Emmitt Smith - A Football Life Trailer - NFL Network

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Emmitt wasn't the biggest, fastest, quickest, strongest, or flashiest RB and that's why some want to put others ahead of him. However, he was the best ever at what might be the two most important things for a RB. Vision and keeping your body healthy. No RB ever had better vision than Emmitt. He could see the holes before they were even there and would hit them going downhill. He was also seemingly impervious to injury. I can't remember how many times he got hit or landed on his head and I thought to myself that's it he's done. Every time he got right up and kept going. This was mostly due to the way he took care of his body and his drive and determination to be the best ever which allowed him to play with pain and nagging injuries that send others to the bench or training room.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Finished watching it yesterday and it was very well done.

What really stood out is that at the High school, College and Pro Level, he came into a situation where the program needed resurrecting and as he stated in the show, he always left the position better then when he arrived.

It was also interesting to see how emotional he gets when talking about Mr. Daryl "Moose" Johnston.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Finished watching it yesterday and it was very well done.

What really stood out is that at the High school, College and Pro Level, he came into a situation where the program needed resurrecting and as he stated in the show, he always left the position better then when he arrived.

It was also interesting to see how emotional he gets when talking about Mr. Daryl "Moose" Johnston.

He's the only RB in the history of football to be his state's all-time leading rusher in high school, school's all-time leading rusher in college, and the NFL's al-time leading rusher.

BigD5

Reaction score
He's the only RB in the history of football to be his state's all-time leading rusher in high school, school's all-time leading rusher in college, and the NFL's al-time leading rusher.
??? Derrick Henry is the all time high school rushing record holder. For the entire country. He played at Yulee

wrongway

Reaction score
Me too. Didn't know these facts at the time. His " disappointment" in Switzer was justified and only increased my respect for Troy. He was/is a good man that realized his place in football history. The Cowboys are seriously lacking that perspective now and in recent years.
I've always said that was the undeniable proof of their greatness. Winning it all with Switzer at the helm.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I loved when the Seattle defense told him "Not today" and he giggles on the sideline, and breaks the record.

Him and Moose. Damn got chills.