Twitter: Emmitt Smith calls the defense "garbage"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Man_0971emmittsmith32454336457.jpg

It takes a lot for former Cowboys to get disgusted enough with a Cowboys performance to simply call the night quits and go to bed. Yet, that's exactly what Cowboys legend Emmitt Smith apparently did after watching the Cowboys defense get destroyed by the Chicago Bears.

Here are Emmitt's tweets from last night, who's reaction is probably remarkably close to those of Cowboys fans who watched last night's lost opportunity:

Follow the link to view a barrage of tweets sent by Emmitt during no the game.

http://thaoutlaws.com/posts/36215

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It has to be painful for someone that played with tremendous pride, determination and sheer will to watch the current Cowboys go through the motions.

Those were some heartfelt tweets and you know he was just as pissed as every one of us when he sent them.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I would call them "garbage", but then I'd be offending "garbage" ... And besides, by calling them "garbage" you're actually complimenting them. Garbage > Dallas's defense

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith ✔ @EmmittSmith22
Follow
Good night!!!! :-(
9:46 PM - 9 Dec 2013
935 RETWEETS 408 FAVORITES

Follow
This Scheme is garbage.
9:41 PM - 9 Dec 2013
1,985 RETWEETS 802 FAVORITES

Follow
Call the Police, Chicago offense is speeding.
8:39 PM - 9 Dec 2013
241 RETWEETS 181 FAVORITES

Follow
Is everybody open????
8:21 PM - 9 Dec 2013
229 RETWEETS 134 FAVORITES

Follow
Our Defense need to step up.
8:01 PM - 9 Dec 2013
595 RETWEETS 358 FAVORITES

Follow
Great stats by the bears but no defense.
8:17 PM - 9 Dec 2013
52 RETWEETS 48 FAVORITES

dallasdave

Reaction score
Emmitt was right the defense is garbage and someone needs to take it out !!!!!!

dallasdave

Reaction score
Take out the garbage, and new coaches, new GM, and some(not all) new players.

links18

Reaction score
Hey, Emmitt knows garbage. He was a diamond surrounded by trash under Campo.

Notice he called out the "scheme."

dallasdave

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for someone to say he's not a "real fan" anymore....

Won't hear that from me. I was there in 1988 when the Cowboys were the worst team in the NFL and was still a fan. When Jimmy Johnson was brought in I was happy because I knew he was a winner and would do what it took to restore the Cowboys to a grown mans team and he did that and then some. Now its time for another great coach to come out of the darkness to lead the Cowboys back to a Super Bowl Champion many times over. I'm just waiting for that coach to come and put Dallas back on the map.. But I am always a Cowboy's fan win, lose, or tie.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am just counting the days until this coaching staff is shown the door...............................3 more games fellas.....................just hold out 3 more games.

kevm3

Reaction score
Is he wrong? Cowboys used to be a team that was feared and respected and now we're a league-wide joke and bloopers team.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No. He is spot on with his assessment. The defensive scheme sucks. Although we have guys off the street filling in on the defensive line, there is no creativity around using angles, stunts, and cleverly disguised blitzes to keep QBs off balance. Nothing..

Is he wrong? Cowboys used to be a team that was feared and respected and now we're a league-wide joke and bloopers team.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
He is correct in calling out the scheme, But some of these players act like they have never played football before. Might as well put masks over their faces and hope they get lucky. Anyone who has ever played football has an idea of where they should be on the field. Zone coverage should be much easier than man and yet our defense can't even do that.

remdak

Reaction score
He is correct in calling out the scheme, But some of these players act like they have never played football before. Might as well put masks over their faces and hope they get lucky. Anyone who has ever played football has an idea of where they should be on the field. Zone coverage should be much easier than man and yet our defense can't even do that.

They play zone like a basketball team. They just pick a spot and stand there without reacting at all to the play.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Hey, Emmitt knows garbage. He was a diamond surrounded by trash under Campo.

Notice he called out the "scheme."

I was wondering if someone would bring this up. It was my first thought when I heard he used the term "garbage".