Entirely Hypothetical: If Josh Rosen Becomes Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

J817

Reaction score
The Cardinals are not going to trade away Josh Rosen this year. The Arizona Cardinals are not going to draft Kyler Murray in the first round. I know this. Stranger things have happened in this league, but I do believe the Kingsbury/Murray thing is being totally overblown. Saying that, if IF I’m wrong and for some reason the Cardinals decide they have seen enough of their first year QB and decide to move on, what should be the Cowboy’s response? Also consider a Josh Rosen trade will be for a first round pick (in the Cowboys perspective it would be their 2020 first if they decide to offer).

Also know, I am not a Dak basher nor am I a Dak apologist. I guess I’m somewhere in the middle. This is just a question.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Won't happen. Doesn't matter if you, I or anyone likes him--the reality is that the Jones have already got Prescott fitted for his wedding dress.

Why people start threads like this, I will never know.

J817

Reaction score
Won't happen. Doesn't matter if you, I or anyone likes him--the reality is that the Jones have already got Prescott fitted for his wedding dress.

I honestly don’t know a lot about him to like him. All I know is he was a first round QB and he is a pocket passer. Haven’t really seen play. I know how the Cowboys repond in this scenario. It’s obvious to everyone. The question is how should they.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know a lot about him to like him. All I know is he was a first round QB and he is a pocket passer. Haven’t really seen play. I know how the Cowboys repond in this scenario. It’s obvious to everyone. The question is how should they.
There is no response.

A new QB is not even on their radar. At all.

Proof

Reaction score

Why are you on a fan message board?

We’re not here to be insiders or have substantive conversations. We discuss all things, we fantasize, speculate, etc.

Anyway one of the reasons this is posted is because even if dak is the guy, you’d be foolish not to consider acquiring a blue chip guy on a rookie contract before paying over 100 mil for a guy with a 500k ur remaining that you could conceivably trade for a bounty

Mr_437

Reaction score
Another QB needy team would have more to give and be more willing then DAL ever would at this point.

GenoT

Reaction score
In this scenario we have the option to trade our first round pick next year.
And then we have no first until 2021.

Not a good strategy for the future...or do you believe that Kellen Moore, with one previous year as a position coach (or coaching at any level, for that matter), where he oversaw all of 3 players, will immediately hit it outta the park as a first-year OC?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
... you’d be foolish not to consider acquiring a blue chip guy on a rookie contract before paying over 100 mil for a guy with a 500k ur remaining that you could conceivably trade for a bounty

If you weren't foolish, you'd also have to consider the symbolism of the move and the psychological impact on the incumbent quarterback as he enters into a contract year as well as the potential problems that may occur in the locker room.

This isn't Madden NFL 2019: its real life with real people and real repercussions for your actions.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Murray weighs 190 pounds. When has a QB that size made an impact in the NFL? Never. RPO? He would get killed. Great football player for college but zero chance he will be a good pro.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sucky QB in college generally translates to Sucky QB in the pros. No thanks.

Proof

Reaction score
If you weren't foolish, you'd also have to consider the symbolism of the move and the psychological impact on the incumbent quarterback as he enters into a contract year as well as the potential problems that may occur in the locker room.

This isn't Madden NFL 2019: its real life with real people and real repercussions for your actions.

Obviously in this scenario you’d trade dak. That’s the entire point. Acquire a rookie contract to avoid daks contract. And yes, everything is madden when hypothetical

Status
Not open for further replies.