playoff games against higher seeds. Why not? If you want to be great, you have to beat the best.

Here’s a short list of what this team must do to be tough enough to win a bunch of road playoff games:
  • Play your best football from now on. Crisp execution with mental and physical toughness.
Hoping this team embraces whatever seed they accomplish. There’s still a lot of football left to play.
teams that peak from here on out, are teams that will have a better post season chance. I rather don't mind having played easy schedule to date, as there tends to be less injuries and being healthy is key for end of year and post season

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have only played 2 playoff caliber teams thus far this year and blown out by one and lost the other .

We have some upcoming games which hopefully can shed more light on what this team is .

So far all we know is we can dominate lesser teams .

The hype is still too high for this team . As we haven’t shown the ability to beat the better teams . Until we do the hype needs to simmer down .

We are a WC caliber team and don’t deserve at this point to be mentioned with the top teams which have had more success and beat top teams.

Motorola

Reaction score
There’s still a chance the Cowboys can win the division and get the #1 seed.
And even though the two No. 1 playoff seeds get a bye for wildcard weekend and a home game during the divisional round - the setup is far from a lock on reaching the Super Bowl.
• Last season's playoff-- both No.1 made it to the League Championship.
• Two postseasons ago, both No.1 seeds were knocked out in the Divisional Round -Packers and Titans.
• Since 1990, 32 of the 64 No.1 seeds made it to the Super Bowl = 50%.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m taking them one by one. That’s lame and all but I enjoy football and this offense is starting to look like the greatest show on turf. It can score in bunches. Would like to see even more TO’s. We are currently at 17 and the leader has 22. The competition is about to get stiffer but hopefully they will prevail.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We have only played 2 playoff caliber teams thus far this year and blown out by one and lost the other .

We have some upcoming games which hopefully can shed more light on what this team is .

So far all we know is we can dominate lesser teams .

The hype is still too high for this team . As we haven’t shown the ability to beat the better teams . Until we do the hype needs to simmer down .

We are a WC caliber team and don’t deserve at this point to be mentioned with the top teams which have had more success and beat top teams.
Right now, based upon wins/losses...the team is tied for second place in the NFC. That is as far as actual proof goes.

lopey

Reaction score

Bob they have the talent but can they stay disciplined when it counts. Big games last minute drives. History says no. I hope im wrong

jgboys1

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it, either. Mainly, because I expect the same outcome as usual. I hope I'm wrong this time (obviously), but I have to guard my heart!! lol
I have definitely toned down my expectations over the years. If they win it all, I will enjoy and embrace the Super Bowl championship and be pleasantly surprised but nothing about this team makes me think that this season will be any different! Hopefully they shock me and the world and win it all this season!

rambo2

Reaction score
I have definitely toned down my expectations over the years. If they win it all, I will enjoy and embrace the Super Bowl championship and be pleasantly surprised but nothing about this team makes me think that this season will be any different! Hopefully they shock me and the world and win it all this season!
Isn't winning every game at home by 20 or more points different? How about setting an NFL record in game 11?

Praxit

Reaction score

Good post bullet, as always. I think most of us are feeling, what you're feeling.
That this team has the tools and resources to take them long down the road.
If They can stick to just a few guidelines that you mentioned. Good things will come