Entire 1977 Season Video Downloads (Now Online)

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
All our victories for the 1977 season are now available for download. Including the play-offs and Super Bowl.

I will be getting the other 1970's collection online in the weeks to come.

You can download the collection here....... Click Here

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I'm trying to DL from you as we speak, but my max DL speed seems to be 25 kb/s and slower. Is this normal? Are you setting a limit on DL speed? Thanks.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3300687 said:
I'm trying to DL from you as we speak, but my max DL speed seems to be 25 kb/s and slower. Is this normal? Are you setting a limit on DL speed? Thanks.

This could potentially be normal, however most likely temporary.

Since this is a new torrent, I am the only seeder of several of the videos I've mentioned in this thread. That will change as more people populate the torrents.

There are other factors such as your share ratio. If you practice sharing with your upload ratio being higher than the percentage you download, then your download speeds will accelerate. However, if you download more than you upload, you will have slow downloads speeds. The more you share what you collect the faster your download speeds will be when you want something.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;3300742 said:
Unlimited.

I am also seeding many other files which people are downloading from me as we speak.

Okay, it took me about ten hours to DL the first half of the 1977 NYG game. When I play it, there's an annoying telephone operator announcing the time every three seconds or so, which flat out ruins the broadcast. Is the second half of the game like this as well? If there's a problem with the audio or video, you should warn downloaders in advance.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3301779 said:
Okay, it took me about ten hours to DL the first half of the 1977 NYG game. When I play it, there's an annoying telephone operator announcing the time every three seconds or so, which flat out ruins the broadcast. Is the second half of the game like this as well? If there's a problem with the audio or video, you should warn downloaders in advance.

Ha lucky you.

Of all the thousands of video I host that is the only one with such a problem.

I'll note it in the torrent thread. I actually forgot which one it was. A bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Yes, both the first and second halves are like that.

Keep in mind, that setting up torrents for thousands of videos is monotonous and time consuming. Something getting overlooked is likely going to happen.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;3302709 said:
Ha lucky you.

Of all the thousands of video I host that is the only one with such a problem.

I'll note it in the torrent thread. I actually forgot which one it was. A bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Yes, both the first and second halves are like that.

Keep in mind, that setting up torrents for thousands of videos is monotonous and time consuming. Something getting overlooked is likely going to happen.

I understand. Honest mistake.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I really appreciate it SG but I have about 10 torrents on request for around 24 hours and have not downloaded 1 byte of info yet

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor;3304256 said:
I really appreciate it SG but I have about 10 torrents on request for around 24 hours and have not downloaded 1 byte of info yet

That's odd. I have been uploading as much as 20 GB per day for numerous videos to a variety of ip addresses. The other seeds are also sharing bandwidth.

There is always the possibility you may need to forward your port to you router. It's usually not necessary. It could be that you are behind a firewall.

That or the computer gods are angry with you for some reason. Did you do anything to piss them off?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Zaxor;3304256 said:

STAR GAZER;3304273 said:
That's odd. I have been uploading as much as 20 GB per day for numerous videos to a variety of ip addresses. The other seeds are also sharing bandwidth.

There is always the possibility you may need to forward your port to you router. It's usually not necessary. It could be that you are behind a firewall.

That or the computer gods are angry with you for some reason. Did you do anything to piss them off?

I can tell you guys I downloaded the games from 92 from sg's site that I didnt have. The DL speeds were extremely fast. Close to 150 or 200kbs.

I am also seeding 5 games that I downloaded and they are constantly uploading because people are downloading them.

Depending on what torrent software you use, I use utorrent and on the bottom in the middle there is a little network id logo. It tells you if you are being blocked by a port or a firewall, then you know which port to open to fix it. When your done you can then check your up and down speeds through a number of different servers through there.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I can download torrents from everywhere it seems but here.

strange that

canters

Reaction score
I had no issues downloading, but the video quality in real time player is poor. I am watching the 1970 division game between the Cowboys and Lions and the video quality is bad.

The audio is fine. Nice to hear the late Frank Gleber call the game with Frank Gifford as the anaylist. Dick Stockton is the sideline reporter and has a full head of hair.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
canters;3305788 said:
I had no issues downloading, but the video quality in real time player is poor. I am watching the 1970 division game between the Cowboys and Lions and the video quality is bad.

The audio is fine. Nice to hear the late Frank Gleber call the game with Frank Gifford as the anaylist. Dick Stockton is the sideline reporter and has a full head of hair.

I wonder what the problem could be

canters

Reaction score
I am open to suggestions. Is there another media player other than real player that someone would suggest? I don't know if real player is ther problem or not.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
by the way SG I still have at the time of this post not one byte of info...

I can download theebs torrents from 10 yard torrents just fine

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I just noticed that the 1977 Dal-NYG game is missing two Dallas TD drives. Unbelievable. Guys, don't DL from his site. It'll just lead to disappointment.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3311619 said:
I just noticed that the 1977 Dal-NYG game is missing two Dallas TD drives. Unbelievable. Guys, don't DL from his site. It'll just lead to disappointment.

Dude these are 30+ year old videos that were captured with VCR's and converted to digital. Then they were passed on via multiple sources. This is true with most anything you can find that is as as old as these videos are.

I can understand your frustration with the first video you downloaded. I actually thought not to seed it.

It sounds like you went though a lot of effort to point and click and patiently wait for a free video to download.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;3311827 said:
Dude these are 30+ year old videos that were captured with VCR's and converted to digital. Then they were passed on via multiple sources. This is true with most anything you can find that is as as old as these videos are.

I can understand your frustration with the first video you downloaded. I actually thought not to seed it.

It sounds like you went though a lot of effort to point and click and patiently wait for a free video to download.

just ignore him. Trust me, your better off.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;3311827 said:

VCR's can't capture an entire game? That's news to me. The point is that you didn't take the time to properly vet these games. Free or not, if the game has audio or video problems, or is missing a ton of plays, then your subscribers have a right to know--esp when it take hours and hours to DL just the first half. It's called "common courtesy." Providing something for "free" doesn't give you the right to misrepresent it.

theebs;3311938 said:
just ignore him. Trust me, your better off.

Pipe down, believe boy. You'd best spend your time dreaming up another worthless catchphrase for the 2010 season.