Twitter: Emmitt Smith calls the defense "garbage"

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Lol. it's not just the scheme. the scheme is garbage because the players are garbage.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I am just counting the days until this coaching staff is shown the door...............................3 more games fellas.....................just hold out 3 more games.

What does it even matter? So, these coaches are gone, new puppets come in.. The REAL problem is still there. And, will continue to be..

Ohh... Bankruptcy couldn't come soon enough for the Jones' family. I mean, I don't want them suffering, just some kind of HUGE money damage so they have to sell the team..

I know. I know, Pipedream.. Leave me be.. hehee

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Man_0971emmittsmith32454336457.jpg

It takes a lot for former Cowboys to get disgusted enough with a Cowboys performance to simply call the night quits and go to bed. Yet, that's exactly what Cowboys legend Emmitt Smith apparently did after watching the Cowboys defense get destroyed by the Chicago Bears.

Here are Emmitt's tweets from last night, who's reaction is probably remarkably close to those of Cowboys fans who watched last night's lost opportunity:

Follow the link to view a barrage of tweets sent by Emmitt during no the game.

http://thaoutlaws.com/posts/36215

Well The NFL's all time leading Rusher is absolutely correct.
This years defense is a steaming, record setting, hot mess !

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is quite the statement to call the Cowboys defensive scheme "garbage" but it is also hard to argue that the Dallas defense looked anything less than stinky on Monday night. Strong words from #22, but also, unfortunately, very true
Someone needs to email Emmitt and tell him to cancel his next eye exam. I think it's a good bet he is seeing 20/20.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Man_0971emmittsmith32454336457.jpg

It takes a lot for former Cowboys to get disgusted enough with a Cowboys performance to simply call the night quits and go to bed. Yet, that's exactly what Cowboys legend Emmitt Smith apparently did after watching the Cowboys defense get destroyed by the Chicago Bears.

Here are Emmitt's tweets from last night, who's reaction is probably remarkably close to those of Cowboys fans who watched last night's lost opportunity:

Follow the link to view a barrage of tweets sent by Emmitt during no the game.

http://thaoutlaws.com/posts/36215

Can we please bring back those jerseys!!!????

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I imagine when the opponents watch film on the Cowboys D they think this is gonna be fun!

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Emmitt should have used his old line. "( Romo )... is like a diamond, surrounded by trash. "

Eddie

Reaction score
I would take the D's from the 5-11 teams under Zimmer any day over what we've been trotting out over the past few years.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Just in case Ware, Carter, Hatcher, Carr, and Claiborne missed the comments: he's specifically talking to you guys.In fairness to Hatcher, his play in the first half of the season was stellar. Maybe he is wearing down now especially when you consider his age.

Time for you guys to answer. Well, Carter already gave his answer by saying he is injured. And probable will be injured for the rest of the year. I doubt Carter even suits up again this year. Same with Claiborne. If the team somehow gets into the playoffs, then maybe Carter and Claiborne will 'magically' get better and decide their injuries aren't that bad after all.