End of year schedule could be fun

Chasing6

Reaction score
Example is Hankins.
Our run defense got worse when he was out injured.
Now we are hoping Mazi can replace him, even though he had a less than steller rookie season.
We are placing way too much hope on backups and draft picks.
I don't see it ending well.
We believe that LB make plays not DT's.

Everyone was impressed with LVE making tackles 5 yards down the field.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This squad will be doing good to make the playoffs.
We lost a LOT of talent this off season.
I might miss my guess, but I think you're right. I don't mean to throw cold water on things but like you said, we lost a lot of talent in the off season and most of it is being replaced with rookies. I would expect big and better things for 2025, but right now I think 2024 is a toss up.
I like our draft this year, but they're gonna need time to grow up. We'll see.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will start out behind the eight ball with a inexperienced OL and a outdated scheme.
Honestly if we are over .500 in the division I'll be surprised. Too many variables at this point with coaching, QB and cohesion to be sure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The current version of the Cowboys bears an excess of rookie and UDFA players that will experience growing pains for certain. Yet, they're still the team that most of us would like to see find more than their most likely share of winning. I think it's highly questionable if we win 10 games this season and that's being fairly optimistic. They're still the Cowboys, nevertheless and that makes 'em worth pulling for, imho. It's a bit of a "down" year any way you slice it -- thanks to some highly disheartened reactions by a chicken-hearted FO. Let's hope they make a good decision or two before it's too late to salvage something better.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Where? Part time injury prone Tyron? Hankins and Pollard maybe. But I don't see a LOT or anything close to it. Not to mention, it's still 4 months until the season opener. The roster is far from set.
Do you see us making anymore significant off season moves?

Who's available?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we get off to a bad start the end of the year schedule might not be so fun. It’s not fun when you’re playing out the remaining few games with no shot at the playoffs. However, it’s going to take a real rough season for us to end up like that.

Carson

Reaction score
If we get off to a bad start the end of the year schedule might not be so fun. It’s not fun when you’re playing out the remaining few games with no shot at the playoffs. However, it’s going to take a real rough season for us to end up like that.
I think it’s the opposite

I think we start 2-4, 2-5 and finish strong because after the Texans game the schedule gets easier

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it’s the opposite

I think we start 2-4, 2-5 and finish strong because after the Texans game the schedule gets easier
If we get off to a 2-4 or 2-5 start we’re probably going to have the disappointing team we all feared. We don’t know how easy or tough the schedule may actually be until we start seeing how teams are shaping up during the season. Teams could be better or worse than last season. Three of our last five games are against playoff teams from last season and our last two games are on the road where we struggled last season. If Washington’s rookie QB turns out they could be much better.