CFZ Embrace the challenge

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all seriousness, I’m not that worried about the Cowboys seeding right now. The reason I feel that way is I honestly believe this team is capable of a deep playoff run because they are capable.
I stopped worrying as much about seeding post-2007 season. I stopped worrying altogether post-2016 season.

The signs are there despite that I am not convinced how much grit the team has adopted to this point. I feel the only thing that may be preventing this team from being capable of running the table--whether it is a number one seed, number seven seed or any seed in between--is itself.

Regardless of what happens from this point forward:
  • No more Arizonas
  • RISE to the occasion for the San Franciscos
  • Stop shooting yourself in the foot with the Philadelphias
It is almost nitty-gritty time. Stay focused. Steel yourself. Take care of business. Play for glory.

rambo2

Reaction score
I stopped worrying as much about seeding post-2007 season. I stopped worrying altogether post-2016 season.

The signs are there despite that I am not convinced how much grit the team has adopted to this point. I feel the only thing that may be preventing this team from being capable of running the table--whether it is a number one seed, number seven seed or any seed in between--is itself.

Regardless of what happens from this point forward:
  • No more Arizonas
  • RISE to the occasion for the San Franciscos
  • Stop shooting yourself in the foot with the Philadelphias
It is almost nitty-gritty time. Stay focused. Steel yourself. Take care of business. Play for glory.
True grit!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dallas will be the 5 or the 1.
Right. I think they will be the 5 which won’t meet Runnys criteria of playing a tougher opponent in 1st rd. I was just providing some scenarios which could meet his thought.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In order for Dallas to win the NFCE Phi has to lose at least 3 more games while we win out.

That’s very unlikely.

And why these last two games against the Chiefs and Bills were so critical . If they had lost one of those our chances would be realistic .

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
In order for Dallas to win the NFCE Phi has to lose at least 3 more games while we win out.

That’s very unlikely.

And why these last two games against the Chiefs and Bills were so critical . If they had lost one of those are chances would be so much greater.
I think Philly will lose at least 2 and maybe 3.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Fans: I feel the Cowboys are capable of a deep playoff run.

Cowboys not putting up deep play off runs

Jones boys: we keep telling them, they keep falling for it.

rambo2

Reaction score

When is the last time a team, any team, won all their home games by 20 or more points?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I guess some fans just need to believe it. It’s like they can’t get fired up unless they believe . I don’t get it. I Understand the players Need to believe such but don’t get why fans need to believe .

To me thats part of the excitement as a fan not knowing and rooting from edge of chair for 60 minutes. Hope is ok. We want to retain hope we can win but why this belief which leads to unwarranted hype. No wonder so many are so disappointed. They expect to win.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#31 - You will not post bets with other members including account betting.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Eagles won a Super Bowl with NICK Friggen FOLES and Tampa with DILFER, Let's go we can do it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There’s still a chance the Cowboys can win the division and get the #1 seed. Of course it’s also possible it snows in Texas in July, but I digress.

In all seriousness, I’m not that worried about the Cowboys seeding right now. The reason I feel that way is I honestly believe this team is capable of a deep playoff run because they are capable. It will be a taller hill to climb for sure, but great teams are measured by what they overcome. The mental toughness it will take to win on the road in the playoffs is something this team can and must do.

So, I say embrace the challenge. I love the idea of winning 3 road playoff games against higher seeds. Why not? If you want to be great, you have to beat the best.

Here’s a short list of what this team must do to be tough enough to win a bunch of road playoff games:
  • Play your best football from now on. Crisp execution with mental and physical toughness.
  • Reduce the pre-snap penalties and other careless errors.
  • Win the turnover battle.
  • Make and accept no excuses. Just find a way to win.
  • Stay as healthy as possible.
Sure, that is a “water is wet” list. But it’s true.
Hoping this team embraces whatever seed they accomplish. There’s still a lot of football left to play.
Here‘s hoping they embrace the challenge.
The Cowboys were 4-4 on the road last season and went 1-1 in the playoffs on the road. They are 3-3 on the road this season.

They've won 13 straight at home. If any team needs home field it's the Cowboys, but we'll see what happens.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
At
You haven't noticed how good they are this year? Are you blind?
At some point in each of the last two seasons, the Cowboys have had us feeling the exact same type of way we do right now.

rambo2

Reaction score
At

At some point in each of the last two seasons, the Cowboys have had us feeling the exact same type of way we do right now.
They have never blown out teams week after week like they are doing now and no other team in the league is doing it either.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With their QB running at the drop of a hat...what is there to ensure not getting hurt?
So our chances hinge on JH getting injured?

Better to just get ready to be the 5 seed and hope our team stays healthy. This is why you don’t mail it in against Arizona.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When is the last time a team, any team, won all their home games by 20 or more points?
No disrespect intended Rambo, but why does that matter? Just win. This isn’t a beauty contest like college football. We judge NFL teams ultimately by what they do in the playoffs. Right?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That’s very unlikely.

And why these last two games against the Chiefs and Bills were so critical . If they had lost one of those our chances would be realistic .
It may be unlikely, but I believe they lose the next 2. If they do and Dallas hold serve, we will see what the added pressure does. You have great posts and I agree lots.

I do believe they catch and pass them. I have seen teams find the same groove as Philly, but I haven’t seen any maintain it with the close calls and clutch play. I don’t think we’ll see it this year ever.

I’m on record to have all the egg on my face warranted but I do see a difference in Dallas this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So our chances hinge on JH getting injured?

Better to just get ready to be the 5 seed and hope our team stays healthy. This is why you don’t mail it in against Arizona.
If the division is officially out of reach as we near the end of the season and if we also have the 5th seed wrapped up we might be able to rest our stars the last couple games.

At some point with 14 of 32 teams in the playoffs the NFL is going to need address the seedings by records. Basically what the NBA adapted a few years ago .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It may be unlikely, but I believe they lose the next 2. If they do and Dallas hold serve, we will see what the added pressure does. You have great posts and I agree lots.

I do believe they catch and pass them. I have seen teams find the same groove as Philly, but I haven’t seen any maintain it with the close calls and clutch play. I don’t think we’ll see it this year ever.

I’m on record to have all the egg on my face warranted but I do see a difference in Dallas this year.
That’s all fine but fans beliefs is really no interest to me . I appreciate your comments. Thanks

Last edited: