Twitter: Emmitt: Cowboys Wasting Talent Is Frustrating As Hell

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its rarely about the individual talent on the field in Dallas. As Troy says, he would put up our roster against any in the league. But this ain't fantasy football. Until Jethro and son figure out that building a super bowl team is more than stacking talent, we will continue running into the same wall every January.

You cannot micromanage a football team from the owners box. The dynamics of that don't work.

plymkr

Reaction score
Its rarely about the individual talent on the field in Dallas. As Troy says, he would put up our roster against any in the league. But this ain't fantasy football. Until Jethro and son figure out that building a super bowl team is more than stacking talent, we will continue running into the same wall every January.

You cannot micromanage a football team from the owners box. The dynamics of that don't work.
Very true

Aven8

Reaction score
I like that the legends are speaking up about this nonsense. We just need one guy to step up and put Jerry on blast.

Roger-Staubach-height.jpg

He’s got too much class for that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
FRISCO - Mark down Emmitt Smith as the latest Dallas Cowboys legend who finds the state of today's Dallas Cowboys to be, as he puts it, "frustrating as hell.''

From Drew Pearson expressing disillusionment with quarterback Dak Prescott (see "$40 Million Disappointment'')

to Troy Aikman calling this year's failure "heartbreaking'' (see "How Would I Fix Jerry's Cowboys?'')

to Deion Sanders telling CowboysSI.com that the Cowboys "choked'' (see "Not Built for the Moment''),

there is an army of Hall of Fame Cowboys who remained stunned at the modern editions of the team inability to get over the hump of success.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/emmitt-smith-dallas-wasting-talent-dak-prescott-super-bowl

Except the photo didn't show a guy whose talent we were wasting this year, it showed a guy who we wasted snaps on keeping better talent off the field.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Except the photo didn't show a guy whose talent we were wasting this year, it showed a guy who we wasted snaps on keeping better talent off the field.

It was not Zeke's fault he got hurt nor was it his fault the coaching staff didn't trust Pollard enough to play over a guy on one leg. If the coaches and training staff knew Zeke had a torn ligament in his knee back in October and continued to let him play on it they should all be held accountable ... The one guy I DON'T put any blame on for it.. is Zeke. I appreciate a guy willing to put his body and long term health on the line for the good of the team. Even if he was wrong in believing he was the better option even on one leg.. I cannot fault him for wanting to go out there and compete. It's not his job to set the starting lineup.

Creeper

Reaction score
From Drew Pearson: "Whenever the Cowboys lose, it's always somebody else's fault and that's what Dak was trying to do, pass the blame." referring to Dak's comments about fans throwing trash at officials after the 49ers game.

From Deion talking about the old Cowboys vs the current Cowboys: "You never doubted if those guys were going to show up in the big games. You don't know what you are going to get, nowadays. You really don't and that's a problem." I think the problem is we really do know what we are going to get. They consistently underperform expectations.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The writing was on the wall from mid-season on with this team. I’m honestly surprised anyone thought they would actually compete in the playoffs by the final weeks of the season.

Yeah the folks that kept hyping them up were either completely delusional or eternal optimists.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Boy do I wish someone trusted and a friend of the family would convey this to Jerry Jones.

fivetwos

Reaction score
When you refuse to hire a coach that may take the spotlight or credit away from Jerry what does anyone expect?

Jerry has to find the next 'genius' HC himself, this way he is guaranteed his ridiculous "credit" if things happen to go well.

This is ALL this is about. That's what makes it so maddening.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I enjoyed he called Jerry out. Needs to be done a lot. Here is the deal…would you rather have old Jerry trading for/signing TO, Roy Williams, Deion etc or the guy who stands pat with nothing? I’d take wheeling and dealing all day. I think that’s where some of this frustration is building. We stand pat and roll the same out there and cross our fingers.

“When I look at our Cowboys I’m looking for… who are we going to be?” Smith said. “Are we going to stay the same? Or are we going to just take all of this talent and waste it over three- or four- or five-year time frame, assuming and expecting to do something great doing the same things over and over and over again? .. And fans are just going to get more and more and more frustrated. With Jerry (owner Jones), with the team, and everything else.”

bigE79

Reaction score
People might debate the level of talent we've had over the years, but I don't think anyone can deny that talent would have progressed a lot further with stern leadership at the helm.

What good is undisciplined talent? I'm beyond frustrated, it pisses me off :mad:
Welcome to my world bro.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Talent only gets you so far. Talent alone will beat lesser teams, but when faced with similar talent it's coaching and character that separates them.

Are you more disciplined than you opponent?
Are you smarter than your opponent?
Are you tougher than your opponent?

Perhaps hiring pet cats with no experience or retread coaches no one else wants isn't good enough? Dallas needs a coach who makes Jerry uncomfortable, but won't hire one.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
FRISCO - Mark down Emmitt Smith as the latest Dallas Cowboys legend who finds the state of today's Dallas Cowboys to be, as he puts it, "frustrating as hell.''

From Drew Pearson expressing disillusionment with quarterback Dak Prescott (see "$40 Million Disappointment'')

to Troy Aikman calling this year's failure "heartbreaking'' (see "How Would I Fix Jerry's Cowboys?'')

to Deion Sanders telling CowboysSI.com that the Cowboys "choked'' (see "Not Built for the Moment''),

there is an army of Hall of Fame Cowboys who remained stunned at the modern editions of the team inability to get over the hump of success.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/emmitt-smith-dallas-wasting-talent-dak-prescott-super-bowl

Yep old time players are apparently as frustrated as us fans are with the direction of the team

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep old time players are apparently as frustrated as us fans are with the direction of the team
yeah pretty bad when the old guard starts saying negative things, but if they are going to do it, they need to be bolder
and say what they really think, and what the real problems are.
Right now they are just beating around the bush, and they need to cut the bush down!!!!!

jerry will just ignore these comments or not understand, or misconstrue them.