Eric Kendricks Durability at 32

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric Kendricks has been a very good LB for most of his 9 year career. He played in Minn 8 years and was a first team All Pro and pro bowler in 2019. A good but not spectacular career. His one season for the chargers last year was a pretty good one although not great.

There are 2 reasons why Kendricks signed here:
  • He was affordable.
  • He likes playing under Mike Zimmer.
I guess it’s good we have what was once a really good LB. But I do question his durability at a position where their body is in a car crash every play. Regarding Kendricks’ durability, in his 9 seasons in the NFL he’s only played a full season two times. Now he’s certainly played in most games, but he has missed 19 games over his career including 8 games in the last 4 seasons.

Hope EK works out here. The odds are not great.

Creeper

Reaction score
Does it matter? With all the players the Cowboys lost and will lose as Free Agency continues, the chances of all those roster spots getting filled with equal or better players is 0. I think Cowboys fans are going to be shocked at how bad the Cowboys team will be in 2024. Mike McCarthy is getting set up so badly by the Joneses he should resign now before he is embarrassed. .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Eric Kendricks has been a very good LB for most of his 9 year career. He played in Minn 8 years and was a first team All Pro and pro bowler in 2019. A good but not spectacular career. His one season for the chargers last year was a pretty good one although not great.

There are 2 reasons why Kendricks signed here:
  • He was affordable.
  • He likes playing under Mike Zimmer.
I guess it’s good we have what was once a really good LB. But I do question his durability at a position where their body is in a car crash every play. Regarding Kendricks’ durability, in his 9 seasons in the NFL he’s only played a full season two times. Now he’s certainly played in most games, but he has missed 19 games over his career including 8 games in the last 4 seasons.

Hope EK works out here. The odds are not great.
How about we question Bobby Wagner and white all older linebackers brought on teams in the NFC East we can question all of them... And yet this place would have took any of the three so I think they're all on the same level and we'll do fine.. He doesn't look injury prown all guys get dinged up some of the best players in the NFL miss a game here and there or play hurt

blueblood70

Reaction score
Does it matter? With all the players the Cowboys lost and will lose as Free Agency continues, the chances of all those roster spots getting filled with equal or better players is 0. I think Cowboys fans are going to be shocked at how bad the Cowboys team will be in 2024. Mike McCarthy is getting set up so badly by the Joneses he should resign now before he is embarrassed. .
I don't agree at all you'll say that every year they will make trades there are lots of players still available there's the draft there's undrafted free agents and again more players will even be after the draft and the cut down lots of good players can be added to this roster before September....
By the way that's utterly nonsense the Jones family has never tanked the season. Even when they should take a few games at the end of the season they do not you like at the end of 2020...

They are not trying to hurt Mike McCartney's career that is like cutting your nose off despite your face that is not what the Joneses are doing they're always late to the party every offseason we're only five days in to what is really a three day free agency with six months to go you guys are all overreacting as usual I've heard these same words every offseason it's 2021 I heard that same nonsense about historically bad offseason somehow every single year they were able to win 12 games

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about we question Bobby Wagner and white all older linebackers brought on teams in the NFC East we can question all of them... And yet this place would have took any of the three so I think they're all on the same level and we'll do fine.. He doesn't look injury prown all guys get dinged up some of the best players in the NFL miss a game here and there or play hurt
Seriously? Bobby Wagner hasn’t missed a game in 5 seasons. He led the NFL in tackles last year, has been a first team All Pro 6 times and is a guaranteed HOFer. Wagner is still one of the best LBs in the league and durability is not a problem for this monster.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Kendricks had been cut by two teams in two years. We should all have very low expectations.

He also went on the record after Zimmer got fired in Minnesota saying he was looking forward to playing for a new coach who didn't have a fear based culture. Not sure he likes playing for Zimmer as much as he likes starting in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seriously? Bobby Wagner hasn’t missed a game in 5 seasons. He led the NFL in tackles last year, has been a first team All Pro 6 times and is a guaranteed HOFer. Wagner is still one of the best LBs in the league and durability is not a problem for this monster.
Ohh I get it now you wanna bring up age at linebacker but when it's him he's isolated from the NFL and free from being injured at all from what I've seen from kendricks he sure has a lot of tackles every year that means he's a lot more durable than you're giving him credit for and you only wanna say that because anything that Jones is do you wanna say the opposite you don't wanna admit it was a good pick up especially since he's a Zimmer guy.... It's quite alright I know you guys game in here it's whatever the Joneses do it's always gonna be negative blowback it's always gonna be the wrong move...

And I'm sticking to what I said they're all the same age they play the same position they're all in the NFC East they all would have the same risk

blueblood70

Reaction score
Kendricks had been cut by two teams in two years. We should all have very low expectations.

He also went on the record after Zimmer got fired in Minnesota saying he was looking forward to playing for a new coach who didn't have a fear based culture. Not sure he likes playing for Zimmer as much as he likes starting in the NFL.
If that were true why didn't he just go to San Francisco that's him changing his mind to go play for Zimmer that's a conscious choice so again you guys can throw around opinions all you want it doesn't make it true lots of guys get released from teams that doesn't make them bad... I mean how many teams have Bobby Wagner change the last four years like 3 times he hasn't been on the same roster 2 years in a row over the last three seasons why wouldn't Seattle keep them why wouldn't the Rams keep them the same reason guys just move around when they get up in age that doesn't make them bad it makes them expendable...

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
If that were true why didn't he just go to San Francisco that's him changing his mind to go play for Zimmer that's a conscious choice so again you guys can throw around opinions all you want it doesn't make it true lots of guys get released from teams that doesn't make them bad... I mean how many teams have Bobby Wagner change the last four years like 3 times he hasn't been on the same roster 2 years in a row over the last three seasons why wouldn't Seattle keep them why wouldn't the Rams keep them the same reason guys just move around when they get up in age that doesn't make them bad it makes them expendable...
If it's true? It's a matter of public record Kendricks said that.

He probably changed his mind because he realized he would start in Dallas while in San Francisco he would sit behind Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw, as I alluded to earlier.

Gambit

Reaction score
He is a the perfect FA for this team at this time.

He will be MLB a green dot veteran who knows the defense that Zimmer wants to run. He will be able to help transition the so the drafted MLB and/or Clark can step up in that role next year.
The cap hit is very low for what you get in return. Of all the things to complain about, this is not it.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If you ask Seahawk fans they said he slipped badly last year, that his big tackle numbers are a product of scheme and the players around him and is a big liability in coverage.

I’m sure he’s still good and perhaps those fans are Hawks version of zoners who eat their own.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If you ask Seahawk fans they said he slipped badly last year, that his big tackle numbers are a product of scheme and the players around him and is a big liability in coverage.

I’m sure he’s still good and perhaps those fans are Hawks version of zoners who eat their own.

Here we would be calling him Dick Butkas as bad as our LB showed.

rambo2

Reaction score
Kendricks is still a solid linebacker that they needed badly. They also have Overshown coming back and could very well get more linebacker depth before camp starts.

Kendricks also doesn't cost them a compensatory pick and was a lot cheaper than Wagner and 3 years younger. Overall, signing Kendricks was a solid move. Hopefully, it pays off.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

I don't know any Seahawk fans to ask but I know PFF had Wagner rated at a whopping 82.4 in 2023.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He’s a solid player at this point. No more no less. A linebacker whose paid $3.5m is all you need to know

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm hoping they learned a lesson last year and he isn't the only MLB option on the roster.

Motorola

Reaction score
Bobhqze: off topic - just read at SI.com that two factors in Wagoner's decision to head to Washington was new HC Quinn and LB Coach Ken Norton, Jr.
So was it just his salary demand (and not staying on the west coast to play) that kept Wagner from coming to Dallas the last two seasons?

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hoping for the best - one more good year out of Kendricks, and Overshown recovers quickly from his ACL and stays healthy.

If that happens, the best case scenario, we'll see huge improvement at LB, especially since LVE was gone most of last year.

But they can't do it Cowboys don't fix that defensive line.