End of year schedule could be fun

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Assuming the Cowboys and Eagles will be neck and neck fighting for the division, we have week 17 against the Eagles. Week 18 is us vs. Washington and the Eagles vs. the Giants. I suspect the Giants will be terrible this year, fighting for the #1 pick in the draft. I also don't believe the Eagles will collapse as they did last year, as they now have a real defensive coordinator. I really want to head into week 18 with a one game lead and the tiebreaker, as I don't want to chance another 2022 meltdown against the Commanders robbing us of a shot at the division title.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Assuming the Cowboys and Eagles will be neck and neck fighting for the division, we have week 17 against the Eagles. Week 18 is us vs. Washington and the Eagles vs. the Giants. I suspect the Giants will be terrible this year, fighting for the #1 pick in the draft. I also don't believe the Eagles will collapse as they did last year, as they now have a real defensive coordinator. I really want to head into week 18 with a one game lead and the tiebreaker, as I don't want to chance another 2022 meltdown against the Commanders robbing us of a shot at the division title.
This squad will be doing good to make the playoffs.
We lost a LOT of talent this off season.

Flamma

Reaction score
This squad will be doing good to make the playoffs.
We lost a LOT of talent this off season.
I hated to see Tyron Smith leave, but it was probably time. Besides that, who did we lose? Dallas didn't add talent, they just lost water weight. Nothing to be concerned about. Diggs coming back will help more than all the players we lost hurt.

Jipper

Reaction score
funny thing, is just when you think you have it figured out, the opposite happens....watch Philly and Dallas both be sub-500 teams and the commanders and NY fighting for the division crown!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
funny thing, is just when you think you have it figured out, the opposite happens....watch Philly and Dallas both be sub-500 teams and the commanders and NY fighting for the division crown!
Ouch -- that'd hurt for sure! Perish the thought . . . :omg: Oh, well, I guess we could always blame Jerry & his skinflint son! :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles may not recover from their collapse last season.
I think they struggle. Remember, the now have Kellen Moore running the offense and Hurts at QB.

Proof

Reaction score
I hated to see Tyron Smith leave, but it was probably time. Besides that, who did we lose? Dallas didn't add talent, they just lost water weight. Nothing to be concerned about. Diggs coming back will help more than all the players we lost hurt.
fowler, armstrong, pollard, hankins, gilmore. not world beaters, but significant losses.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I agree the young guys need to step up.

But who did they lose “talent” wise outside of Tyron?

Biadasz? Armstrong? Pollard? Fowler? These are guys you don’t pay
Not saying we lost all stars or we should have paid these guys.
But most were serviceable players.
But they failed to add much of anything during free agency.
That is therefore a deficent in talent.
Now we are hoping back ups and draft picks can make up the difference.
I am saying that, that is a failed strategy.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Hope you are right sir.
We lost a lot of serviceable players.
Time will certainly tell.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Six of the final nine at home.

Wish last years team had that….(and an additional DT and two linebackers) but ok.

I’m just some internet nerd, not a professional who knows exactly how to run an NFL team like Jerry and Son. They are billionaires so they must be better at everything than anyone else around here is.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll keep wishing and hoping the guys that we now have in house will get the job done as never before! Whether it works out that way or not will be revealed in the days, weeks and months yet to come. I'm hoping Mike Zimmer finds all the success need to take this team to new heights that they have yet to discover. I've been an ardent fan far too long to give up on them now. The Cowboys will continue to have my heart and soul pulling for them. I sincerely hope the rest of you on this forum haven't given up on them, either. Their team will always be far bigger than their FO, imho. I'm hoping Jerry and Stephen somehow manage to realize that and come to terms with it. They must come to terms with their limits and be proactive.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Hope you are right sir.
We lost a lot of serviceable players.
Time will certainly tell.
I don't know who they're replacing Tyron with, but the rest, we'll hardly notice we're missing them. It's not a good strategy if you're trying to improve a team. But when does Dallas ever do that? They fill holes with the draft and UDFAs. They'll make an occasion trade. Cooks and Gilmore aren't washed up, but they're not the players they were in 2017. I know we still have Cooks. But I worry more about the players we do have than the ones we lost.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't know who they're replacing Tyron with, but the rest, we'll hardly notice we're missing them. It's not a good strategy if you're trying to improve a team. But when does Dallas ever do that? They fill holes with the draft and UDFAs. They'll make an occasion trade. Cooks and Gilmore aren't washed up, but they're not the players they were in 2017. I know we still have Cooks. But I worry more about the players we do have than the ones we lost.
Example is Hankins.
Our run defense got worse when he was out injured.
Now we are hoping Mazi can replace him, even though he had a less than steller rookie season.
We are placing way too much hope on backups and draft picks.
I don't see it ending well.

Flamma

Reaction score
Example is Hankins.
Our run defense got worse when he was out injured.
Now we are hoping Mazi can replace him, even though he had a less than steller rookie season.
We are placing way too much hope on backups and draft picks.
I don't see it ending well.
It's probably not going to end well. We didn't do anything to get better. It's probably going to end much the same way it ended last year. People seem to think we'll be much worse. We had an above average team with a weak run D last year. We'll probably have the same this year.

Gambit

Reaction score
I agree the young guys need to step up.

But who did they lose “talent” wise outside of Tyron?

Biadasz? Armstrong? Pollard? Fowler? These are guys you don’t pay
While I agree, and the time to move on from them was right, we did lose a lot of snaps at DE. And Hankins.

But overall from talent perspective we gain more than we lost with returning D players.