Entirely Hypothetical: If Josh Rosen Becomes Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I didn't get the Rosen fascination in college and I saw nothing last season to change my mind.

Not a chance I'm giving up a first round pick for him.
Agreed.

I wouldn't even give up a 2nd or 3rd.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It also doesnt mean he does.

This arm nonsense is as useful as drafting a WR high in the first because he ran the fastest 40 ever recorded at the combine.

Dak has better legs, leadership, and brain. I'll take these and you can have the guy with the best arm. Ryan Tannehill and Blake Bortles both have better arms. Who cares.
I never said I wanted Rosen. Is said he had a better arm than Dak and he does. Yeah Dak has better legs and brain maybe but I want the complete package and we're not gonna get that with Dak. He's never gonna be able make those key throws into tight coverage to convert third downs and TDs. Yep Dak has brain but he sure doesn't go through his reads very quick and is hesitant to throw into tights windows and will take a sack first. I want a QB that's gonna help elevate everyone around him not the other way around.

Hadenough

Reaction score
And Dak runs faster, but which is the better QB? Right now it is Dak, and there is no certainty Rosen will end up being as good or better than Dak. Why would we give up a 1st round pick for someone that isn’t clearly and comnvincingly a better player than we have?
Geesh! I never said I wanted Rosen.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fran Tarkenton.

Of course in those days players at all positions were smaller.
I never said I wanted Rosen. Is said he had a better arm than Dak and he does. Yeah Dak has better legs and brain maybe but I want the complete package and we're not gonna get that with Dak. He's never gonna be able make those key throws into tight coverage to convert third downs and TDs. Yep Dak has brain but he sure doesn't go through his reads very quick and is hesitant to throw into tights windows and will take a sack first. I want a QB that's gonna help elevate everyone around him not the other way around.

But if we aren't going to get it with Rosen either it really doesn't matter if he has a better arm. Ultimately there are very few QBs that truly are the total package. For me personally, Dak's arm strength, while admittedly not top tier, isn't his issue as much as what you mentioned about making the quick reads, and learning to be a little more aggressive. Being careful with the ball is a good thing in general, but you can't let it handcuff you. I think we saw Dak do a little better with that later in the season, and hopefully he will take another step forward this year.

erod

Reaction score
He will be available, but no.

I like Dak much better than that pompous spare.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STOP RACE BAITING AND STOP CALLING PEOPLE NAMES.
A FEW IN HERE JUST GOT A TIME OUT FOR IT.
KNOCK IT OFF. THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BEFORE TO KEEP RACE OUT OF IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.