Twitter: Encouraging Jaylon Smith Stat **merged**

robjay04

Reaction score
Another classic example of why you don't base opinions on statistics.

It’s just simply stating he seems to excel in a pass rushing role.

I watch the games and the only time I ever notice him around the ball is when he is chasing the QB so it’s a pretty sound judgement.

CWR

Reaction score
we're past the 90 days for a refund

meanwhile, TJ Watt is setting the NFL ablaze

The last time I was this certain we made a pass rushing draft mistake was "Lights Out" Merrimam lol. If only.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He is only one inch shorter than Dlaw and 10 pounds lighter

He is only one inch shorter than Von Miller and 5 pounds lighter

Just saying .......... till his lateral movement is back all the way.

Pants

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! maybe people can ease up a wee bit? the guy is going through a learning curve...he isn't sean lee, but other than that animal in carolina, no one is....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence 6'3" 260lbs
Von Miller 6'3" 255lbs
Jaylon Smith 6'2" 250lbs

Just saying

FaSho

Reaction score
Ablaze?

He has been better but besides his amazing week 1, he’s been pretty quiet. He had a sack in a blowout loss and one other sack.

He has more other stats but he is also a linebacker which obviously gives him more flexibility to be around the ball. He is also not playing behind a couple players playing at a pro bowl level.

Exactly. "Setting ablaze?" Lol..whatever fits the agenda, I suppose.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! maybe people can ease up a wee bit? the guy is going through a learning curve...he isn't sean lee, but other than that animal in carolina, no one is....
No, no. This isn't just 'he's not Lee', Hitchens is not Lee. Jaylon has been a negative on any play he's not blitzing the qb. He hurts the team with the way he's playing currently. I hope he turns it around, but I also don't want to be stomped by the Eagles while he 'learns on the fly'

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
His problem is not straight ahead running, like you do while pass rushing, his problem is he cant change direction laterally, that is why he cant cover anybody.

He literally needs to be a designated pass rusher and that's it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His problem is not straight ahead running, like you do while pass rushing, his problem is he cant change direction laterally, that is why he cant cover anybody.

He literally needs to be a designated pass rusher and that's it.
Why haven't our coaches figured that out?