Status
Not open for further replies.

Western

Reaction score
Memory Lane:

f10ce53ba5b67cb38443939722f04848.jpg

troy_aikman_coverjpg.jpg
1972-0124-super-bowl-vi-duane-thomas-001289759ifinaljpg.jpg
dallas-cowboys-randy-white-and-harvey-martin-super-bowl-xii-january-23-1978-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
dallas-cowboys-emmitt-smith-super-bowl-xxx-february-05-1996-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
dallas-begins-the-long-climb-back-march-20-1989-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
curious. what does this board have against Mike Fisher?
I have nothing against him. He's got a bit of an ego and he does some rumor mill stuff when it comes to free agents but I generally like his stuff. I listen to Fish at Six on my kitchen TV when I cook dinner.

I don't agree with him all the time but that's true of everything.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
So what's the story behind this? I am too lazy today to play private detective.
I can tell you from personal experience that physical publishing of any sort is difficult right now, even if you've got solid revenue.

At my company we had 35% growth in gross revenue over 2023 and still had to cut 15% of our overhead and are still looking for places to trim to make our net look good.

We also chopped our distribution agreement with Simon and Schuster and cut off our printing agreement with Sheridan and LSC and have gone more heavily to print on demand for our clients that want physical media.

There's still money to be made in books and magazines but we've tripled down on alternate revenue sources for our authors over traditional royalties and book store sales. It's a hard business even if you're doing well and SI wasn't.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Screw SI.
Trash magazine and trash organization.

They all deserve it.

At one time, it was a worthwhile publication but that hasn't been the case for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.